• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ flirting

Ferdinand

MBTI Type
INTJ
First of all, hello, I'm a "n00b" in here but I've been into MBTI for some time now.

Second of all, flirting. Quite frankly, I suck at it. I can only flirt with a girl when I know her personally and when I know that I do not want anything more than just friendship or whatever. But usually that's more of an "exchange of wittiness" rather than actual flirting.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all, hello, I'm a "n00b" in here but I've been into MBTI for some time now.

Second of all, flirting. Quite frankly, I suck at it. I can only flirt with a girl when I know her personally and when I know that I do not want anything more than just friendship or whatever. But usually that's more of an "exchange of wittiness" rather than actual flirting.

Well, you do have to start somewhere... and depending on the girl, perhaps she actually does consider it a come-on.

<frown>

Wait. I am not sure I like the connotations of "come on" (i.e., "they're coming onto me") anymore. <eye roll>

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
But usually that's more of an "exchange of wittiness" rather than actual flirting.

I find an exchange of wittiness to be a form of flirting as it happens, it's the way I flirt most of the time.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I find an exchange of wittiness to be a form of flirting as it happens, it's the way I flirt most of the time.

Same here. Wittiness, dry humour, double entendres... if you can keep up with me it's flirting in my books.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What, precisely, constitutes flirting?

Ferdinand

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, to me, flirting has a goal - exploring the possibilities of a romantic relationship. Which isn't the case when I'm "flirting" with someone whom I am not romantically interested in. But then again, that might just be me.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Flirting, for me, is playful interaction that might lead to something more playful. I see it as a dance with words, probably a tango.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I completely disagree. It's obviously the Lambada. ;)

Venona

MBTI Type
INTJ
dancing with swords

i likes, it's the chloroform that's so damn expensive

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really know when people are flirting with me or telling me what I want to hear. I usually doubt sincerity. I get these sorts of comments on MySpace all the time. It usually indicates that people want something from me. Because when I go out in public, no one seems to take notice of me.

Even my mother tells me what I want to hear: that I'm a creative, intelligent out-of-the-box thinker. But I can never be sure if she really means that or she's just kissing my ass so that I leave her alone.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Flirting doesn't have to be about what people want from you; you get something out of it, too. Flirting makes you feel good about yourself. Think outside this box ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Flirting doesn't have to be about what people want from you; you get something out of it, too. Flirting makes you feel good about yourself. Think outside this box ;)

Yes, I understand that. But the way it makes one feel good about him/herself is not always honest. Think of American Idol contestants (no, I do not watch the show, it's just that I overhear it when someone else is watching) who are flattered about what good singers people say they are, and then when they audition, they find out the truth.

I think this world needs more people like Simon Cowell.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I understand that. But the way it makes one feel good about him/herself is not always honest. Think of American Idol contestants (no, I do not watch the show, it's just that I overhear it when someone else is watching) who are flattered about what good singers people say they are, and then when they audition, they find out the truth.

I think this world needs more people like Simon Cowell.

Flirting and AI are not the same thing. Flirting is connecting with another human being, not only with someone that finds YOU interesting, but with someone that YOU find interesting. From the perspective of an INTJ, it's rare I find someone that 'gets me' or whose wit and company I seek out; when it happens it is to be treasured. You take away a good feeling because of the connection; flattery doesn't have to enter into it - but if it does? If someoone tells me I'm witty or quick with a come back that increases MY estimation of them; I know myself and I know what I am and what I am not. Because the alternative I'll hear is "Oh, that was mean, you should be more sensitive". :devil:

Having someone tell you you're a great singer when you are in fact tone deaf, isn't flirting. And the world does need more people like Simon Cowell.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Flirting and AI are not the same thing. Flirting is connecting with another human being, not only with someone that finds YOU interesting, but with someone that YOU find interesting. From the perspective of an INTJ, it's rare I find someone that 'gets me' or whose wit and company I seek out; when it happens it is to be treasured. You take away a good feeling because of the connection; flattery doesn't have to enter into it - but if it does? If someoone tells me I'm witty or quick with a come back that increases MY estimation of them; I know myself and I know what I am and what I am not. Because the alternative I'll hear is "Oh, that was mean, you should be more sensitive". :devil:

Having someone tell you you're a great singer when you are in fact tone deaf, isn't flirting. And the world does need more people like Simon Cowell.

I have a theory that Sensors are more likely to be tone deaf, but also more likely to memorize the actual lyrics. (And most people I know are very off-key when singing, but fine at memorizing lyrics.)

An Intuitive, who tends to capture the essence of things, will be more keen on memorizing the tone of music, since the Intuitive is more interested in background perception, which is part of Jung's definition of the Intuitive. Intuitives tend to perceive the emotional subtleties of things.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't believe this was brought up: Isn't flirting technically sexual harassment?

And what on Earth is the point of flirting with spouses? You're already stuck with them!

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't believe this was brought up: Isn't flirting technically sexual harassment?

And what on Earth is the point of flirting with spouses? You're already stuck with them!

1. No, because sexual harassment has to be unwanted attention (and is virtually impossible to charge in court).

2. fun. That's the point of the whole thing, imo. I've flirted with people who I was barely even attracted to just for the hell of it (well, I've done it for tips too, but that's a dif. story).