• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What Does Your Thinking Decision Stream of Consciousness Look Like?

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
Recall a time when you made a thinking decision and try to reconstruct your stream of consciousness.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it looks like a very fuzzy screensaver with flowers falling
the flowers are the ideas
they are different flowers
and they fall infrequently
so i stare at the screen, and once the picture forms - tada
i have the complete picture in front of me

or sitting on a prak bench on a pier, but the people are as fast as cars
and the ones that are interelated move in slow motion
i read the dynamics between them, and i make a judgment based upon the feeling tone of the atmosphere

heart

heart on fire
LOL I typed it out and then I said, damn that's too personal I am not posting that!

Then when I clicked back in, I saw someone else edited theirs out too. :)

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
As an ENTP, I begin with irrational data; white noise. That's what the majority of the perceived universe is to me, and I'd wager it's the same with any other Ne-dominant individual. Everything is static- the sounds that I am hearing (wait, there's music playing?), all the objects scattered across my desk as I write, and especially my ideas. It's not until my secondary function, Ti, comes along that things start making sense. Ti starts taking this abstract data and reorganizes it into contained packets of holistic information that my mind can use to build structures of understanding.
When I'm first coming to a point where a decision must be made, these little "building blocks" are thrown around in every orientation imaginable until finally a central shape is formed. This sets the foundation upon which all other data must be build upon. It has to be this way- if the data doesn't sit well with the foundation, it doesn't make sense. And eventually, the foundation is built upon to the point where decisions are ordered in a simple matter- all of them equal, but some of them more equal than others (think of each choice being a color- eventually you'll start having a preference for one color more than another, and so on).

I think I've said enough. And no, I will not give any examples of my decision-making process. The theory will have to suffice for now.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
If I do X action the consequence will be Y with a likelihood or Z with (1-a) likelihood so given that the payoff for Y is b and the payoff for Z is c then E(X)=ab+(1-a)c then if I do W action the consequences will be....etc etc go on this way

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Mine often looks a bit like this:

*Analyzing...Analyzing...Analyzing...* "YOU WIN/YOU FAIL"

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i talk to myself.

'but does that mean that x just because of y?'
'no, not necessarily, but maybe z'
'how is z justified?'
'cmon... think of something... what if we take Y(a) and expand on it?'

etc.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
it's like building a puzzle except without any premade pieces.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's just a simulation of situations until we get a good outcome.

BINGO! and that is the decision that is used.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
It's an attempt at bringing order to chaos. (Because, well, everything in my head usually swirls around in chaos and noise until I use what's in there to make some conclusion or other.)

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
It's like making rock candy. The stick being the initial decision/thesis/whatever and the sugar falling out of solution being the facts/thoughts that contribute, eventually, to a structure solid enough to support action.

89 < says Reaper the cat. I thought the answer was 42.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Act first, think later.

otherwise. totally random and illogical.

random words linking together to form more random meanings, sometimes completely out of context with current reality.

Frank

Generally I start with a goal in mind. Once the goal is determined I seem to gather information from everything and relate it to the goal. This results in a whirlwind of data, ideas, and associations flowing through my mind. Then I try and extract the most useful information to devise the steps towards the goal. Once determined, focus narrows to the plan, and it is full force execution time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When it comes to me as an individual I am really not aware of how I make decisions. I often get the feedback that I resend to black-and-white statements and that I come to impersonal conclusions. Most of the time this is hard emotionally driven.

When I notice that my partner in discussion does not get my line of thinking or tries to confuse me with irrational thinking, I often become emotional in the process of discussion making. Like a child that is angry.

When I notice there is harmony in conversation, I tend to drop logic for the sake of harmony. In those times I am inclined to accept the most irrational statements and start to get intrested in them.

So I really cant say my decision making style is driven by logic.

When it comes to obvious decisions, as a leader of a group for example, I tend to find a way that is the best for everyone, to a certain point of course (cant make everything right for everyone).

There was once a longtime ago a famous german CounterStrike clan, named [W.A.R.] (what meant "We Are Ruling", what we were not :)) and in our starting days, we were pretty bad but we had grown really big and good indeed. Reached the place 54 out of 5000 clans in clanbase 5on5 and the place 19 out of 8000 in clanbase 2on2.

I was clanleader and in a crucial ClanWar on a private LAN session with about 500 people, we were in the final round and I was faced with a difficult decision. We had a newcomer to our first team, who has proven to be very good, but who wasnt prone to our tactics. Furthermore he liked to implement his own tactics, what often went wrong for him and the rest of the team in the end, too. I didnt like the guy, he was an arrogant snob and an idiot. And he was filling in the spot of one of my best friends, who was a founding member of our clan, but who has lost his finesse.

I did not choose the snobbish idiot for the finals and this was not logical, because he was much better than my friend. I wanted to prove the point that we play for fun and not for the winning. You really have gained nothing from winning besides respect and that we had already. Besides that, if you would have extrapolated the situation, it would have ended like any other good CS clan. In the end there are only good players, but the fun is lacking.

We won the finals with 5:5 and 6:4 . My best friend headshoted me by accident in a crucial round and I bathed him in beer for that after the final. :D

He is a very though guy and often gets involved into fistfights. He has been to prison for safety reasons when he is drunk once in a while. But after that finals, he cried tears out of happiness. That really was the right decision :)

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Before

atama1.jpg

After

1509327823_l.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha, what is that ? "The Rocky Horror Bondage show in Africa" ? xD

ArchitectofFate

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's an attempt at bringing order to chaos. (Because, well, everything in my head usually swirls around in chaos and noise until I use what's in there to make some conclusion or other.)

lol really?? I bring reform through chaos.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before

atama1.jpg

After

1509327823_l.jpg

im currently confused on the difference between Ne and Ni....

how is what you just posted not Ne? what you posted looks a lot like what goes in my head hahaha. maybe im a Ni child?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
For me personally its like I've already have a bunch of these internal concepts which I sort of internally organize based on the data that I'm receiving externally.

For instance today I was talking to my mom about HMO's and Information technology and I first sort of built a general concept of what I was trying to understand and each successive question was based largely on one of these internal concepts.

It's sort of like a parallel processing of concepts, I have one external concept that is somewhat solid around the perimeter but still malleable and what seems like an infinite series of concepts that are brought to my attention as I try to make the external concept more definitive.

It's a pretty rapid process but it seems like each question I ask is an attempt to sort of connect each piece of the parallel concepts. The biggest thing ultimately is to ask vague but pointed questions so that when you either search for the information or ask the "professional" that you get a maximum amount of detail, depth, and clarity.

So to sort of wrap up that nonsensical rambling its basically just a search for asking the most "leveraged" questions.