• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Has anyone called you a sore loser?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I have been, but the comment had no basis.
When I lose, I look over my mistakes, and identify how I can improve.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a sore loser only against computers, because I think they might be cheating.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a sore loser only against computers, because I think they might be cheating.

They totally cheat in Madden football. If you're like 10-0 or 11-0 in your season, the computer's going to pick one game where NOTHING goes right for you and you get destroyed no matter what you do, just so you don't go undefeated. A sportswriter I like calls it the "No F***ing Way" game.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would call myself a sore loser at times.
I can get pretty competitive when I want to.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
umm...

not sure.

probably in the past, but not recently.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends who the opponent is and what I've lost at.

If I lose a game of chess, even to a 9 year old child (as I regularly do), I laugh and say well done. I've long understood why it is that I suck at chess - short attention span and also, EP is very strong in me, so if what I'm working at has no continuous use in the external world, I quickly lose interest and can't really engage in the first place.

If I lose an argument because someone's reasoning and knowledge was superior to mine, I usually give way pretty graciously.

If I 'lose' an argument - i.e. it's over and I'm perceived to have lost - because the other person stamped their foot and screamed and said I was horrible but didn't actually listen to or understand my points, then again, I can be pretty gracious. I used to find it very frustrating and proceed to despise that person, but now I let it go cos I figure, y'know, life can't be much fun being them. And I've learned with people like that there is no way to win an argument unless you agree with them. So, I let it go.

BUT sometimes my graciousness can be deceptive. I shake the dude's hand and say well done and smile, but inside I'm hauling myself over hot coals and completely tormented and crazy mad at myself for losing and desperate to give it another crack.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I've been called a sore loser many times.

When I was a child up until about fourteen or so, I handled losses very badly. No always losing once, but definitely if I lost two or three times in a row. I would become terribly flustered and hostile, usually cursed, growled, stomped, and was likely to drive people away from playing the game. Throwing and object wasn't out of the question either.

Today, I still have a competitive streak that I try to keep subdued, because I think it's a very unhealthy thing. Losing still makes me upset, actually, but I turn it all inwards now. When I lose, I'm disapponted in myself. That's always been the problem, regardless of how I show it.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I passionately enjoy games and debates, of course, but I never particularly was called a sore loser. Or rather, only when I like to, when I feel in a playful mood... but this is only a comedy.

I tend to enjoy games and debates mostly for their own sake, not for their outcomes. To win is easy (especially for me), to properly lose is an art. If my challenger has enjoyed jousting with me, usually I'm fine.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never really perceive that I lost an argument, even if the other person thinks that I did :blush:

Anything else I couldn't care less about- I have the attention span of a gnat and easily find something else to preoccupy me whenever I lose at something (whatever that is- I just flat out don't care about winning in many cases as long as I'm amused!)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
In terms of debate and arguments id say I'm actually pretty gracious in losing, during i'm inwardly focused and somewhat emotionally invested. I really value sound reasoning and intelligence, so in the event of a loss I'm actually somewhat happy because I learned something new and also figured out some weaknesses of my own.

In the physical realm though, I'm probably the worst loser (all is fair in love and war right?) but it's usually a short intense anger that again is directed more inwardly. I think that it's sort of a Jon Mccenroe type drive that is expressed more positively externally but maybe just as negative internally.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, there's a situation that can make me quite upset, it's when you're in a team game, and that someone in your own team plays so bad he/she eventually ruins all our efforts.

During those moments, I tend to be less understanding. :steam: But when I'm only the only one involved, I usually don't care about losing.

T

ThatGirl

I am a very gracefull loser because I understand peoples need to cheat. I try not to hold it against them though because thats how I roll...... very cool.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
note to self: go to a star wars convention and start a competition just to see them kill each other.

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP
Never been called a sore loser, and I don't think I ever have been a sore loser. People used to get annoyed by my constant attempts to get them to let me redo one of my moves that I made five turns beforehand, but over time that's transformed into inward criticism. "I can't believe I did that" is my new "Wait, I forgot to do something last turn".

I have an ENTJ friend who's a huge sore loser though. He even gets sore when his opposition doesn't try hard enough to make his presumptuously inevitable win gratifying. He always needs to get the last shot in too. I remember playing "sawdust tag" with him in IA back in high school and he didn't get me once. So, frustrated and covered in sawdust, he went to the back room and filled my backpack with sawdust.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I am a very gracefull loser because I understand peoples need to cheat. I try not to hold it against them though because thats how I roll...... very cool.

Well...

Cheating against INTPs can be a delectable hobby. :D

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
They totally cheat in Madden football. If you're like 10-0 or 11-0 in your season, the computer's going to pick one game where NOTHING goes right for you and you get destroyed no matter what you do, just so you don't go undefeated. A sportswriter I like calls it the "No F***ing Way" game.

That's exactly the kind of cheating I'm talking about and that makes me go absolutely crazy :steam: I'll keep on repeating the match until there's a "fair" result.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It really depends. I HATE to lose at fighting games, and stupid things like that, so I tend to stay away from that sort. boardgames I have NO problem losing I always have fun with them.

When debating, I generally don't feel I've lost anything. If I didn't state my case well enough, it's because I have a lot to learn, in which case I'm more likely to sit and listen to the other person.

If I believe strongly in a subject though, I can be a bit of a brick wall about the whole thing. Even if it didn't make sense to be so stubborn about it, I'd still be.