• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Has anyone called you a sore loser?

Algora J

I have an INTJ male friend, and oh boy! does he not like losing an argument. We recently played chess together, and I won all 4 times which made me very annoyed with me.

So I have a question for you NT folks, when you lose, how graceful are you?

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Depends on how much I care about the competition. :)

Edit: There are some things that I know that I'm not very skilled in. I expect to lose when I play certain games against my husband. In those cases, not so much. But when it's something that I'm skilled in, I don't like to lose.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
We very rarely lose the war...may drop a few battles here and there. I only get mad if I beat myself. :doh: If he's annoyed with you...you've got his attention. Thats a victory in itself.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I HATE losing. The Gauntlet put me in a funk for days. While I have not been called a sore loser, I have been accused of being that guy that always takes a fun game too seriously. "Chutes go DOWN, you sonofabitch, ladders go UP. I swear, what are you, like three years old? Oh, you are."

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I HATE losing. The Gauntlet put me in a funk for days. While I have not been called a sore loser, I have been accused of being that guy that always takes a fun game too seriously. "Chutes go DOWN, you sonofabitch, ladders go UP. I swear, what are you, like three years old? Oh, you are."

I've graciously kicked someone til they fell down and then cursed them to their 5th generation.

Yeah. Little old Bingo ladies *totally* had it comin'.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
So I have a question for you NT folks, when you lose, how graceful are you?

I know I used to be a very sore loser, even if I like to think I've always tried to contain my reaction (as opposed to blowing up at the winner; how transparent and pathetic is that?). I feel I've gotten better - losing stings less and I need less time to recover - but I rather think there's a long way to go still before the term graceful will apply to me. :rolleyes:

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
Well, to be called a sore loser, first you have to lose. ;)

Algora J

Depends on how much I care about the competition. :)

Edit: There are some things that I know that I'm not very skilled in. I expect to lose when I play certain games against my husband. In those cases, not so much. But when it's something that I'm skilled in, I don't like to lose.

My point is that it doesn't matter if you're skilled at something or not, the whole point is the adherence to diplomacy if indeed you do lose.

I've always had the philosophy that if someone is right and better at you than something, then better learn from that individual. However, with my particular INTJ friend, I think now he's holding a slight grudge towards me!

I sense some jealousy issues on his part, but I haven't brought it up.

Algora J

I know I used to be a very sore loser, even if I like to think I've always tried to contain my reaction (as opposed to blowing up at the winner; how transparent and pathetic is that?). I feel I've gotten better - losing stings less and I need less time to recover - but I rather think there's a long way to go still before the term graceful will apply to me. :rolleyes:

Yes, well I certainly gather that is the case with INTJs! :D

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Never lost before, so I don't know.

Actually, I don't get upset from losing itself. I see it as an opportunity for improvement. My attitude is more dependent on how the winner behaves when he wins.

Algora J

Never lost before, so I don't know.

Actually, I don't get upset from losing itself. I see it as an opportunity for improvement. My attitude is more dependent on how the winner behaves when he wins.

There's nothing wrong with gloating and giving someone the high five if you do win.

I remember once I was in court for a speeding ticket, and the judge took my side to the police officer, and when the trial was over, I went over to shake his hand, and he left in an angry rant without shaking my hand.

I thought, "What an unprofessional dweeb." and chuckled to myself. :devil:

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
My point is that it doesn't matter if you're skilled at something or not, the whole point is the adherence to diplomacy if indeed you do lose.

I've always had the philosophy that if someone is right and better at you than something, then better learn from that individual. However, with my particular INTJ friend, I think now he's holding a slight grudge towards me!

I sense some jealousy issues on his part, but I haven't brought it up.

Diplomacy? *looks confused*

I'm not *mean* to someone who beats me. It doesn't happen often enough. ;)

Seriously, when I lose, it's usually that I'm pissed at myself for not doing better than I did, not at the other person for doing better than me. I'd always explained it this way: I don't want to win because the other person does badly. I want them to do well, too. I just want to do better.

Algora J

Diplomacy? *looks confused*

I'm not *mean* to someone who beats me. It doesn't happen often enough. ;)

Seriously, when I lose, it's usually that I'm pissed at myself for not doing better than I did, not at the other person for doing better than me. I'd always explained it this way: I don't want to win because the other person does badly. I want them to do well, too. I just want to do better.

I feel that way in competitive sports. I don't need to be No.1. But you don't get better at tennis by playing with a partner you can always beat.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
There's nothing wrong with gloating and giving someone the high five if you do win.

Playful gloating is fine. But some are really smug and will hoot and holler for so long that they risk suffocation.

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
Quantum Teleportation = epic Fail. ;) *poke*
Heh, I didn't think of it, I just played around with one of my brother's ideas. And technically, it's teleportation though quantum means.

I guess my record remains clean. ;) *poke*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh, I didn't think of it, I just played around with one of my brother's ideas. And technically, it's teleportation though quantum means.

I guess my record remains clean. ;) *poke*

All right, all right, keep your hadron in your pants. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Edahn had better answer yes to this question cause I'm calling him one.