User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

In terms of debate and arguments id say I'm actually pretty gracious in losing, during i'm inwardly focused and somewhat emotionally invested. I really value sound reasoning and intelligence, so in the event of a loss I'm actually somewhat happy because I learned something new and also figured out some weaknesses of my own.

In the physical realm though, I'm probably the worst loser (all is fair in love and war right?) but it's usually a short intense anger that again is directed more inwardly. I think that it's sort of a Jon Mccenroe type drive that is expressed more positively externally but maybe just as negative internally.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, there's a situation that can make me quite upset, it's when you're in a team game, and that someone in your own team plays so bad he/she eventually ruins all our efforts.

During those moments, I tend to be less understanding. :steam: But when I'm only the only one involved, I usually don't care about losing.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

ThatGirl

I am a very gracefull loser because I understand peoples need to cheat. I try not to hold it against them though because thats how I roll...... very cool.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

note to self: go to a star wars convention and start a competition just to see them kill each other.

MBTI
    INTP

Never been called a sore loser, and I don't think I ever have been a sore loser. People used to get annoyed by my constant attempts to get them to let me redo one of my moves that I made five turns beforehand, but over time that's transformed into inward criticism. "I can't believe I did that" is my new "Wait, I forgot to do something last turn".

I have an ENTJ friend who's a huge sore loser though. He even gets sore when his opposition doesn't try hard enough to make his presumptuously inevitable win gratifying. He always needs to get the last shot in too. I remember playing "sawdust tag" with him in IA back in high school and he didn't get me once. So, frustrated and covered in sawdust, he went to the back room and filled my backpack with sawdust.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am a very gracefull loser because I understand peoples need to cheat. I try not to hold it against them though because thats how I roll...... very cool.
    Well...

Cheating against INTPs can be a delectable hobby.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    They totally cheat in Madden football. If you're like 10-0 or 11-0 in your season, the computer's going to pick one game where NOTHING goes right for you and you get destroyed no matter what you do, just so you don't go undefeated. A sportswriter I like calls it the "No F***ing Way" game.
    That's exactly the kind of cheating I'm talking about and that makes me go absolutely crazy :steam: I'll keep on repeating the match until there's a "fair" result.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

MBTI
    ENTP

I call myself a poor loser :]]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It really depends. I HATE to lose at fighting games, and stupid things like that, so I tend to stay away from that sort. boardgames I have NO problem losing I always have fun with them.

When debating, I generally don't feel I've lost anything. If I didn't state my case well enough, it's because I have a lot to learn, in which case I'm more likely to sit and listen to the other person.

If I believe strongly in a subject though, I can be a bit of a brick wall about the whole thing. Even if it didn't make sense to be so stubborn about it, I'd still be.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge