User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I had hoped for a bit more explanation from DB regarding his preferences, which would have been entirely on-topic. Instead, I get to chat a bit in French, and see incomprehensible videos. I think it is time for bed.
    It is lovely when you deign to come down from your ivory tower and speak with us peasants.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I like a woman who's a challenge.
    While I'm sure that you value other things, what happens when you win? Because that is the point of a challenge. If you meet a challenging woman and you eventually win her, do you still want her to be a challenge? You're an 8 and I get it so I'm not trying to be a dick here. It's a serious question.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    While I'm sure that you value other things, what happens when you win? Because that is the point of a challenge. If you meet a challenging woman and you eventually win her, do you still want her to be a challenge? You're an 8 and I get it so I'm not trying to be a dick here. It's a serious question.
    You don't ever win. By challenge I mean that she has other options because she's such a catch. I want to have to work for it. Obviously once settled into a life together I don't want to have to worry about other guys, but I do want someone who won't let me rest on my laurels. I want a woman who is a challenge to win over and who also challenges me to be the best me I can be. I want to challenge her in the same fashion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You don't ever win. By challenge I mean that she has other options because she's such a catch. I want to have to work for it. Obviously once settled into a life together I don't want to have to worry about other guys, but I do want someone who won't let me rest on my laurels. I want a woman who is a challenge to win over and who also challenges me to be the best me I can be. I want to challenge her in the same fashion.
    It is lovely when you deign to come down from your ivory tower and speak with us peasants.
    It is especially lovely when the peasants actually have something to say.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It is especially lovely when the peasants actually have something to say.
    This peasant has nothing to say to you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This peasant has nothing to say to you.
    That's rather hard to pull off when you are participating in a public thread.

(Seriously, I'm not sure why you are so determined to be misunderstood.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

So you can overcome the challenge, or better yourself through addressing it?
    It looks like the second of Coriolis' offered possibilities to me. Why would there be anything wrong with that?

Not my cup of tea, but it seems a perfectly reasonable thing to want. Not that wants have to reasonable as long as both parties are on board. Knowing what you want helps a lot with making that happen.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Doesn't the outside world pose enough challenges? (Just wondering)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

That's rather hard to pull off when you are participating in a public thread.

(Seriously, I'm not sure why you are so determined to be misunderstood.)
    I mean I'm perfectly happy to talk to others, but past experience tells me it is a waste of my time and energy to engage with you.

So I wont.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I mean I'm perfectly happy to talk to others, but past experience tells me it is a waste of my time and energy to engage with you.

So I wont.
    Why is it a waste of time? Because I don't end up agreeing with you too often? I engage with you not because we are going to agree, but because I want to understand your perspective better, partly because it is often so different from mine. Of course if your primary goal is winning arguments or converting the infidels rather than promoting understanding, it will indeed seem a waste of time.