• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I/ENTJ Men and Intimate Relationships

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Intelligence and creativity are the most attractive qualities to me while ambition and assertiveness are a nice bonus. I honestly don’t believe that a long-term relationship with a Sensor would work for me. Most of my friends are Sensors but my lifestyle choices are so unconventional and idealistic that it could easily strain our marriage. Combine that with our completely different habits of thought, ideas of what we find important, and the general inability for most people to understand how I think and the S/N divide becomes a lot more foreboding. My ideal type would probably be INTP or INTJ since frankly I’m not warm enough to be married to a Feeler. I prefer Introverts since their qualities are less obvious on first observation (yes, they're more "mysterious").

Respectfully, I don't think you understood my post at all.

It's not that INFPs cry often, it's that telling them not to cry when they are crying is only going to make them cry more.
Most people would do that if they feel that you’re illegitimizing their suffering. Telling a person not to cry could easily come off that way, and not just with INFPs.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is it international nitpick day?!

Did I ever say "ONLY INFPs"?!

heart

heart on fire
Respectfully, I don't think you understood my post at all.

It's not that INFPs cry often, it's that telling them not to cry when they are crying is only going to make them cry more.

Is there any type of human being who once started crying will stop crying when told to stop? :huh:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What "type" would you prefer to marry?

Beyond correspondence of mores, habits and humor -- there's a premium on honesty, kindness, and je ne sais quois.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Do male I/ENTJ men like a woman who is assertive, confident, somewhat aggressive and organized? What "type" of women if given the choice would you choose to be involved in a romantic relationship with? What "type" would you prefer to marry?

If you're an NTJ male I'd love to hear your thoughts. :yes:

A girl who likes to be a daughter and a mother, a girl who dreams of flowers and kittens and has strange thoughts she cannot exactly place, a dreamer that waits for her protector to come and rescue her...
And if she's artsy I'd feel fully understood. :newwink:

Romantic aye.. :wubbie:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do male I/ENTJ men like a woman who is assertive, confident, somewhat aggressive and organized? What "type" of women if given the choice would you choose to be involved in a romantic relationship with? What "type" would you prefer to marry?

ISTP
-most N-like of the sensors
-less chance of a fight erupting from stepping on Fe or Fi
-share auxillary/tertiary relationships: Se and Ni
-Ti and Te can play back up to the other, making the whole, stronger than the sum of its parts.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is there any type of human being who once started crying will stop crying when told to stop? :huh:

Only if they are under 10 and the sentence ends with, "...or I'll give you something to cry about when we get home."

Frank

I have always been attracted to the more bubbly nf and sf types. Kind, caring and sensual have always done it for me. There does however inevitably come a time when communication becomes an issue. They often end up perceiving me as cold or ruthless and I them as flaky and inneficient.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Yes. Confidence is exceptionally attractive. Tied to most confidence is a sense of quiet strength - assertiveness if you like. Too much of either proves to be a turn-off. I dislike aggressive/hostile people, and will actively target those I believe gain control via bullying (sometimes I do this even online...). Humility goes a long way.

I married an ENxJ. My most significant relationships were with an INFJ; INTP; ENFJ and INTJ.

I tend to be attracted to NJs.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Look in the "ENTJ - Fieldmarshall's messhall" social group... That is the current discussion... Many of us like INFJ's and INFP's. But also ENFP, INTP to some extent and ENFP.

Algora J

My husband is ENTJ and we've been married for 17 years so I have some personal insight into this. I think my husband would have preferred an ESFJ or something close to it. He is not at all a chauvinist (in that he doesn't care if the male does this and the female does that), he feels that since he earns the money that I must be an extremely competant "EVERYTHING ELSE" - his secretary, driver of children, cook, head housekeeper, gardener, writer of the Christmas cards, event planner, banker, etc.

I know that he likes intelligent women, but not agressive ones. He would definately have preferred someone who is an E-type because the E versus I issue is pretty big with us.

Quite fascinating. Your husband sounds as if he is really looking for a submissive personal assistant who caters to his whims and fancies.

I think however, that is why women tend to have more freedom when they are the breadwinners. You bring home the bacon, and hire the cook, cleaner, nanny, and not have to think about the trivial mundane things that need to be organised on a regular basis.

I have to admit though, having been in both positions that working a 9-5 or even 9-7 job is much easier than staying home and taking care of those sorts of details.

I think as an ENTJ female, I'll want a house-husband, who stays home/works from home/ babysits the kids and cook/clean etc.

That's my ideal man. :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Do male I/ENTJ men like a woman who is assertive, confident, somewhat aggressive and organized?
I dislike being too aggressive in myself and others. Otherwise, assertive, confident and organized is a great thing. I actually like my female friend of one year to occasionally laugh at lists, plans and just do it instead.

What "type" of women if given the choice would you choose to be involved in a romantic relationship with?

T,F are both great; T seems incredibly fun in some ways, now. More of a connection. More of a chance for a relationship to become deep and developing for me. Perhaps not that much of exuberant love, but now a feeling for having a soulmate, and that warm feeling of love. F? I'd love someone enthusiastic, optimistic and emotionally expressive, too.

ESTP, ESFJ, INFP, ENTP, ENFJ, ENTJ.

What "type" would you prefer to marry?
INFP, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP. Perhaps INTJ, INFJ.

childofprodigy

I personally prefer feminine women, hence personality-wise I prefer gentle, caring, loving, submissive, self-effacing women....It's a Yin-and-Yang thing....I want a Yin to complement my Yang LOL

Though physical attractiveness trumps all hence if you're a hot "Yang" girl feel free to advertise yourself to me....