User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Anyone else notice how NTs are the only ones replying to this thread on a Saturday night? I posted four; one for each. The three of them total one reply.

Personally, I went out last night to see some friends. That's my socializing for the weekend.

And I'm having fun switching between reading and listening to music and organizing my room.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It is rare, intense, and does not fade quickly (if at all).

I think, hope, I see the flaws of the other person and do not idealize.
    This also describes my experiences. Perfectly.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Right now, MBTIc is one of the two forums I, while working on a project, am flipping over to.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Anyone else notice how NTs are the only ones replying to this thread on a Saturday night? I posted four; one for each. The three of them total one reply.
    om.
    Maybe this has something to do with over 75% of members being NTs?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

The ones I've had in middle and high school were pretty intense inside my head, though I never really acted on them (I'm not sure how much actually showed through.) Pretty much what happened is that when the person was around, my brain would be focused on them and thinking about them a lot. It was sort of a split enjoyment/non-enjoyment when the crushes were around, part of my brain enjoyed being nearby someone I was attracted to, the other part wanted to get away so that I wouldn't have a large chunk of brain intensely thinking about the one or two people I was attracted to.

In junior year of high school, one got pretty intense inside my head, enough that I was pretty depressed by the end of the year (I'm not really sure what went wrong, describing what I have worked out happened would be kind of embarrassing.), I pretty much lost an interest in intense attraction to people, thanks to all the mental and emotional energy and turmoil spent on pretty much nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Maybe this has something to do with over 75% of members being NTs?

heh.

Thanks for pointing out that (now) startlingly obvious datum.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    XNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    There's a part of my brain that is the irrational completely feeling-driven part; this part makes up mundane fantasies of the two of us together. Very earthly, realistic "we could play catch" kinda fantasies.

The other 1/2 of my brain is inquisitively curious, and analyzes the irrational part of me that is crushing on this guy.

I would say I'm very aware of his shortcomings (those which I would know from our limited interaction).

I think the crush started in my brain toward his brain (he's very intelligent and funny), and radiated down into my "feelingly insides". I am quite certain that although he is physically attractive, that was only noticed once I noticed his brain.
    Thanks for the intel. I realize that this probably isn't why this thread was created, but such things help me to figure out how to better relate to Varelse. I'll leave before invading NT territory, now.
    I'm a man, and I'm proud of it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    When I have a crush it may last for a long period of time , but it ebbs and flows. I hate rejection so when I'm crushing on someone and I think they like me, I'll be preoccupied with them until i get a sense that they are ignoring me more than usual, then I try to detach myself -"oh well, that might be it"...until they send another signal. That way I never spend any wasted effort on unrequited crushes. If I get a lot of mixed signals then I just try to forget about them.

Of course this is all dependent on my own intuitive interpretation of signals. I rarely discuss romance or crushes with friends, so i only have my own experience to draw from. My people-reading skills could be way off.
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I was going to say. Except I'm overly paranoid, so unless someone's blatantly interested, I'll convince myself that they aren't and quickly lose interest, so my crushes usually don't last longer than a few months (if that).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post

I'm the same. First the brain, everything else comes later.
    Ditto. They have to be able to keep up with me first. I find wit and intelligence very sexy. I mean at the end of the day if you want to keep someone around you you need to be able to enjoy their company.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP

It is often all or nothing for me. I fall hard. Try not to. It is unhealthy because I'm married.