• INTJ

31 23.48%
  • INTP

30 22.73%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    What is the most stable type acording to you? (having the less high and down). Is this type dependent according to you?

And : I still didn't figure out how to put a poll into a thread... Can someone explain?
    Warning I have not read the thread merely responding to the OP.

I can't even begin to define what emotionally stable is...

Less high and down I understand but emotional states are relative and highly subjective, what appears to one as normal appears to another as a down. I know some people who would say they have no ups and downs, from where I sit they actually look like the are perpetually in a rut and down.

While many friends will laugh at this, I am extremely emotionally stable. In that my emotions never fail to be there, regular as clockwork, you can guarantee that I WILL be having them, lol.

As for up and down, if it becomes normal to be on a perpetual roller coaster then someone has a problem, but to be on a perpetual plain, with no ups and downs is also unhealthy, by most clinical psychological standards.

As for type, no type is more emotionally stable than another. As stability, like emotion itself, is a subjective concept that isn't open to objective definition. A fair comparsion is impossible.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But I know from mucho grande experience with myself and others that it's more difficult to internally rile an INTP than at least xNFx, and likely any type. Speaking in general.
    Right, agreed. But you probably also know from experience that sometimes the quiet seething we do that we hide from everyone (sometimes ourselves) is not something that can be called stable.

In my experience, some of what looked like brave emotional stability was actually me starting to literally go insane inside. I looked pretty damn stable and happy but I was crumbling underneath the surface.

I just really hate watching INTPs convince themselves that their quiet repressive ways are better than others. It completely stalls personal development.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Sure, sure, I suppose all that's true for some INTPs. It just takes a lot to get me pissed or excited. This isn't really intentional, it's just the way it is. And again, I didn't say stable is better.

MBTI
    INTP

Sure, sure, I suppose all that's true for some INTPs. It just takes a lot to get me pissed or excited. This isn't really intentional, it's just the way it is. And again, I didn't say stable is better.
    So you're trying to define stable as "even tempered" whereas I'm more comfortable defining stable as - not easily thrown into insanity. We have to be careful not to use a definition that weighted toward certain types.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

According to the OP even-tempered is the operating definition of the day...unless I've gone completely bonkers. And if we used a definition which was immune to type-relation, we wouldn't have ourselves much of a thread.

MBTI
    intp

stable - Definitions from Dictionary.com
    1. not likely to fall or give way, as a structure, support, foundation, etc.; firm; steady.
    2. able or likely to continue or last; firmly established; enduring or permanent: a stable government.
    3. resistant to sudden change or deterioration: A stable economy is the aim of every government.
    4. steadfast; not wavering or changeable, as in character or purpose; dependable.
    If you're not easily riled, excited or swayed, then you are stable, for better or for worse, regardless of the means by which you maintain the stability.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

According to the OP even-tempered is the operating definition of the day...unless I've gone completely bonkers. And if we used a definition which was immune to type-relation, we wouldn't have ourselves much of a thread.
    Oh, ok, I didn't read the brackets. Less ups and downs, excuse my mistake. An unhealthy INTP is definitely the type who is the most "emotionally stable" as defined by the OP then!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Pardon me, did you just call me unhealthy?

MBTI
    intp

hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

Pardon me, did you just call me unhealthy?
    Haha. No. Not unless you think you're unshakable. I do think unshakable, though appealing at times, is probably unhealthy.