• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Now the most emotionally stable type!

Which type is the most emotionally stable

• Total voters

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I called in a total of once in my life and my grandmother had to do it for me because I couldn't move out of bed.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice, now that is very admirable for a fellow xNFP.

Na, when missing one day can screw you on rent, heat, water, electricity, food, there is a certain level of desperation at which you will put your job ahead of your health. Now I make better money but I haven't been sick on a work day in two years.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have very rarely seen either my ISTJ husband or ISTP son angry. So in that sense I could say that they are stable.

And I agree with the stated opinion that you do not want to be around when these folks lose it. I find an errand to run, quick-like.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTP, almost certainly. Our output is calmer than our input, as a rule. And if emotions are about to get out of hand, cold rationality steps in to dissuade them 99 times of 100.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Each type has its own version of emotionally stable. INTPs are not emotionally stable just because they don't show emotion and ENFJs are not emotionally unstable just because they show more emotion than you are comfortable with.

Honestly! Everyone here knows that the world is populated by many different types, so why are we all trying to define a term like "emotionally stable" as something that would look identical in all of them?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Each type has its own version of emotionally stable. INTPs are not emotionally stable just because they don't show emotion and ENFJs are not emotionally unstable just because they show more emotion than you are comfortable with.

Honestly! Everyone here knows that the world is populated by many different types, so why are we all trying to define a term like "emotionally stable" as something that would look identical in all of them?
You're right someone delete this thread pls. :huh:

Stable means stable, it doesn't mean Awesome. ENFJs have awesome emotions, but INTPs emotions are...Yeah this doesn't need a qualifier, INTPs are more emotionally stable.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
You're right someone delete this thread pls. :huh:

Stable means stable, it doesn't mean Awesome. ENFJs have awesome emotions, but INTPs emotions are...Yeah this doesn't need a qualifier, INTPs are more emotionally stable.

As an INTP who frequents a site with other INTPs (and maybe you even know some in real life), if you cannot admit that we have a propensity to repress emotions then maybe you are more emotionally unstable than you thought.

The fact that we look more even tempered does not mean that we are actually stable.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
As an INTP who frequents a site with other INTPs (and maybe you even know some in real life), if you cannot admit that we have a propensity to repress emotions then maybe you are more emotionally unstable than you thought.

The fact that we look more even tempered does not mean that we are actually stable.
But I know from mucho grande experience with myself and others that it's more difficult to internally rile an INTP than at least xNFx, and likely any type. Speaking in general.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
What is the most stable type acording to you? (having the less high and down). Is this type dependent according to you?

And : I still didn't figure out how to put a poll into a thread... Can someone explain?

Warning I have not read the thread merely responding to the OP.

I can't even begin to define what emotionally stable is...

Less high and down I understand but emotional states are relative and highly subjective, what appears to one as normal appears to another as a down. I know some people who would say they have no ups and downs, from where I sit they actually look like the are perpetually in a rut and down.

While many friends will laugh at this, I am extremely emotionally stable. In that my emotions never fail to be there, regular as clockwork, you can guarantee that I WILL be having them, lol.

As for up and down, if it becomes normal to be on a perpetual roller coaster then someone has a problem, but to be on a perpetual plain, with no ups and downs is also unhealthy, by most clinical psychological standards.

As for type, no type is more emotionally stable than another. As stability, like emotion itself, is a subjective concept that isn't open to objective definition. A fair comparsion is impossible.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
But I know from mucho grande experience with myself and others that it's more difficult to internally rile an INTP than at least xNFx, and likely any type. Speaking in general.

Right, agreed. But you probably also know from experience that sometimes the quiet seething we do that we hide from everyone (sometimes ourselves) is not something that can be called stable.

In my experience, some of what looked like brave emotional stability was actually me starting to literally go insane inside. I looked pretty damn stable and happy but I was crumbling underneath the surface.

I just really hate watching INTPs convince themselves that their quiet repressive ways are better than others. It completely stalls personal development.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Sure, sure, I suppose all that's true for some INTPs. It just takes a lot to get me pissed or excited. This isn't really intentional, it's just the way it is. And again, I didn't say stable is better.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Sure, sure, I suppose all that's true for some INTPs. It just takes a lot to get me pissed or excited. This isn't really intentional, it's just the way it is. And again, I didn't say stable is better.

So you're trying to define stable as "even tempered" whereas I'm more comfortable defining stable as - not easily thrown into insanity. We have to be careful not to use a definition that weighted toward certain types.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
According to the OP even-tempered is the operating definition of the day...unless I've gone completely bonkers. And if we used a definition which was immune to type-relation, we wouldn't have ourselves much of a thread.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
stable - Definitions from Dictionary.com
1. not likely to fall or give way, as a structure, support, foundation, etc.; firm; steady.
2. able or likely to continue or last; firmly established; enduring or permanent: a stable government.
3. resistant to sudden change or deterioration: A stable economy is the aim of every government.
4. steadfast; not wavering or changeable, as in character or purpose; dependable.

If you're not easily riled, excited or swayed, then you are stable, for better or for worse, regardless of the means by which you maintain the stability.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
According to the OP even-tempered is the operating definition of the day...unless I've gone completely bonkers. And if we used a definition which was immune to type-relation, we wouldn't have ourselves much of a thread.

Oh, ok, I didn't read the brackets. Less ups and downs, excuse my mistake. An unhealthy INTP is definitely the type who is the most "emotionally stable" as defined by the OP then! :)

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Pardon me, did you just call me unhealthy?

Haha. No. Not unless you think you're unshakable. I do think unshakable, though appealing at times, is probably unhealthy.