Enneagram

INTP are stable ? I hold that and raise for 500 xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    Actually, no. I consider myself very emotionally stable. Granted, I have lots of emotions and sometimes feel 2 or 3 different ways about the same thing. But I don't take it out on anyone else, I'm not a basket case, I can clearly articulate how and why I am feeling such n such way.

From what you have posted you do not sound emotionally unstable either. It's ok to think of witty comebacks you should have said in a debate. It's another story altogether to go crying and throwing things at the person you debated

well true enough, i don't take it out on anyone else. i just sort of keep it all inside. dad describes me as a time bomb for this reason though. that's no good. i guess when people asked for an 'emotionally stable' type, i was thinking more in terms of what emotions they feel inside rather than how they show it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i can at least speak for myself right? ENFP's are not emotionally stable . we let things get to us way too easily, eve when we know we shouldn't. for example, if i'm in a discussion/debate and someone manages to outdo me in my logic, i tell myself that he's just arguing the case, it's nothing personal. however, then i ask myself why my logic could not be any better in that case, and i think about all the comebacks i could have said and it makes me feel kinda shite. :P there HAS to be more emotionally stable groups than us .

ISTP's seem to be a very stable group. i really haven't seen an ISTP get pissed off over much. even at their most animated/emotional they seem completely calm and rational.
    What you describes has nothing to do with emotionnal stability, the way I described it.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'd say ISTJ. The ISTJ's I know can be phenomenally emotionally 'stable' even in a crisis. I get the feeling with most ISTJ's it is genuinely that they don't feel particularly emotional about things, rather than them unhealthily suppressing emotions. (Incidentally, I am not saying ISTJ's are unfeeling. One particular ISTJ I have in mind is empathetic and caring when someone is upset, yet never demonstrates any emotion of his own.) Hm, actually, now I've said that, one thing I have seen ISTJ's express is anger. Propensity towards anger isn't really the sign of an emotionally stable person. I'm going to keep thinking bout this..

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    What you describes has nothing to do with emotionnal stability, the way I described it.
    how so? highs and lows? i have those all the time.

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    well true enough, i don't take it out on anyone else. i just sort of keep it all inside. dad describes me as a time bomb for this reason though. that's no good. i guess when people asked for an 'emotionally stable' type, i was thinking more in terms of what emotions they feel inside rather than how they show it.
    I think everyone goes through a range of emotions inside. There is nothing wrong with that.

As an ENFP I experience my emotions rather raw as well and a whole lot of them. I think that I am more apt to be able to deal with my emotions rather than explode on the outside world because of it.

Just because you feel things doesn't make you unstable.

My dad (INTP) once told me that I have "issues" but in a "good way." Whatever that means, LOL.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    I think everyone goes through a range of emotions inside. There is nothing wrong with that.

As an ENFP I experience my emotions rather raw as well and a whole lot of them. I think that I am more apt to be able to deal with my emotions rather than explode on the outside world because of it.

Just because you feel things doesn't make you unstable.

My dad (INTP) once told me that I have "issues" but in a "good way." Whatever that means, LOL.
    funny that, when it comes to emotions my INTP dad just says i have issues full stop . thanks for the support and thanks for the hug, though i have to say that looking at your DP, i am a bit scared now

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Probably anyone with an E because they easily express their emotions without keeping them in. They are usually more comfortable with themselves than the introvert.

The introvert may appear to be emotionally stable, but they really aren't because they are holding back. That is, unless they are completely ok with that...

man... lol it depends
    i'm going to say ENFJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by HomeSlice View Post
    Probably anyone with an E because they easily express their emotions without keeping them in. They are usually more comfortable with themselves than the introvert.

The introvert may appear to be emotionally stable, but they really aren't because they are holding back. That is, unless they are completely ok with that...

man... lol it depends
    i'm going to say ENFJ
    I think the definitions of emotional stability are different from type to type, I'm seeing a pattern.

I do not have many high and lows. However, if I get a strong feeling, it does come out, but I get over it, privately, within a short period. Then I just get a hold of myself, refocus, and am harmonious again. Internal harmony between Mind, Body, and Spirit (emotion) is key for me.

I also don't think I put myself in positions that cause too many emotional issues to begin with (I detest drama and actually will scowl at people who attempt to bring me into it). So I guess that helps the stability.

Now I do know from experience, that when you fall into depression as an INTJ, you can break down pretty easy because you think you are flawed. I went through a period where everything went wrong at the same time, and it crushed me. However, when I moved on I got into the complete opposite, healed up, and now am at probably the height of personality(INTJ) health I have ever been in my life, and plan to keep it that way.

I like it because I can handle anything. Heck, the apocalypse can come even.