MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I agree.

The ISTJs I know are barely human, when it comes to emotions. They repress them with such a strength it's often disturbing to be too much in contact with them.
    Repressed emotions and emotional stability are two very different things.

On one hand you have the guy who feels something but won't admit he feels it, for whatever reason he refuses to. On the other hand you have someone who feels and allows himself to feel it, because he's aware that there's a reason it's there to begin with, to be expierenced and felt. One of them actually moved with that feeling, how far he decides to go with that feeling defines how stable he is, but still even if he does go to far he's still in a better place emotionally then the guy who didn't decide to move at all.

Please someone get this.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into another T vs. F thread.

Please define emotional stability. Are you talking about being comfortable with one's own emotions and/or being comfortable with the emotions of others? Are you talking about internal emotional stability? Are you talking about being emotionally disengaged with others hence giving the impression of being stable?
    It's done. I said, it means here : experiencing the less high and downs, the less lunatic, depressed and so on....

Why someone put 2 stars? So silly! The thread interests people...

I bet, it's an INTP!

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    ENFPs are calm?!?

Calm and stable is not the same. Any combination between calm/excited, stable/unstable is possible.
    You can be calm and being often down, and the contrary

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENFPs are stable?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Definitely not me!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Why is this in the NT section?

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Repressed emotions and emotional stability are two very different things.

On one hand you have the guy who feels something but won't admit he feels it, for whatever reason he refuses to. On the other hand you have someone who feels and allows himself to feel it, because he's aware that there's a reason it's there to begin with, to be expierenced and felt. One of them actually moved with that feeling, how far he decides to go with that feeling defines how stable he is, but still even if he does go to far he's still in a better place emotionally then the guy who didn't decide to move at all.

Please someone get this.
    I think everyone experience emotions, regardless of type and ways to deal with emotion, there are going to be times that an emotion is completely overwhelming to a person and they are not going to be able to handle previous functions to control or rein back those emotions.

In the case of your first guy, he is so used to repressing and not dealing or sorting out his emotions...he is more likely to have a stronger physical reaction to an overwhelming emotion. And to be seen as emotionally unstable.

The second guy may not be able to handle it as he normally does, but will still have more coping skills and previous experience to figure it out. He is less likely to be seen as emotionally unstable.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP

Emotional stability in my opinion is developed as we learn to accept our emotions as a natural part of our humanness and stop trying to battle them.

I think it has less to do with type and more to do with a conscious choice that individuals need to become aware of in order to develop and mature.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmmm...

I don't dare vote yet until BlueWing makes his analysis.

That's a hard question because I keep thinking of Naomi Quenck's book "Beside Ourselves" and I keep thinking that even if a type is normally stable, when they lose they're cool, they might not be that stable.

Who's boat is the hardest to rock,
    and once you do rock it,
    who gets moved the least?

Just off the top, I'd say ISTJ is a great candidate for that.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i can at least speak for myself right? ENFP's are not emotionally stable . we let things get to us way too easily, eve when we know we shouldn't. for example, if i'm in a discussion/debate and someone manages to outdo me in my logic, i tell myself that he's just arguing the case, it's nothing personal. however, then i ask myself why my logic could not be any better in that case, and i think about all the comebacks i could have said and it makes me feel kinda shite. :P there HAS to be more emotionally stable groups than us .

ISTP's seem to be a very stable group. i really haven't seen an ISTP get pissed off over much. even at their most animated/emotional they seem completely calm and rational.

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i can at least speak for myself right? ENFP's are not emotionally stable . we let things get to us way too easily, eve when we know we shouldn't. for example, if i'm in a discussion/debate and someone manages to outdo me in my logic, i tell myself that he's just arguing the case, it's nothing personal. however, then i ask myself why my logic could not be any better in that case, and i think about all the comebacks i could have said and it makes me feel kinda shite. :P there HAS to be more emotionally stable groups than us .

ISTP's seem to be a very stable group. i really haven't seen an ISTP get pissed off over much. even at their most animated/emotional they seem completely calm and rational.

Actually, no. I consider myself very emotionally stable. Granted, I have lots of emotions and sometimes feel 2 or 3 different ways about the same thing. But I don't take it out on anyone else, I'm not a basket case, I can clearly articulate how and why I am feeling such n such way.

From what you have posted you do not sound emotionally unstable either. It's ok to think of witty comebacks you should have said in a debate. It's another story altogether to go crying and throwing things at the person you debated
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips