• INTJ

31 23.48%
  • INTP

30 22.73%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If you define it as "less highs" up and down, I would probably say INTP is up there.
    Even when they dip and flip around, they aren't often aware of it.
    Otherwise, they're treating their emotions like objects to be understood, not feelings to be experienced. That's why the inferior explosions are so bad.
    that''s fi or fe?
    That's pretty much how I work. Im very little experiencing high and downs. So it might not be type dependant.

MBTI
    INTJ

Interesting topic coming from an ENFP. I agree they can be stable, but I think they displace at times. An example is once I tried to calmly discuss something about something that concerned me I was seeing, and wanted to "stop" it before it happened. Plus, on the opposite side, it made me realize with my absurd open mindedness that she needs to let me know if I will ever cross a line in return, as I hate either being misunderstood or offending someone. Another thing IMO to be made clear before I cross the Rubicon. I will admit I can take being misunderstood a tad personally being what I think and communicate sometimes don't match up, but usually it is about clarifying it so a person understands and doesn't get offended. My one counter to my arrogant INTJness that happens unintentionally.

Basically in the end was told I was taking things way to personally and she was sorry about that And here I was afraid I would offend her with my directness.

After that statement, anecdotal evidence says the opposite about the ENFP in question, and they do take things personally, but just hide it for whatever reason. Oh well, I say give them a week or two to recover on their own, and if they don't, yeah...

MBTI
    INFP

You have to have emotions to be emotionally stable. INTPs may seem emotionally stable because little summons their emotions, but what about when they are emotional? Is their ability to regulate their emotions really greater than a Feeling type?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have to say that the ISTJs I've seen are very calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I have to say that the ISTJs I've seen are very calm.
    True. But wait until you get one very angry!

Then you will see that they are indeed not very "calm"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Emotionally stable? That's boring.

Nahhh, just kidding - trying to get a rise outta ya.

Hmm, on a more serious note - I wouldn't have the foggiest idea. I think each type could be stable but it depends on the psychological state of the person involved.

That sounds like such a half-ass answer but I really think that's the key...

What do you all think?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Enneagram
    1w2

I hope this doesn't turn into another T vs. F thread.

Please define emotional stability. Are you talking about being comfortable with one's own emotions and/or being comfortable with the emotions of others? Are you talking about internal emotional stability? Are you talking about being emotionally disengaged with others hence giving the impression of being stable?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    True. But wait until you get one very angry!
    But since we're already stereotyping, isn't the ISTJ the ultimate robot type?

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into another T vs. F thread.

Please define emotional stability. Are you talking about being comfortable with one's own emotions and/or being comfortable with the emotions of others? Are you talking about internal emotional stability? Are you talking about being emotionally disengaged with others hence giving the impression of being stable?
    I think it's going to be more S vs. N. It seems that N's will automatically be more calm than S's...since, of course, N's are better in every way. :rolli:

ENFPs are calm?!?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

But since we're already stereotyping, isn't the ISTJ the ultimate robot type?
    I agree.

The ISTJs I know are barely human, when it comes to emotions. They repress them with such a strength it's often disturbing to be too much in contact with them.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

ENFPs are calm?!?
    They are?!?!?!

Okay, that settles it - now I know I'm not ENFP!!!

I mean does

<----this kitty

look calm to you????
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.