• INTJ

31 23.48%
  • INTP

30 22.73%
First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Emotional stability would firstly depend upon how you define emotion and how you define stable. As has been established in many conversations though INTJs are very analytical (sometimes even leaving the whole "ytical" out completely) their results are still based on emotional bias and when called on it they can get quite irate. Such big red buttons I see as a sign of not being stable.

Now if we move towards stability being "less reactive to stressers" then again it depends upon what is stressing them. I've seen people who are laid back (supposedly) who get quite shirty about little things and people who are known to be hot heads remain calm. It's very dependent upon how much they care and how prepared they are.

I know that certain types leave themselves open to stress like ESTJs, ENFPs and so on but for a type immune to stress.. I don't think there is one. This whole stability thing is totally dependent upon definition, parameters and how much you read into things.

I just don't see it as a link which can be made to type any more than it can be made to circumstance, demeanour, enneagram, diet or any number of things. Emotional stability - type is a fad diet.
    Good points.
    I agree with you that these terms need to be defined.
    It never fails that in opinion threads like these, it doesn't take long before it becomes evident that every person has their own working definitions,
    which don't appear to provide a cohesive basis for the discussion.

But judging by the name of this thread,
    I would think there has already been a poll on the most emotionally un-stable type,
    and it doesn't appear to be that scientific.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I can't believe someone voted for ENFP... This poll has lost all credibility for me. It's incredible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Good points.
    I agree with you that these terms need to be defined.
    It never fails that in opinion threads like these, it doesn't take long before it becomes evident that every person has their own working definitions,
    which don't appear to provide a cohesive basis for the discussion.

But judging by the name of this thread,
    I would think there has already been a poll on the most emotionally un-stable type,
    and it doesn't appear to be that scientific.
    My vote is for 9s but that's not an option.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I can't believe someone voted for ENFP... This poll has lost all credibility for me. It's incredible.
    Now that depends, if you define stability as a lack of abnormal emotional behaviour then the enfp wins hands down; We're normally rollercoastering up and down like yoyo's, thus that would stable!! In fact for an enfp to go extrememly quiet normally means something is very very very wrong...

(I didn't vote for any type before you think it was me!)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Now that depends, if you define stability as a lack of abnormal emotional behaviour then the enfp wins hands down; We're normally rollercoastering up and down like yoyo's, thus that would stable!! In fact for an enfp to go extrememly quiet normally means something is very very very wrong...

(I didn't vote for any type before you think it was me!)
    Yes, all correct, hence emotionally unstable. ENFP=Fire/Water/Monster Truck; INTP=stone.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

INTPs.

Definitely not ISTJs. Have you seen an ISTJ react to disorganized *anything*, or a mess of some sort? Not pretty. And ISTJs do get mad if their plans get f*cked up, true! Haha. They just snap at you and get angry. It varies, and can be a silent, glaring kind of angry, or full-blown tirades at your incompetence.

I don't get why people think ISTJs are solid during high-pressure situations.
    I may appear to be remain calm during high-pressure situations, but I'm actually a wreck. The only reason I can act, and not freak out during those kinds of emergencies is because I'm thinking of how to get out of that kind of bad situation. I guess ISTJs are just grounded to perform well.

But I am anything but emotionally stable. It takes me a long time to get used to the idea of change, unlike those cool, chill, go-with-the flow, Zen NTPs.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

To narrow it down, I think the most emotionally stable types are INTJ/ISTJ/INTP/ISTP.

What it means to be 'stable' for a given type is that they are less susceptible to emotional fluxuation. Emotions can become highly stressed when a lot of pressure is placed on them - especially when one has an extraverted relationship with the world. Thus, an 'IT', who naturally places less value on emotions than an 'F' and what is going on in the external world to which one has limited control over, is going to be comparatively more emotionally stable on a day to day basis.

I myself am an INTJ and my ex-girlfriend had even gone as far as to call me an alexithymic on a few occasions - not that she was any Miss. Affectionate herself.

One more thing. I was just looking at the results and I noticed ENFP got a few votes. That there are people out there who think that ENFPs are the most emotionally stable type truly baffles me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Why are the INTJs winning do you think (apart from the fact that they always do)?
    Because so many people have it in their head that any N type is Superman and flawless in every way. Statistically speaking, imaginative people tend to be more neurotic.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    But I am anything but emotionally stable. It takes me a long time to get used to the idea of change, unlike those cool, chill, go-with-the flow, Zen NTPs.
    Change and INTPs? That isn't as smooth and easy as they let you think it is! It terrifies some of them! (all of the ones I know)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Change and INTPs? That isn't as smooth and easy as they let you think it is! It terrifies some of them! (all of the ones I know)
    It's probably your proposed change which terrifies them. I'm totally serious. It's easy to get an INTP behind a change they approve of.