• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] How many INTJs do you know and what are their similarities and differences?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What distinguishes the differences and similarities to the INTJs you know about in real life?

Jaguar

Based on what? My assessment, their assessment, an "official" source like taking the MBTI, or what? (Never mind the fact you can score differently upon taking the MBTI at different times.) Can one prove or disprove a person is INTJ? If so, how? What if I were to meet INTJ123 and uumlau in person. Would they appear similar to me? To you? I don't know. *laughs*

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on what? My assessment, their assessment, an "official" source like taking the MBTI, or what? (Never mind the fact you can score differently upon taking the MBTI at different times.) Can one prove or disprove a person is INTJ? If so, how? What if I were to meet INTJ123 and uumlau in person. Would they appear similar to me? To you? I don't know. *laughs*
Ah, it was a bit light of a question. Just the people one considers to be an INTJ in their lives by thinking it possible. I didn't mean for it to be analytically meticulous.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What distinguishes the differences and similarities to the INTJs you know about in real life?

I have known/met a bunch of them at work. One guy is serious, critical and very deep technically. I have known several older ones who are executives. They tend to be somewhat calm in demeanor. I met the CEO of a company last week that I'm pretty sure is an INTJ. One thing I noticed is that many of them tend to read a lot to keep up to date on things in their profession, with a curiosity to learn about connected/related things. There was an INTJ that I interviewed last week who is a thought leader and incredibly insightful. As to how they are different, I think if you look at different Enneagram types, that provides a lot of variation.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know 6 of them. 5 are around my age (20 somethings) and one is older. 5 are guys, one is a girl. They're all very observant, it's easy to underestimate how much they can piece together, a lot of times they'll say something astounding out of nowhere. They all are incredibly smart and have a ton of different interests. They're all on the reserved side but incredibly polite to strangers. They have a great sense of humor and are basically my favorite people to talk to ever because instead of thinking my ideas are crazy, they come up with a crazier one. Except for the girl, they are very into strategy video games and each one of them has their own well developed plan to take over the world. They don't open up easily but when they decide they trust you, they're very open. As far as differences go, I've mostly seen differences in how outgoing they are, and in how humble or not so humble they are.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a pretty small circle of close acquaintances, and only one of them I'm able to confirm is INTJ. I'll list what he has in common with me (apart from also being in his mid-late twenties).

He's fairly genderqueer, bisexual, has a sex positive/ethical hedonist/polyamorist outlook (although he pursues a lot more sex than I do), and has a very rational approach to his emotions and social life.

He tends to be attracted to anyone he likes enough to be close friends with, because he is very selective about his friends, and he's extremely honest and straightforward, and careful to communicate clearly and assure mutual understanding. He has no patience with people who are dishonest or irresponsible.

He's very reserved except with his closest friends, around whom he appears positively extroverted and very affectionate.

He's systematic, organised and opinionated, and more likely to give someone advice when they're in a bad situation than to just console them.

He's very reasonable and I've never seen him look angry. He's good at talking out disputes without getting emotional.

He's particularly self-aware and self-analytical, especially about his emotions and needs.

He surrounds himself with INTs, and to a lesser extent ISTs.

And the above post reminded me, he loves games of skill and strategy, especially games that require long-term planning and outwitting your opponents. He's gotten me into a lot of board games in this category.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My whole life I have come to know one INTJ. I made a similar post about him in another thread, but our friendship was interesting, so it's worthy of being mentioned a second time. Here's how things were:

I had an INTJ-A friend on higschool. We got along very well. We used to talk about extremely exciting things like how the Soviet Union could have taken over the world, how Napoleon could have won Waterloo, why the government should perform experiments on the homeless, and to what extent nationalism is good. "Normal" people would call us psychos. Whilst they were partially correct in stating so, I never regret meeting that guy.

So yeah. I wish I knew more people like him.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're all very observant, it's easy to underestimate how much they can piece together, a lot of times they'll say something astounding out of nowhere.

I'm curious about the "observant" comment. I have had people tell me this before - that I am observant. I recall in college my ESTP roommate put a 6 foot high plant in our dorm room and asked me if I noticed anything different. For the life of me, I could not figure it out. I don't necessarily notice things in my surroundings. I do notice how people might be behaving however and am very sensitive to others reactions, facial expressions, body language, etc. What do you mean when you say we are observant?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They are all snarky and condescending until you put your foot down and tell them you wouldn't take their shit in the future.

And the way they smile. They have a pursed smile and it they are struggling hard to keep it in.

They are all intelligent and most of all they are competent. Competent is the best word I would say to describe them more so than intelligence. Socially however, not so much. But of course as they mature they become quite good at it.

I know 4 INTJs (to whom I gave test just to confirm) and all of them have the above qualities. Except one, one of them is not condescending; he's just a little bit snarky.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I recall in college my ESTP roommate put a 6 foot high plant in our dorm room and asked me if I noticed anything different.

:laugh: This is uncannily similar to an experience I had when I was at a friend's house. They put the large house plant in the middle of the living room, and I just walked around it. Didn't notice anything until they told me. I still laugh about it.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have known/met a bunch of them at work. One guy is serious, critical and very deep technically. I have known several older ones who are executives. They tend to be somewhat calm in demeanor. I met the CEO of a company last week that I'm pretty sure is an INTJ. One thing I noticed is that many of them tend to read a lot to keep up to date on things in their profession, with a curiosity to learn about connected/related things. There was an INTJ that I interviewed last week who is a thought leader and incredibly insightful. As to how they are different, I think if you look at different Enneagram types, that provides a lot of variation.

what industry?

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've worked with at least 2. Freaaakkiiing awsssummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. One was the most chillax INTJ ever, seemed like a very nice guy too. The other one seemed more standard INTJ. Like me. God, I would love to blow myself.

á´…eparted

passages
I actually haven't gotten to know all that many over the years. Sure I have met quite a few, but compared to other types it isn't too frequent. Largely because they generally don't have qualities I am drawn to for friendships. I've been quite close with a few a long time ago though.

One thing that is consistent is an even-keeled presentation and a "say little but say with meaning" attitude.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
some :shrug:

i don't really type people irl often and if i do i often don't remember their types unless i like them a bunch, and though i like or am neutral to most people i only like maybe 5 a whole bunch if that.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious about the "observant" comment. I have had people tell me this before - that I am observant. I recall in college my ESTP roommate put a 6 foot high plant in our dorm room and asked me if I noticed anything different. For the life of me, I could not figure it out. I don't necessarily notice things in my surroundings. I do notice how people might be behaving however and am very sensitive to others reactions, facial expressions, body language, etc. What do you mean when you say we are observant?

INTJs have built-in anomaly detectors which pick up subtle differences often missed by others.
Secondly, the "mind palace" as it were -- once you start an INTJ's Ni going, it's like pulling a string on an unraveled sweater: more and more comes out. And the Ni often draws on seemingly random insignificant details to make its case, lending an air of quite all-knowing observance to the INTJ pontificating.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean basically exactly what you said. :) Very observant of the intangible. They know when something is up with someone, they notice patterns in the tone or body language of a person etc. They pick up on subtle things but sometimes miss the obvious like your plant story lol.

Giant mole

MBTI Type
INTJ
Disclaimer: I'm very new to MBTI, so this is based on only a few days' worth of research. From what I've seen so far, INTJs have a distinct writing style. I always try to make sure every word and every sentence has a specific purpose. Any extraneous words will be removed. One reason is that I don't want to waste the reader's time. Another reason is that it increases the concentration of content, making it easier to understand the core ideas I want to convey. I also try to use the simplest possible words, because sometimes the concepts are hard enough without distracting jargon. If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. That said, there is a big difference between the right word and the almost right word. Finally, especially verbally, I try to talk about at most one concept or one logical step per sentence. This again increases clarity. I usually find it hard to understand lectures unless the lecturer talks in this way. As I often get the compliment that I can explain things well, it seems to work on other people too.

Can any INTJs here relate to this?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disclaimer: I'm very new to MBTI, so this is based on only a few days' worth of research. From what I've seen so far, INTJs have a distinct writing style. I always try to make sure every word and every sentence has a specific purpose. Any extraneous words will be removed. One reason is that I don't want to waste the reader's time. Another reason is that it increases the concentration of content, making it easier to understand the core ideas I want to convey. I also try to use the simplest possible words, because sometimes the concepts are hard enough without distracting jargon. If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. That said, there is a big difference between the right word and the almost right word. Finally, especially verbally, I try to talk about at most one concept or one logical step per sentence. This again increases clarity. I usually find it hard to understand lectures unless the lecturer talks in this way. As I often get the compliment that I can explain things well, it seems to work on other people too.

Can any INTJs here relate to this?

Hey [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] you have a brother.

Well I'm no INTJ but I think Ne types are very well put for explaining things. I mean INTJ's can explain things well of course. Can very well be an INTP quality as well. And of course if an INFJ trains him or herself. Sure why not?

Also ESXP types are very straight to the point.