• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wouldn't say all otakus desire to be INTJ. Some of them can be so annoying and loud and and very extroverted. I'm thinking of all the debauchery that goes on at those conventions...

INTJ = type with highest social status among dweebs = greatest arrogance

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I agree people fudge the answers...its pretty obvious even with my short time here at MBTIC. Its no picnic being an INTJ unless you enjoy being exhausted without moving. I honestly would rather not be one...its more of a curse than a blessing. Its nice to be able to "cruise control" through what most people view as obstacles....until you find yourself at the foot of a mountain. Thats when the "fun" begins....

I just read the initial post again......INTJ impostors in a social setting. Has more to do with "generation narcissism" and the lovely internet IMO. They may appear INTJ's until a problem needs to be solved....or you talk critically with them.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Through my travels, experiences and what not, I have seen many a man and woman putting off the Image of an INTJ. I do not know if it is because Intj’s are “cool” or “badass” or because society demands people to be colder nowadays…I was wondering whether or not I was the only who has pondered this.

I've noticed it... I think the INTJ archetype is appealing to young Introverted people who feel like they know a lot more than their elders. That's why so many people who are on MBTI forums get into logic and just start acting like they're proponents of intelligence and truth, get sucked into the New Age stuff.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've noticed it... I think the INTJ archetype is appealing to young Introverted people who feel like they know a lot more than their elders. That's why so many people who are on MBTI forums get into logic and just start acting like they're proponents of intelligence and truth, get sucked into the New Age stuff.

So that means, the eNTp title would be appropiate for young extroverted boys who wants to get laied ?

Damn, I choosed the right one *kisses his dice* xD

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Through my travels, experiences and what not, I have seen many a man and woman putting off the Image of an INTJ. I do not know if it is because Intj’s are “cool” or “badass” or because society demands people to be colder nowadays…I was wondering whether or not I was the only who has pondered this.

Not all INTJ's are "cold" or "badass". In fact a lot aren't. We are just eccentric to our own planning. I think you and these folks you are meeting are not INTJ's nor understand what one is.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I pretend I'm not an INTJ.

It doesn't help much though.

Hmm...

I don't think many people pretend to be INTJs, they just pretend to be cold and bad ass.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs tend to be very private types and therefore tend to hate people because they are nosy.

If you are referring to this whole world domination thing, then I can assure you that that whole act is incredibly boring. In reality, INTJs are likely too shy to assert themselves in such a way.

Also, INTJs often act in a macho way to compensate for their underdeveloped Se, which compels one to act on physical impulses. Or they may obsess over a the thoughts and fantasies of doing something rather than actually doing, also Ni compensating for the limited access of Se.

I don't know that there is much "pretending" to be an INTJ, I'm inclined to think being cold and distant assholes is just the way we are. And who says there's anything wrong with that?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I do !

Just gimme a second and I come up with, why I do

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
INTJ's aren't cool or badass, they're dweebs. Quite the opposite.

Maybe there are some nerd posers out there, people putting off then nerd image but without having the smarts and hobbies nerds typically have so they can fit into the subculture.

sure, i can agree with that. i'm just saying that's what the thread maker is referring to.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well I got nothing

let us be machos

cheers

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't think many people pretend to be INTJs, they just pretend to be cold and bad ass.

This sounds about right.

Why do people assume that INTJs are cold and badass? I blame projection. All that quiet and privacy lets people imagine as they please.

Dominicus Griswold

Not all INTJ's are "cold" or "badass". In fact a lot aren't. We are just eccentric to our own planning. I think you and these folks you are meeting are not INTJ's nor understand what one is.

What evidence do you have that I am not Intj? none at all, and If you can read, It would be obvious that I do not think the people I meet are Inj's (seeing as already stated that they we not). You should mind what I say before you attempt to shred it..dumbass.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
This sounds about right.

Why do people assume that INTJs are cold and badass? I blame projection. All that quiet and privacy lets people imagine as they please.

"most independent type"

"mastermind"

"will take lead if necessary but generally doesn't care enough"

"analyzes and judges the world from afar"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What evidence do you have that I am not Intj? none at all, and If you can read, It would be obvious that I do not think the people I meet are Inj's (seeing as already stated that they we not). You should mind what I say before you attempt to shred it..dumbass.

ohohoh, no bad words or you will be locked in the basement !

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ

Just intuition, and you are pretty defensive over it. Still, I apologize if you are offended.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It starts... :doh:

I'd rather be there for one than actually be one.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
"most independent type"

"mastermind"

"will take lead if necessary but generally doesn't care enough"

"analyzes and judges the world from afar"

These may sound like coldness and badassery, but really these are just the dressings and have little to do with the two traits.

They could just as easily apply to an übernerd or even someone like Holden Caufield.