• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT: Opinion on Smoking?

What's your view on smoking?

• I personally smoke

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • I don't personally smoke; I feel indifferent when others smoke

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Smokers are either really stupid or really self-conscious and think they need to look cool

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
1. I personally smoke
2. I don't personally smoke; it doesn't bother me when others do, though
3. Smokers are either really stupid or really unsure of themselves and do it to look cool

I don't smoke;

I don't like smokers in general... however, it doesn't bother me significantly until it's in a confined space with a lot of smokers. That is to say that if given a choice of going out to a smoking/non-smoking place, I would rather go alone to a non-smoking place than with a smoking friend to a smoking place. Likewise, I would rather spend time with the non-smoker in a situation where the smoker would be smoking.

I think smokers are irrational... But I think we all are to some degree. That's just an observation and doesn't carry over to other parts of their character.

I didn't vote because none really reflect how I feel.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
What do NTs think about smoking?

that whether or not you do and how you feel about it when others do has nothing to do with MBTI.

so, basically, my answer is a question, why are you asking NTs specifically?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
that whether or not you do and how you feel about it when others do has nothing to do with MBTI.

so, basically, my answer is a question, why are you asking NTs specifically?

I wouldn't agree with this entirely - there are different views on things that tend to correlate to MBTI/other models. They can be social, political or economic... I'd be curious how other NTs view smoking, for example, because I've heard both sides of the argument from a lot of people... and there does seem to be some connection to the T part at the very least.

(The NT and S/N component I'm not sure of.)

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The third response, technically, doesn't distinguish between smokers and non-smokers. And it might read "thought at one time that they looked cool."

If there is anything to introverted feeling's catalyzing a visceral reaction, it's been in my response to smoking since about age three. The habit disgusts me, and I've worked hard to sublimate, into acknowledgment of the addictive properties of nicotine, the cross between contempt and lurid fascination I used to feel for smokers.

Frankly, smokers are rarer these days. I know one definite INTP who is a smoker; another who claimed to be an INTP but in hindsight could have been an ISTP or INFP. Both, last time I checked, were simply resigned to the practice.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's annoying, it smells bad...if people want to do it, well, whatever.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I don't smoke, don't care too much unless it's right around me and forces me to smell it/breathe it in.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't smoke, but I don't care if you do. It's not like you're gonna live forever. ;)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted the last option because I hate people smoking around me and I think smoking is a stupid, disgusting, and often inconsiderate thing to do.

But I have to clarify that I don't think smokers are dumb or shallow or self-conscious, just unwise. And everyone's unwise in some areas.

And I don't particularly care if people I don't care about want to smoke somewhere where I can't smell the smoke. Ehh maybe I should've voted option 2. Too late.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
None of the options are applicable to me. Next.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Protest.

Impersonally, I'm not sure of any real benefit to smoking besides enjoying the taste/experience.

Personally, I have mild asthma; my father always used to smoke around me all the time as a kid despite my protests; and I can still smell someone light up in the space of a few seconds across a crowded restaurant (i.e., I find the smell annoying and intrusive, because everyone nearby is basically smoking your cigarette along with you)... but I do not see smokers as being particularly stupid or needing to look cool.

So a no vote here.