User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Ha, yeah... well I was just thinking earlier that on the rare occasions that I am totally determined to have my way then pretty much nothing gets in my way, and the fact that I can usually point to an enormous back-list of times in just the recent past alone, when I've let another person completely have their way and just adapted to the situation, means it doesn't matter how much the other person stamps their foot or cries or what it means to them to have their way this time, I'm damn well having mine

I think this way I've tended to pretty much have my way every time in my life that it's ever mattered to me. And the fact that usually I don't even have an agenda or preference has tended to be what's made me laid back and easy going, but that's often been mistaken for me being a pushover, so people have been shocked with how inflexible I can be when something actually does matter.

Sometimes though I give way, thinking things don't matter when in fact they do and I shouldn't, and it's only with hindsight that I see I was too easy going and maybe I should've had an agenda and stuck to it, but I didn't and because of that I've often found myself a bit trapped. But then it comes full circle again because once I realize I'm trapped it really MATTERS to get out, so I will and to hell with anything else.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah well, basically ENPs are laid-back, more so than ESFP you think for example?

I feel like I spend my time compromising...

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    yeah ENxP's are generally easy going BUT in actual fact i think we're notoriously unwilling to compromise when it comes to anything we feel matters.

I can easily let plans for the day go to pot if someone else has other ideas, but sometimes when it comes to one of those famous 'matters of principle' I can be as inflexible as the worst J.

I don't tend to like compromising much anyway. To me, compromise means nobody gets what they want. I'd rather SOMEONE got their way, even if it's not me. My version of compromise tends to be to either give in, or not give in. But there isn't much the other person can do to influence which way I decide.

I've noticed my ENFP brother can be much the same way.
    "compromise": what losers say to explain what happened.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Oberon

I am way flexible about most stuff, but there's a quid pro quo. I've told people before when they were getting pushy, "Everything's negotiable. We can do that your way if you like; but what are you willing to give me in return?"

Prevents doormat syndrome.

MBTI
    INFJ

I see ISTP. Sooooooooooo easy going, not even funny, more like irritating.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I am way flexible about most stuff, but there's a quid pro quo. I've told people before when they were getting pushy, "Everything's negotiable. We can do that your way if you like; but what are you willing to give me in return?"
    Ha! Sounds like an ENTP I know. Although she is loose and very P at times, she worries about the end of the world when civlization is out of exsistence. So I can't say that ENTP is completely "loosy goosy".

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Ha, yeah... well I was just thinking earlier that on the rare occasions that I am totally determined to have my way then pretty much nothing gets in my way, and the fact that I can usually point to an enormous back-list of times in just the recent past alone, when I've let another person completely have their way and just adapted to the situation, means it doesn't matter how much the other person stamps their foot or cries or what it means to them to have their way this time, I'm damn well having mine

I think this way I've tended to pretty much have my way every time in my life that it's ever mattered to me. And the fact that usually I don't even have an agenda or preference has tended to be what's made me laid back and easy going, but that's often been mistaken for me being a pushover, so people have been shocked with how inflexible I can be when something actually does matter.
    Yeah the reason I am easy going is because I usually don't care much about anything. Every so often something will strike a chord, and then I become so adamant that I surprise myself. ("Why am I so wound up about this? I'm never like this.") When something actually is important though I HATE compromise of any kind. It has to be this way or no way. I'd rather they get their way than compromise. At least someone gets what they want. If the other person won't give either, then the best solution I've found to this is to negotiate, "You get your way this time, and I'll get my way next time I want it." Sometimes I just really need to have things exactly my way, and the slightest compromise won't cut it. :steam:
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrose View Post
    I suspect this thread would do well with an actual definition of "Easy-going"..
    Indeed.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    IJ types are actually quite laid back if you don't catch them when they're busy or have pressing demands.

However, most usually are busy or have pressing demands. Are you sure you're not constantly interrupting this poor INTJ?
    Why yes, he usually has pressing demands, but I'm referring when we're working together for a common goal. Anything but laid-back.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

IxFx most easy going
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp