• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Are These Movie Characters INTJs?

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
Will Hunting in Good Will Hunting.

Jason Bourne in The Bourne Identity.

Will Hunting seems very INTJ to me but I haven't analyzed why. He just reminds me a lot of my husband. Certain characteristics: he's smart but hates intellectual bs, he's kind of rude even to the people who are trying the hardest to help him. In fact, he seems to have an extremely hard time accepting help or accepting that he could be loved. Of course, he is an orphan.

Jason Bourne seems very INTJ to me because he is so good at quick strategizing and thinking on his feet to outwit others and because he is so constantly alert.

(Is constant alertness an INTJ trait? It is a trait of my husband's. He can't go into a large, busy grocery store without noticing every single thing that another shopper does that is thoughtless. People who are annoying because they don't think about what they are doing are really pet peeves of his. Meanwhile, I walk around goal oriented and filtering out most annoyances, preoccupied with what I'm going to buy and what I'm going to cook with it. If I do notice something annoying, I'm quick to forget it. I think if somebody were to try to pick a fight with me, they'd have to be very obvious, because otherwise I'd probably just miss their signals, LOL.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think they're both ISTPs, particularly Bourne. I can't understand why people think he's an INTJ. For what it's worth, you've practically described an ISTP when describing Bourne. INTJs don't think quick on their feet and, in theory, are everything but alert to the present moment -- they are deliberate builders of more elaborate strategies.

This alertness that you speak of is more an ISTP trait. And this quick, in-the-moment strategic thinking on one's feet is more tactical than strategic. The ISTP is in it for the action, the INTJ is in it for the master plan.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
INTJ - HAL (2001)..."are you ever frustrated by your reliance on people"

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think they're both ISTPs, particularly Bourne. I can't understand why people think he's an INTJ. For what it's worth, you've practically described an ISTP when describing Bourne. INTJs don't think quick on their feet and, in theory, are everything but alert to the present moment -- they are deliberate builders of more elaborate strategies.

This alertness that you speak of is more an ISTP trait. And this quick, in-the-moment strategic thinking on one's feet is more tactical than strategic. The ISTP is in it for the action, the INTJ is in it for the master plan.

Not always true about INTJ's being quick on their feet. INTJ's exposed to the military become this way. They still like to take as much time as possible to think through things but what the military teaches you(indirectly) is to trust your intuition (and screw the T for a bit) and be decisive about it, which causes you to make strategies on the fly that are usually very, very good. I can attest to this personally.

Alertness though is something that can be done if the INTJ focuses on it. However it is still tough at times since you have to train it (but INTJ being a perfectionist can become very good at it). As for Jason Bourne, not sure on the INTJ part. ISTP is possible.

Remember though, by looking at Batman, that an INTJ can do very similar things.