User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What have you been playing with lately?
    The biggest thing that I've been playing with is the inclusion of reducibility in religion, and where an irreducible God fits within an inherently reducible universe.

And as sort of a novelty, I've been pondering teleportation trough the manipulation of quantum-probabilities.
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    The biggest thing that I've been playing with is the inclusion of reducibility in religion, and where an irreducible God fits within an inherently reducible universe.

And as sort of a novelty, I've been pondering teleportation trough the manipulation of quantum-probabilities.
    I don't think it'll work out. We can teleport photons, but an entire human body? The cellular sequencing involved is simply too massive. Too much data and memory required to put every molecule back as found. With each teleportation, one would become less and less like one's original self.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I don't think it'll work out. We can teleport photons, but an entire human body? The cellular sequencing involved is simply too massive. Too much data and memory required to put every molecule back as found. With each teleportation, one would become less and less like one's original self.
    Seems like a decent way to do things like remove tumors, and replace dying organs, no?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Seems like a decent way to do things like remove tumors, and replace dying organs, no?
    What? After accidentally teleporting your ear on your backside? Sure, why not!

No seriously, that IS a bandied-about "realistic" application. Removal of suppurated flesh/organs/tumors sounds applicable.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    NeTi

I could go into this with a bit more depth, but I won't. I will say, however, that your assumption that matter must first be rearranged and then reverted back into the original design is flawed under the method that I am considering. Under quantum theory, nothing is 100% set in stone. To say that you are reading this text would only be a very high probability, but there is a slight probability that you are somewhere else in the universe entirely (this slight probability is so slight that it might as well be insignificant). Now, if you were to examine a graph of all the quantum probabilities, you'd see a lot of minor spikes (or white noise), and a lot of major spikes (high probabilities of one's location in space, etc.). Teleportation could be achieved (at least in theory) by moving one highly-spiked area to a point of white noise, thereby changing the high probability of you being in your home to, say, being at the supermarket.

Of course, this is a very rudimentary explanation, and is far-fetched at the very least.
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    I could go into this with a bit more depth, but I won't. I will say, however, that your assumption that matter must first be rearranged and then reverted back into the original design is flawed under the method that I am considering. Under quantum theory, nothing is 100% set in stone. To say that you are reading this text would only be a very high probability, but there is a slight probability that you are somewhere else in the universe entirely (this slight probability is so slight that it might as well be insignificant). Now, if you were to examine a graph of all the quantum probabilities, you'd see a lot of minor spikes (or white noise), and a lot of major spikes (high probabilities of one's location in space, etc.). Teleportation could be achieved (at least in theory) by moving one highly-spiked area to a point of white noise, thereby changing the high probability of you being in your home to, say, being at the supermarket.
    An interesting explanation. I'll have to read further on the subject (Scientific American and Science only go but so far...). Physical incomprehensibility of the theory unfortunately remains. Theoretically, there is no fixed point in space to describe space. And yet a fixed point must be chosen to describe anything worthwhile, like the distance from one ridiculously far-flung black hole to some point of light lost in the deep field for purposes of measuring the radiation from some dying super nova that no longer emits eye-detectable wavelengths.

Teleport me to the supermarket right now. My brakes don't work.

Of course, this is a very rudimentary explanation, and is far-fetched at the very least.
    That sums up the Ne-primary playground.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What? After accidentally teleporting your ear on your backside? Sure, why not!

No seriously, that IS a bandied-about "realistic" application. Removal of suppurated flesh/organs/tumors sounds applicable.
    So whaddaya suggest?
    We make a gun we can just shoot the little fuckers with!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    So whaddaya suggest?
    We make a gun we can just shoot the little fuckers with!
    Wooohooo! F***ing gun for f***ing shooting f***in' f***er tumors! F***in' make it so!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

ThatGirl

I love the Incredible Night Crawler.

Sometimes in the middle of an argument I will just go all silent. Then when the person I am talking to asks why I have that look on my face I tell them, "I was just imagining the look you would have on your face if I could teleport behind you and take you out at the knees. I would have to teleport back pretty quickly though, you know, in order to witness it."

MBTI
    ENTP

Em, quite afew things actually....

PowerPoint graphic design
    Visual Literacy
    Oil painting

And bizarly enough MBTI profile of thje GB population....

Lis