• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why INTJs are Boring and INTPs Interesting?

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Well, I can say this wasnt written by an INTJ.:doh: We dont "create a persona" in order to appear correct...we ARE correct/have an educated vantage or dont bother to comment. There is no arrogance involved/intended.....just pragmatic reduction others misconstrue as arrogance. This is why we are the most misunderstood type...we just want shit to make sense. I would venture to say INTJs enjoy/embrace being wrong more than any other type. Just doesnt happen very often.......:devil:

Nah! xNTPs have it worse. We're conditioned to be like an xSTJ or an xNTJ.

That's tough.

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I can say this wasnt written by an INTJ.:doh: We dont "create a persona" in order to appear correct...we ARE correct/have an educated vantage or dont bother to comment. There is no arrogance involved/intended.....just pragmatic reduction others misconstrue as arrogance. This is why we are the most misunderstood type...we just want shit to make sense. I would venture to say INTJs enjoy/embrace being wrong more than any other type. Just doesnt happen very often.......:devil:
How can it when they leave uncharted waters unexplored? INTPs like Newton, Darwin and Einstein are always the ones drudging through the mud, enduring the storm and cutting through the thicket. And the moment they're finished, then come the INTJs.:devil:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How can it when they leave uncharted waters unexplored? INTPs like Newton, Darwin and Einstein are always the ones drudging through the mud, enduring the storm and cutting through the thicket. And the moment they're finished, then come the INTJs.:devil:

This happens because we're smart enough to let the INTPs do the dirty work for us.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That's not true. INTPs are more complex and convoluted, and tend to play more with puns. That doesn't automatically make them more interesting.

How can it when they leave uncharted waters unexplored? INTPs like Newton, Darwin and Einstein are always the ones drudging through the mud, enduring the storm and cutting through the thicket.

In your dreams. :rolli: Maybe Einstein, but the other two weren't INTPs.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
As someone else said....what?

I don't follow your logic on INTJ's here at all, even masking it as xNTJ. Also like to point out INTJ is more rare then every other type save INFJ which is about equal.

Analyze Ni/Te and there is some food for thought for interesting "outcomes".

Anyways....yeah...think I'm done here.

Actually, distribution among the types is just an educated estimate, much like the entire MBTI, if you think about it.

Although people have faith in this system because somehow, we can attest to its validity.

I'm willing to bet that xNTPs are rarer than the xNTJs because the latter is better conditioned for schooling and the corporate set-up, much like what we're all conditioned to be.

Whereas an xNTPs source of affirmation is a mystric Ti that isn't necessarily easy to objectify, not to mention that the Ti function is socially overlooked.

Ne/Ti is something that one may not necessarily discover immediately, let alone embrace, and when that happens, it creates a really unorthodox persona.

The hard part about being an xNTP is that people would think you're smart and then coerce you to join some school contest, or be on top of the academic game, and then conquer the world of some sort, when it's considerably far from an INTPs' agenda, that is, if he has one. LOL!

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj

Yeah....we owe everything to INTPs.:sleeping: We dont comment definitively on things we arent researched on....I have a hunch the three you mentioned left a few stones unturned.....:D

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
So what you're saying is you can't move forward without us.

lol

Its somewhat symbiotic. We make tangible sense of the crazy shit you come up with...we are translators of practical/applicable action. Your ideas/concepts would waste away in a dusty closet without us.:coffee: You dont realize how lucky you are to have us.

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP
Its somewhat symbiotic. We make tangible sense of the crazy shit you come up with...we are translators of practical/applicable action. Your ideas/concepts would waste away in a dusty closet without us.:coffee:
Heh, I know, I'm just poking fun. I've found that you guys tend to make the best guides to the uncharted waters too.

I've always found it entertaining thinking about how differently we operate despite the fact that we're both INTs. You take in bits and pieces of logical information with your Te and construct functional, self sustained systems from them with your Ni. I take in those systems with my Ne and attempt to complete them (if I see them as incomplete) by adding imaginary bits and pieces of logical information with my Ti. I imagine it must be frustrating to hear INTPs talking about those imaginary pieces as if they were real. Sure it makes sense (hopefully), but is it actually right? Right?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Its somewhat symbiotic. We make tangible sense of the crazy shit you come up with...we are translators of practical/applicable action. Your ideas/concepts would waste away in a dusty closet without us.:coffee: You dont realize how lucky you are to have us.
You wouldn't happen to operate a corporate think tank I could come "work at," would you? Then I'd feel lucky.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
You wouldn't happen to operate a corporate think tank I could come "work at," would you? Then I'd feel lucky.

Yes I do... @ "Uni-Force". We are currently implementing your brilliant concepts into world domination. Unfortunately, the irony is we actually enslave you in the process. Should have consulted a trusted INTJ before releasing such classified information....would have pointed out such a possible scenario.:hi:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've never been 100% sold on Newton but I've never doubted whether or not Darwin is INTP. What makes you think otherwise (in both cases)?

Jung actually said in his work that Darwin was an Extraverted Thinking type, and proposed Kant as an example of the Introverted Thinking type. For some reason, those were the only two examples he gave.

C.G. Jung said:
Just as Darwin might possibly represent the normal extraverted thinking type, so we might point to Kant as a counter-example of the normal introverted thinking type. The former speaks with facts; the latter appeals to the subjective factor. Darwin ranges over the wide fields of objective facts, while Kant restricts himself to a critique of knowledge in general. But suppose a Cuvier be contrasted with a Nietzsche: the antithesis becomes even sharper.

Classics in the History of Psychology -- Jung (1921/1923) Chapter 10

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I've never found any type to be boring in total. My INTJ friend is usually quite interesting to talk to as he's often got an innovative look on things. I think it's more to do with how private the person is and whether they'll open up to you.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Possibility vs. Practicality.

Reality is boring. Possibilities are endlessly engaging, provoking, interesting. So there you have it!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno...while I agree that INTP's seem to talk about a lot more subjects and toss ideas around, I wouldn't call the INTJ boring. They tend to be focussed on a limited amount of subjects though, and be very very knowledgable about them. Also, when it comes to humor, INTP are good, but INTJ's just rule Theirs is extra dry, I find *grin*

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs are built for speed. INFJs too.

You slowpoke XPs make do with breadth and depth.

As such, I suppose, INTJs are there to be utilised, not to be actual human beings.

It's a curse.

I blame Ayn Rand.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I think IxxJ's can sometimes be perceived as boring. It's that combination of being introverted and J driven. We're internally driven and so focused on what we're trying to do, we sometimes appear uninteresting. But take us out of our comfort zones and you'll find something interesting, I guarantee it. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Great thread.

If you're into the same subjects as an INTJ, they are definitely nice to have around. I wouldn't really call them boring, but I see how through some lenses they can be viewed like that.

The area where some INTJs seem to fail is: recreation.