User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

romantic comedies are guilty pleasures. sometimes i wish i had a girlfriend to share them with but in good time. trying not to rush these things.

but yeah guys can enjoy them too.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'll second the nomination for Love Actually, despite Murkow's terse review In fact, the film's writer/director, Richard Curtis, may be as close as we have to an "auteur" for romantic comedies. He also wrote Four Weddings And A Funeral, which is stellar, and Notting Hill, which is pretty good. He and Hugh Grant (a criminally underrated actor) seem to bring out the best in each other. For better or for worse, Curtis was also a writer for the Mr. Bean and Black Adder TV series.
    I found neither heart nor humour in "Love Actually". And it didn't really feel very solid. ('though I loved the gospel choir at the beginning).

I still think Curtis is brilliant. He won the nation's hearts with The Vicar of Dibley, which I prefer to Blackadder and Bean.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    my bad. Enfj's.

You know, I've heard that we're impossible romantics, but frankly aside from the idealism and living out the elaborate fantasies we make up, the candy-flowers-cardboard cut-out love thing just strikes me as boring and unoriginal. In fact, it may kill my attraction. I got a supercharger core from an ISTP which I loved, and a Valentine from an ENTP that was Neruda's sheep standing over a lamb chop. Morbid AND sweet! Got me right in the heart parts.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I found neither heart nor humour in "Love Actually". And it didn't really feel very solid.

I still think Curtis is brilliant, though. He won the nation's hearts with The Vicar of Dibley, which I prefer to Blackadder and Bean.
    Oh my goodness. "Sausages in scarlet pimpernel sauce! Pimpernels in scarlet sausage sauce! etc" lol too funny.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    I like them.

27 Dresses was good. So was 50 First Dates.

They're unrealistic, but a light and funny escape from real life. No guy in real life is ever as romantic as they come in Rom-Coms.
    Constantly? No. Can some beat moments? Don't see why not? Problem is most guys forget this after the honeymoon period and don't maintain their relationship the write way. Hint guys: After you marry, you shouldn't stop dating your wife (twice a month w/o kids, once a month with kids minimum is a good). Ok, I'm derailing this thread with the INTJ "fix the relationship to be perfect" side. Ciao.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You know, I've heard that we're impossible romantics, but frankly aside from the idealism and living out the elaborate fantasies we make up, the candy-flowers-cardboard cut-out love thing just strikes me as boring and unoriginal. In fact, it may kill my attraction. I got a supercharger core from an ISTP which I loved, and a Valentine from an ENTP that was Neruda's sheep standing over a lamb chop. Morbid AND sweet! Got me right in the heart parts.
    i think when the writer talked about candy and stuff, it was more of a metaphor for romance than anything. N types want creativity, so yeah, i agree that flowers etc. get cliche. i'm an NF myself, so i think i know where you're coming from (that's what she said ).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

I tend to agree, the one eNFj girl I know, just is too old to still have time for romance
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I found neither heart nor humour in "Love Actually". And it didn't really feel very solid. ('though I loved the gospel choir at the beginning).

I still think Curtis is brilliant. He won the nation's hearts with The Vicar of Dibley, which I prefer to Blackadder and Bean.
    I thought the storylines in Love Actually varied from bad (the guy voyaging to America) to charming (the movie stand-ins) to romantic (Hugh Grant and the delicious dish playing his underling) to sublime (Colin Firth and the Portugese girl) to laugh out loud funny (Bill Nighy as the aging rocker). Yeah, it's uneven, but it's so good natured and the best parts are brilliant. I also have a weakness for Christmas-themed movies.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INXP

Sorry to dent Christmas fuzzies. I can overlook things if Christmas fuzzies are being gotten.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by sketcheasy View Post
    romantic comedies are guilty pleasures.
    Yup, most of the time (especially with the really soppy ones), it's not even something I'd like for myself, but it's still nice to get carried away by the film and live the emotions.