• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why are we (INTJ/INTP) so rare?

Usehername

On a mission
I wonder if the unconscious/evolutionary drive of INTs is to create and propagate more of them?

isn't this true of everybody and their traits?

or do you mean that we're more likely to want to proactively convert people to be like us, whereas SPs and NFs would want people to "live and let live" or "be their authentic selves"?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
isn't this true of everybody and their traits?

or do you mean that we're more likely to want to proactively convert people to be like us, whereas SPs and NFs would want people to "live and let live" or "be their authentic selves"?
Not fielding the question per se: I have noticed that SJs think everyone is capable of having the SJ mindset (and rightly should work toward that), whereas NTs realize they're different.

Usehername

On a mission
Not fielding the question per se: I have noticed that SJs think everyone is capable of having the SJ mindset (and rightly should work toward that), whereas NTs realize they're different.

Probably NTs realize people are different sooner than SJs, however, that doesn't mean some of us (xNTJs, perhaps?) don't try to convert people to seeing the world the way we do. Conscious manipulation of the standard vs. unconscious manipulation not knowing that there are different standards for types of people.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The reason N's are rarer than S's: It only takes one person to have a vision, but it takes considerably more people to go through the details of realizing that vision.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
The reason N's are rarer than S's: It only takes one person to have a vision, but it takes considerably more people to go through the details of realizing that vision.

Usually 20 years after they're dead......

Alpha-6

MBTI Type
INTP
This can't be correct, but I always assumed its because EXFXs (ex.) simply feel the need to pass their traits to as many children as humanly possible, while INTs are having difficulty bustin their first nut. Most INTs I know don't want kids anyway.

Pavilion

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think we're as rare as most people think, but that a lot of us turn off our N functions in an effort to fit in with this primarily S dominated world. I know it wasn't until I was eighteen that I finally grew tired of hiding my thoughts and opinions from people because I knew it would just make them think I was weird.

Not that we aren't still hard to come by.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was just reading something by Jung, and he says extroverts have more kids. Introverts, have less kids, but are more cautious and therefor live longer. Each helps preserve the species in different ways.

alisonmuses

MBTI Type
INTJ
in my family, my dad and my younger sister are ENFPs and my mom and i are both INTJs who tested as ISTJs earlier in life. it's pretty similar.

Dominicus Griswold

If both of your Parrents happen to be INTJ's, I would figure that due to a form of conditioning (i.e. living with two cold hearted, crackpots, who may or may not hover over your bed with a knife every wednesday night......)you would pick up there traits, after all, most children tend to imitate their parents at a young age...

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Answer:

because INTJs/INTPs (gasp!) aren't actually so rare?

Funny how some people can score off the charts on "questioning" but they never question this idea of type rarity.

Where the fuck do you live Gabe?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Why are we so rare?

To be honest, the world couldn't handle too many of us.

i agree with this one. if you look at the 4 temperaments, the largest group are the SJ's, then SP's followed by the NF's and finally the NT's. in short you have the defender of the norms, the norm followers and then the creative people. it looks like evolution to me. you wouldn't expect the creative bunch to be the majority. we have a small amount of people who strive to be creative and a lot of other people to carry things out. humanity would probably be doomed if we only had N's. S's would at least survive. they may not do anything new, but they would do alright. i like the status quo as it is now.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
It's because the goverments of the world euthenaise most of us in secret and cover it up.

But I would have said NFJs are the rarest.

disTant_eCHo

MBTI Type
INTP
I am INTP and my mom is INTJ. My brother is ENTJ and my best friend of 11 years is ENTP. My mom also suspects that my dad was an INTP, so these rarities don't really seem to apply to me. I've also consciously known one other INTJ and an INFJ, another type that is supposed to be rare.

EDIT: My cousin is INTJ, also, I forgot.

EDIT 2: My other brother took the test today and came out as INFJ, which is supposed to be the rarest so yeah I would say my family is comprised of rarities which to me doesn't seem entirely too rare.

royompiscus

MBTI Type
ENtj
Enneagram
Sorry yall, i'm mainly an ENTJ, but went thru an INTENSE INTJ phase and I hated it. But I was just wondering how culture would affect scores? Say like in big-math, communist China? Just curiousitizing... :)