• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why are we (INTJ/INTP) so rare?

lildia

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm horribly skeptical of these statistics. I've been type watching for years and just don't see that many INTJs. Either that, or Australia is very different in composition of type than the US. The link below provides some alternative numbers.

MBTI Proximity Chart at MROB

I know it's a really bias and poor opinion . . . but even born, grown up in, and still living in Australia . . . I can even say that the statistics are questionable . . . and more so after looking at that report...

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I suppose it naturally follows that most of the current Australian's predecessors were criminals... :yes:

That's an interesting supposition LOL out of all of the people I went to school with there were only two I recall who could trace their ancestry back to convicts. Most were the children of migrants or the children of children of migrants. My brother and I were first generation Australians on my father's side and 3rd generation Australians on my mother's side.

Kind of like saying that most Americans were descended from the pilgrims. :shock:

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I know it's a really bias and poor opinion . . . but even born, grown up in, and still living in Australia . . . I can even say that the statistics are questionable . . . and more so after looking at that report...

These stats are very suspicious - it almost appears to be a page to expound his own self-promotion, self-rationalisation of his INTPness, and self-determined "higher moral standing"????

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Rare = valuable?

Could just mean 'weak'. If Darwin is right, the most fit will survive and if you ask me, INTx's in general aren't very well fit for society :cheese:

I theorize that as the world becomes more and more linked and interdependent, there will be fewer and fewer INT's. We'll be weeded out into oblivion and all that will remain are those most adept at handling overwhelmingly social environments.

We are rare because we are going extinct!

:cheers:

.... Maybe we should get ourselves registered on the endangered lists...

:thinking:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That's an interesting supposition LOL out of all of the people I went to school with there were only two I recall who could trace their ancestry back to convicts. Most were the children of migrants or the children of children of migrants. My brother and I were first generation Australians on my father's side and 3rd generation Australians on my mother's side.

Kind of like saying that most Americans were descended from the pilgrims. :shock:

Well, many of my ancestors were criminals. The only difference is that mine didn't get caught. :D

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Could just mean 'weak'. If Darwin is right, the most fit will survive and if you ask me, INTx's in general aren't very well fit for society :cheese:

I theorize that as the world becomes more and more linked and interdependent, there will be fewer and fewer INT's. We'll be weeded out into oblivion and all that will remain are those most adept at handling overwhelmingly social environments.

We are rare because we are going extinct!

As change accelerates, the XNs are far better equipped to deal with constant change and adaptation than the XSs.

Thom Hartmann wrote a book called "ADHD a Different Perception" except he appeared to be writing more about iNtuitives rather than ADHD - (unless they are interchangeable??)

He likened linear thinkers to farmers who are best adapted to predictability, day in day out - very reminiscent of XSXJ, and those with ADHD - abstract thinkers who are very P - to hunters where they are required to adapt to whatever the prevailing conditions.

It was very interesting from a teaching perspective as it gave a possible answer as to why indigenous people from America, Africa and Australia have difficulties in the very linear western schooling system.

Type appears to be associated there somewhere and, apart from nutrient abuse (recognised culprit in much ADHD), hints that like an ant colony, nature creates exactly the right proportion of skills in any society required for that society to function???

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because our traits are not found to be desirable in the world. People want the friendly extrovert who can take charge, give orders and be absolutely perfect. At the same time, they want an empathetic leader who cares about the world.

blahblahblah.

I don't know any INTJs in real life. I wonder if I would like them.

L

Lasting_Pain

There was a mass witch-hunt for us during the 20th century. We are the offspring of the surviving few, hence why there are only a few of us.

Also, I thought INFJ was rarer.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know why they are rare, but it isn't my fault. I made one of each.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
we arent rare by choice... most of us never learn to act dumber than we are to get laid... and we wear condoms and so forth... intelligence is a cruel mistress and most people dont like her