User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I wonder if the unconscious/evolutionary drive of INTs is to create and propagate more of them?
    isn't this true of everybody and their traits?

or do you mean that we're more likely to want to proactively convert people to be like us, whereas SPs and NFs would want people to "live and let live" or "be their authentic selves"?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    isn't this true of everybody and their traits?

or do you mean that we're more likely to want to proactively convert people to be like us, whereas SPs and NFs would want people to "live and let live" or "be their authentic selves"?
    Not fielding the question per se: I have noticed that SJs think everyone is capable of having the SJ mindset (and rightly should work toward that), whereas NTs realize they're different.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Not fielding the question per se: I have noticed that SJs think everyone is capable of having the SJ mindset (and rightly should work toward that), whereas NTs realize they're different.
    Probably NTs realize people are different sooner than SJs, however, that doesn't mean some of us (xNTJs, perhaps?) don't try to convert people to seeing the world the way we do. Conscious manipulation of the standard vs. unconscious manipulation not knowing that there are different standards for types of people.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The reason N's are rarer than S's: It only takes one person to have a vision, but it takes considerably more people to go through the details of realizing that vision.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The reason N's are rarer than S's: It only takes one person to have a vision, but it takes considerably more people to go through the details of realizing that vision.
    Usually 20 years after they're dead......
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTP

This can't be correct, but I always assumed its because EXFXs (ex.) simply feel the need to pass their traits to as many children as humanly possible, while INTs are having difficulty bustin their first nut. Most INTs I know don't want kids anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think we're as rare as most people think, but that a lot of us turn off our N functions in an effort to fit in with this primarily S dominated world. I know it wasn't until I was eighteen that I finally grew tired of hiding my thoughts and opinions from people because I knew it would just make them think I was weird.

Not that we aren't still hard to come by.

MBTI
    INTJ

I was just reading something by Jung, and he says extroverts have more kids. Introverts, have less kids, but are more cautious and therefor live longer. Each helps preserve the species in different ways.

MBTI
    INTJ

in my family, my dad and my younger sister are ENFPs and my mom and i are both INTJs who tested as ISTJs earlier in life. it's pretty similar.

If both of your Parrents happen to be INTJ's, I would figure that due to a form of conditioning (i.e. living with two cold hearted, crackpots, who may or may not hover over your bed with a knife every wednesday night......)you would pick up there traits, after all, most children tend to imitate their parents at a young age...