User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    I'm horribly skeptical of these statistics. I've been type watching for years and just don't see that many INTJs. Either that, or Australia is very different in composition of type than the US. The link below provides some alternative numbers.

MBTI Proximity Chart at MROB
    I know it's a really bias and poor opinion . . . but even born, grown up in, and still living in Australia . . . I can even say that the statistics are questionable . . . and more so after looking at that report...

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I suppose it naturally follows that most of the current Australian's predecessors were criminals...
    That's an interesting supposition LOL out of all of the people I went to school with there were only two I recall who could trace their ancestry back to convicts. Most were the children of migrants or the children of children of migrants. My brother and I were first generation Australians on my father's side and 3rd generation Australians on my mother's side.

Kind of like saying that most Americans were descended from the pilgrims.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lildia View Post
    I know it's a really bias and poor opinion . . . but even born, grown up in, and still living in Australia . . . I can even say that the statistics are questionable . . . and more so after looking at that report...
    These stats are very suspicious - it almost appears to be a page to expound his own self-promotion, self-rationalisation of his INTPness, and self-determined "higher moral standing"????
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes, why is it so rare to find such awesome people? I will never know.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Rare = valuable?
    Could just mean 'weak'. If Darwin is right, the most fit will survive and if you ask me, INTx's in general aren't very well fit for society

I theorize that as the world becomes more and more linked and interdependent, there will be fewer and fewer INT's. We'll be weeded out into oblivion and all that will remain are those most adept at handling overwhelmingly social environments.

We are rare because we are going extinct!

.... Maybe we should get ourselves registered on the endangered lists...

Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    That's an interesting supposition LOL out of all of the people I went to school with there were only two I recall who could trace their ancestry back to convicts. Most were the children of migrants or the children of children of migrants. My brother and I were first generation Australians on my father's side and 3rd generation Australians on my mother's side.

Kind of like saying that most Americans were descended from the pilgrims.
    Well, many of my ancestors were criminals. The only difference is that mine didn't get caught.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Could just mean 'weak'. If Darwin is right, the most fit will survive and if you ask me, INTx's in general aren't very well fit for society

I theorize that as the world becomes more and more linked and interdependent, there will be fewer and fewer INT's. We'll be weeded out into oblivion and all that will remain are those most adept at handling overwhelmingly social environments.

We are rare because we are going extinct!
    As change accelerates, the XNs are far better equipped to deal with constant change and adaptation than the XSs.

Thom Hartmann wrote a book called "ADHD a Different Perception" except he appeared to be writing more about iNtuitives rather than ADHD - (unless they are interchangeable??)

He likened linear thinkers to farmers who are best adapted to predictability, day in day out - very reminiscent of XSXJ, and those with ADHD - abstract thinkers who are very P - to hunters where they are required to adapt to whatever the prevailing conditions.

It was very interesting from a teaching perspective as it gave a possible answer as to why indigenous people from America, Africa and Australia have difficulties in the very linear western schooling system.

Type appears to be associated there somewhere and, apart from nutrient abuse (recognised culprit in much ADHD), hints that like an ant colony, nature creates exactly the right proportion of skills in any society required for that society to function???
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Because our traits are not found to be desirable in the world. People want the friendly extrovert who can take charge, give orders and be absolutely perfect. At the same time, they want an empathetic leader who cares about the world.

blahblahblah.

I don't know any INTJs in real life. I wonder if I would like them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

Lasting_Pain

There was a mass witch-hunt for us during the 20th century. We are the offspring of the surviving few, hence why there are only a few of us.

Also, I thought INFJ was rarer.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't know why they are rare, but it isn't my fault. I made one of each.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers