• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Can ENTP maintain relations?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Do ENTP's get bored of people once they find out all possibilities have been realized?

Mane

Permabanned
Do ENTP's get bored of people once they find out all possibilities have been realized?

A relationship that is all about itself can get pretty boring, but a relationship where you stand together as a unit, both of you vs the world, is no longer merely a relationship but a more interesting lifestyle, one where depending on your chemistry, you can combine with the mind of another to a back and forth exchange that can open up more and more possibilities exponentially with every throw, and one in which you will need all of those possibilities because are going to be challenged with more needs, wants and problems then either one of you would have on your own. Lovers can get boring, but partners help make life more interesting.

Qre:us

No, not if they care about the person, and feelings are involved. There's moments of boredom in every relationship; willingness to do something about it, because one cares, makes all the difference is sustaining the relationship.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not an ENTP, but:

With relationships, I generally find that you get out of it what you put into it, as prophesied by Billy Preston.

You have to put energy into it to keep it healthy. If you neglect it, things stagnate and problems develop. It's not all on the other person to have a good relationship. Part of that responsibility is with you. If you feel like it's become dull and boring, see if you can shake up.

Maybe this is crazy talk, but I think a lot of "common knowledge" about relationships and love is 100% crap.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I'm reviving this because I had some good insight regarding this recently.
I think overall we can get bored quickly once something is no longer a challenge - hence we love the chase, but quickly burn out if there is nothing to fight for afterwards. A big problem for myself at least is dealing with passive types, who become content with how things are and stop testing us, challenging us, or even pushing our buttons. While for some people that quiet lull is calming, ENTPs more than most see it as something losing its purpose, and if not given some push back and some fight, we can become bored quite quickly and decide to walk away.

á´…eparted

passages
I'm reviving this because I had some good insight regarding this recently.
I think overall we can get bored quickly once something is no longer a challenge - hence we love the chase, but quickly burn out if there is nothing to fight for afterwards. A big problem for myself at least is dealing with passive types, who become content with how things are and stop testing us, challenging us, or even pushing our buttons. While for some people that quiet lull is calming, ENTPs more than most see it as something losing its purpose, and if not given some push back and some fight, we can become bored quite quickly and decide to walk away.

This sounds more influenced by your enneagram than mbti.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Woah.
Lets net get ahead of ourselves.
That's self actualized entp territory.

Lets try to keep a decent job first

mono

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course I can. If it's worth my time.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENTP 7w8 brother has had very few long term relationships. He has long term friendships, but struggles to have any romantic relationship last very long at all.

Of course, he refuses to give anything of himself, his core, which had little to do with his MBTI type or enneagram and everything to do with our childhood....

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can maintain relations with inanimate objects.

Like, my books.

People?

more complicated. More fascinating, But most romantic partners dont want to be treated like a social experiment. So I never go too far with that.

On the plus side. I maintain hella good friendships. :'D

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ENTP ex was, in fact, a very loyal bloke. Before me, he had had a 7-year relationship. He was not the cheating type. He had 3 - 4 very good friends whom he had knew for over 25 years.

However, can ENTP devote themselves to their relations? I doubt.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

In a word, yes. If I do everything that I possibly can to make friends with somebody, and they still won't open up to me, then yeah there's nothing left for me to do but move on. Sure it hurts because I hate to see wasted potential, but what's the alternative? Keep beating my head against a stone wall? Certainly not, that would be even worse, much worse, terrible even.