• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Which NT am I?

SwimmerGal97

Hi, I've been looking for my MBTI type for a few years and, despite the occasional deviation, I am fairly sure I am one of the NT's. I'm a student,and balance my free time between (when I'm out of school or not studying) between a part time job and my own pursuits so I'll break this down into three parts so you can get a decent overview.

Firstly, school. I enjoy school, I like the people (most of the time), I like learning and I enjoy having something to do (even if I spend most of my time in class thinking about what I'll be doing next lesson, lunchtime, after school, next year etc). I study Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Art, and at the time of choosing my A-levels did so with the intention of studying Chemistry at University. I have since changed my mind (science doesn't actually interest me- never has done, but I'm good at analysing and remembering things) and now have no clue what to do after sixth form (except it won't be science and I now have the wrong qualifications to do other things) and without a long term goal, I'm a mess. I have no motivation and no commitment to my subjects and react to this state in two different ways. In Chemistry and Biology, I don't participate, I do my own work (whether it's that subjects work or something else) at my own pace, I'm sarcastic and occasionally get up for a wander round (I'm not a great student) but I do well in tests (I feel rather smug when I continuously get the highest marks :/). The subjects are too black and white, not enough room for me to have a mental debate and write it down in an exam or coursework which is what I'm good at. In Maths and Art, I am loud, talkative, again misbehaved- I ignore deadlines and hand in work when I want, and bounce between being witty in a funny way and witty in a sharp tongued borderline b*tchy way. I have the same feelings towards maths as the other sciences in that a straight right and wrong doesn't appeal to me, although I have the opposite problem in Art (I struggled with subjects like English Literature in a similar way) because they expect everything to have deeper spiritual meaning and express my soul or whatever and I really hate that. I like analysing and interpreting facts (making links and thinking of various outcomes where there isnt a right, the answer is one of possibilities, rather than solving a question with one straight answer).

Secondly, work. I work in retail in a book and stationary shop and have mixed feelings about my job. I like my colleagues and I enjoy (for a while anyway) communicating with people even if i'm sometime told I can be a bit robotic (I find it very easy to communicate with male customers but my interaction is either awkward or extremely flirtatious and im yet to master the middle ground). I working predominantly on tills which I hate. I stand in the same spot for a minimum of four hours at a time and there are times when I'm busy and times when I'm stood there with nothing to do which is really frustrating because I lose myself in thought then people come along and disrupt me.

Thirdly, my free time. I love tv/film: GoT, House of Cards, Scandal, Sherlock, any satire (mock the week, HIGNFY), fantasy (Merlin, Robin Hood) and historical documentaries. I love anything with a political tone to it, especially spies (James Bond, Tinker Tailor, Spooks and recently, the Game). I like learning languages and am currently learning German and Russian, which i love but have no one to talk to in those languages :'). Keeping up to date on current affairs is another thing i like to do, the BBC news app is almost always open on my phone, both in England and around the world, staying informed in politics and events, both natural and unnatural (like wars). Its morbid but I'm a Brit and love a bit of bad news in the morning and nothing gets me buzzing like a crisis. My final and favourite hobby is thinking. Analysing, daydreaming, being philosophical....I lose myself in though and can easily spend hours in the shower or lying in bed or pacing around thinking about anything and everything. Its a bit of a problem because my head is so far in the future, I have no patience for the present. My day is an endless stream of what next? As soon as I've arrived somewhere or started doing something, my mind is onto the next thing, how im getting there, what I'm going to do etc.

Sorry this is long and thankyou for any responses!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would go with ENTP as well..

how did this get over 10,000 views with like 3 replies?

Chrysanthea

It's possible that most people who clicked on this thread weren't aware of which NT type they themselves were, and thought this would help them.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is quite possible. Although, I had more of the thought of possibly that there's a bug on the views.