User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

It bothers me a bit, but not that much. And I'm about as P as you can get. If the person normally has a good track record and consistently misspells the same words then I sometimes wonder if I should say something. But I have enough trouble of my own deciding whether to choose US or British spelling.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I'm an INTP, and deeply offended by poor spelling.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Wait -- You just didn't say "!&@^#!&* you" to me, did you?!
    OMG LOLOL Touche (imagine that's an accent aigu - I can't do them on the laptop)

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

In theory, though, this could be rooted in an S function. NTs tend to be the worst at nitpicking, because of their need for logic. But since they also have a less developed S function, they will probably more likely use it in an unproductive manner -- such as nitpicking. Because I don't see many Sensors having problems with nitpicking.

Also, I think an underdeveloped S function is also the root of many NTs' desires to collect useless knowledge, such as statistics -- a lot of NTs are good at memorizing these kinds of facts, including myself.
    Very intriguing (see, not Interesting, Economica). The man who drives me crazy is an ISTJ and he's The Master of Useless Knowledge, aka Cliff Claven. The only person who can keep up with him is me. I've wondered since SJ and NT's are a lot more different than you'd think being one letter apart (Something I've had to explain over and over again to my Guardian). Hmmmp. Thank you.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I *think* it's a J thing - wanting things done a certain way.
    Use a dash, not a hyphen.

Yes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Very intriguing (see, not Interesting, Economica). The man who drives me crazy is an ISTJ and he's The Master of Useless Knowledge, aka Cliff Claven. The only person who can keep up with him is me. I've wondered since SJ and NT's are a lot more different than you'd think being one letter apart (Something I've had to explain over and over again to my Guardian). Hmmmp. Thank you.
    Haha!! Never really watched Cheers, though.

But the NT temperament is considered the knowledge-seeking personality.

Although, I intuit a difference between "crossword puzzle" knowledgeable and scholarly. I think the SJ might be adept at "general knowledge" because their minds instinctively collect factual knowledge.

When the NT collects knowledge, he/she will more likely go deeper than what is obvious -- looking for the meaning beyond the surface. The NT will probably appear more bookish and specialized, which would likely be laced with trivia, as well. The SJ will probably be more interested in the facts as they see them, but probably less driven in knowing the meanings and technicalities of those facts.

I have the urge to correct spelling all the time...especially on the internet where it is rampant. I don't curtail my urge as often as I'd like, either. I just feel that if someone is a poor speller then they are either careless or dim. I know that's not a very good trait, but I can't help it. I feel like text messages and internet chat have degraded spelling a great deal, and "Who cares, you know what I meant" as a response sets me off.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Another thing I always hated was writing past the margins on notebook paper.

MBTI
    INTj

Yeesh. You people have serious control issues, says the J.

I take notice of misspellings and grammatical errors, but unless the person claims to be an expert linguist, I rarely bring it to their attention.

. . . unless it's a funny error like spelling "cunt" instead of "bunt." Then it's my duty to mention it.

I dont relly cair about speling.

Same with grammar, but probably because I am severely underpractised in the art of communication (both in writing and speech).

"A want fastened, wants annihilation."