• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] do you love psychology as an intp

yasin

Most Senior Member
i love to understand how others think. if you don't love human psychology and you are an intp please atleast reply "no".
and i would really love to know if other intps love human psychology.:)

Fate

Hell yeah, I do! Somewhat. Especially when applied to video games. If it's not about games, I love to understand how others think too! :)
I know a person (whom I believe is ESTP) who is into this stuff too!

yasin

Most Senior Member
Hell yeah, I do! Somewhat. Especially when applied to video games. If it's not about games, I love to understand how others think too! :)

ha ha! but although it seemed interesting, i did not understand how you apply your understanding of human thinking in video games! :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes. I want to understand stuff, especially all sorts of complex things and psychology can offer understanding about one of the most complex and important things in the world.

yasin

Most Senior Member

It's very nice. Although this topic is completely new to me, i liked it very much.
However, would you be interested if we share different thoughts about our explanation on different human behaviours? I would be very interested.

- - - Updated - - -

This topic is just awesome!

yasin

Most Senior Member

please give me feedbacks. i love hearing feedbacks. i would be happier if feedbacks are from intps,

yasin

Most Senior Member
-------------why are children so afraid of ghosts they have never even seen-----------

The children have no knowledge about the real world. Everything that they hear, everything that they read is new to them.

If I say apples are orange in colour, in the inside they are green, you will say, "Stop kidding". This is because you have been accustomed with the idea that the word apple refers to an almost round fruit with a red skin and a white inside.

But a 2-4 year old child has not yet been accustomed with this idea so well. So, if I tell him that apples are orange coloured with green insides, instead of doubting or making fun, he will just very clearly imagine as I said. And all children will exactly believe that there are apples which have orange skins and green insides. I think almost everyone has had this type of experience with children.

So it is understood that children don't really understand what is real and what is their imagination. Everything is real for them. They will not even understand that an orange apple is just their imagination, which has no existence in reality. This is the extremeness of the imagination of children.

And again when children are told about different ghosts, just as they believe in orange apples, they exactly believe in ghosts. They will make clear pictures of black, hairy or big-toothed semi-human beings. But, they don't exactly know what is real and what is in their minds, just as we see in case of orange apples.

For this, when children hear about different ghosts, they just believe that these imaginary beings will arrive and eat or beat them. But I think, since there is no difference between reality and imagination in the mind of a child, he might often see what he actually imagines, because imagination is a major part of his reality, it has a clearly extreme effect on his reality, as in the case of orange apples.

For this, I think, all children often hallucinate, and thus get so afraid of the ghosts they "see", which are actually just in their minds, but get real just because of extreme influence of imagination on reality, since imagination of their minds and reality of their eyes are just same for them, as in case of orange apples.

This also explains my own memories of seeing ghosts. And I think, like me, many others have memories of ghosts, because I asked this to a few people, some said that they also had their own memories of ghosts.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This also explains my own memories of seeing ghosts. And I think, like me, many others have memories of ghosts, because I asked this to a few people, some said that they also had their own memories of ghosts.

That happened to me when I was about 4. I thought I saw a ghost, but now that I'm an adult I doubt that's the case. It's really interesting though, how children seem to be more "susceptible" to these things.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, I have been interested in finding out how my mind works, and how others tick for a very long time, since childhood. MBTI explains a lot, and helps me to interact with others better. Since coming here, I do feel a bit of a n00b compared to others' understanding of psychology (such as with enneagrams etc).

This place, along with Twitter, is the only place where I've talked to INTPs that I know are INTPs.

yasin

Most Senior Member
Well, I have been interested in finding out how my mind works, and how others tick for a very long time, since childhood. MBTI explains a lot, and helps me to interact with others better. Since coming here, I do feel a bit of a n00b compared to others' understanding of psychology (such as with enneagrams etc).

This place, along with Twitter, is the only place where I've talked to INTPs that I know are INTPs.

yes indeed, intps are very rare to find. outside this forum, i only met with one intp. we have the same opinions and an extremely similar way of thinking.

i love talking to intps whenever i get a chance, they are the best listeners.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Seeing as the MBTI is a theory based upon psychology, anyone on this forum is likely to have some kind of affinity with the subject. Regardless, yes I do, I find memory theories interesting, and other theories on knowledge etc, but I feel as though that has more to do with philosophy of mind.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
-------------why are children so afraid of ghosts they have never even seen-----------

The children have no knowledge about the real world. Everything that they hear, everything that they read is new to them.

If I say apples are orange in colour, in the inside they are green, you will say, "Stop kidding". This is because you have been accustomed with the idea that the word apple refers to an almost round fruit with a red skin and a white inside.

But a 2-4 year old child has not yet been accustomed with this idea so well. So, if I tell him that apples are orange coloured with green insides, instead of doubting or making fun, he will just very clearly imagine as I said. And all children will exactly believe that there are apples which have orange skins and green insides. I think almost everyone has had this type of experience with children.

So it is understood that children don't really understand what is real and what is their imagination. Everything is real for them. They will not even understand that an orange apple is just their imagination, which has no existence in reality. This is the extremeness of the imagination of children.

And again when children are told about different ghosts, just as they believe in orange apples, they exactly believe in ghosts. They will make clear pictures of black, hairy or big-toothed semi-human beings. But, they don't exactly know what is real and what is in their minds, just as we see in case of orange apples.

For this, when children hear about different ghosts, they just believe that these imaginary beings will arrive and eat or beat them. But I think, since there is no difference between reality and imagination in the mind of a child, he might often see what he actually imagines, because imagination is a major part of his reality, it has a clearly extreme effect on his reality, as in the case of orange apples.

For this, I think, all children often hallucinate, and thus get so afraid of the ghosts they "see", which are actually just in their minds, but get real just because of extreme influence of imagination on reality, since imagination of their minds and reality of their eyes are just same for them, as in case of orange apples.

I dont remember ever believing in ghosts, and i can remember stuff clearly from quite early childhood. I have been quite rational case since i can remember and i dont remember my imagination being mixed with reality. Most likely when told about ghosts the first time i asked what is it, how its possible etc and hearing the answers to those questions i had enough info to judge it as nonsense, or that i dont believe it unless i can see it because it doesent make sense.

yasin

Most Senior Member
I dont remember ever believing in ghosts, and i can remember stuff clearly from quite early childhood. I have been quite rational case since i can remember and i dont remember my imagination being mixed with reality. Most likely when told about ghosts the first time i asked what is it, how its possible etc and hearing the answers to those questions i had enough info to judge it as nonsense, or that i dont believe it unless i can see it because it doesent make sense.

i don't think ration or logic really has anything to do with remembering or not remembering childhood ghost memories. because my best friend is an intj and i am way more rational or logical than he is, but he says that he doesn't remember anything about seeing ghosts when he was 2,3 or 4. a 2-4 year old child cannot actually be rational, and i think, this is the reason logical personality has nothing to do with 2-4 year old childhood ghost memories.