User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default Are INTJ's Loud and Opinionated When Immature?

My best friend of roughly a million years was likely to be loud and kinda obnoxious about his views/opinions when I first met him in high-school. He is one of the few people I have ever been close to who I would describe as "abrasive." He has gotten a lot better about this over the years, but it is crazy for me to remember now that I thought he was a real annoying ass when I first met him.

I don't really know any other INTJ's in my day to day life, and have been curious about this aspect of his personality for a while. It seems to be in some ways at odds with being an introvert to me.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

That doesn't sound like INTJ's but ENTJ's.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I've never known a loud INTJ, ever. I think most of us find loud people to be irritating.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

People of many types are loud and opinionated, and obnoxious, when immature.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP

Young INJs are painted as reticent and serious, but stereotypes aren't law.
    Likes BluRoses, Bknight liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think it was a quirk of his when he was younger because he idolized his dad and he was in stage theater. My friend was never loud in a small group, it was specifically when called on in class. I think he had almost no idea at what level he was being too loud. Thanks for the input! I wondered if this was likely just him.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    My best friend of roughly a million years was likely to be loud and kinda obnoxious about his views/opinions when I first met him in high-school. He is one of the few people I have ever been close to who I would describe as "abrasive." He has gotten a lot better about this over the years, but it is crazy for me to remember now that I thought he was a real annoying ass when I first met him.

I don't really know any other INTJ's in my day to day life, and have been curious about this aspect of his personality for a while. It seems to be in some ways at odds with being an introvert to me.
    I would say that immature INTJs are often obnoxious and abrasive, though I wouldn't say loud exactly. Immature INTJs often think that they are right, and that people who are wrong are stupid and don't merit basic civility. You can see it on this forum constantly.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I would say that immature INTJs are often obnoxious and abrasive, though I wouldn't say loud exactly. Immature INTJs often think that they are right, and that people who are wrong are stupid and don't merit basic civility. You can see it on this forum constantly.
    People who are wrong may be stupid, but they still merit basic civility.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes BluRoses, Bknight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    People who are wrong may be stupid, but they still merit basic civility.
    I agree, but I wouldn't call either of us an immature INTJ.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post

This doesn't sound much like an INTJ, immature or otherwise. Remember that in ITJs feeling is introverted and thus social reactions tend to have an introverted character to them. A poor developed Fi can show itself in many ways - shy, moody, depressive, capable of bearing a long term grudge, aloof, over sensative, under sensative, and so on. An immature Fi user can even be rude towards those that they don't like, but it is worth noting that in this case the objective is to crush the victim so utterly that they never dare speak inthe ITJs prescense again - that is, it seeks to end the social encounter. Of course, they might nor succeed and instead just create an argument, but that doesn't change what the goal was.

Projecting oneself into a social setting regardless of the consequences is more characteristic of a poor expression of Fe.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.