User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 48

  1. #31
    Member laurapants08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Yeah it is more like I enjoy playing games with people. Sometimes I will pretend I am alot dumber than I am in real life to get the person all confident that they are going to win an argument. They use their best stuff, and then I know all of their points, so then I swoop in with my best stuff and like totally shock them. I really like arguing IRL for the sake of arguing, I always have, especially with people in positions of authority or people who spout what they think are absolute truths.

    Sometimes I mess with people just to mess with people though, like I will pretend to have some obnoxious view point and I will pull out a bunch of over the top defenses for it. Or I will pretend to be something I am not, like I will pretend to be french or something and not speak english. Ask waitor calorie amounts in everything because I am on an all I can eat diet. In high school I used to make up all kinds of lies to get out of doing stuff, I am a pretty obnoxious person in real life.
    I would love to thumbs up this but I'm not sure if I'm ready to reveal that much of my character yet... Muhahahaha! Gotta put that toe in the water first! Can we clap over this? I need a sound wave option....
    Quote me.

    I mean... Wait, what?

    "You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

    “In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

  2. #32
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    @Frosty6226 The next time you're in a restaurant, order a diet water. With gluten-free ice.
    Likes SD45T-2, Luke O, BluRoses, yama liked this post

  3. #33
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @Frosty6226 The next time you're in a restaurant, order a diet water. With gluten-free ice.


    I bitched at a waiter once that no coke was not acceptable, I asked for a pepsi and the customer is always right. She was not amused. Not that proud of that one though, it was kind of obvious and not that inspired.
    Likes Bknight liked this post

  4. #34
    Lost in the Multiverse Bknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    203

    Default

    The INTPs that I know don't mess with people per say (or at least, most of them don't) but they sure as heck love an intellectual debate. Suits me just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I bitched at a waiter once that no coke was not acceptable, I asked for a pepsi and the customer is always right. She was not amused. Not that proud of that one though, it was kind of obvious and not that inspired.
    Now THAT'S hilarious.

  5. #35
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Yes, but more of trollish and obvious ways rather than some long term fucking with someones head(thats something i would not do). Its funny when you say something completely ridiculous with a straight face and the other person believes that for a second. What makes it funny is their reactions, not only when they figure it out, but when you can see wheels turning in their heads making them to figure it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Seems like it would depend on the INTP. The INTPs I know like playing devil's advocate, but that's not "messing with people" necessarily.
    I dont really care for this much, however my INTJ friend does this A LOT, especially on the interwebs. He says that he gets perspective from that "other side" when arguing as a devils advocate.


    My INTP roommate told me the other day that she has literally made herself cry, during hypothetical arguments in her own head.
    Yea i can do this too, wasnt able to in the past tho. Basically i can live that hypothetical situation so vividly that even emotions come as if the situation was real.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #36
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I really like arguing IRL for the sake of arguing, I always have, especially with people in positions of authority or people who spout what they think are absolute truths.
    The underlined i can completely agree. There is nothing better than beating some knowitallwhoknowsnothing in argument. They have twisted views of themselves and need to be corrected, not just for the sake of my pleasure but for the good of the world.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #37
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    The underlined i can completely agree. There is nothing better than beating some knowitallwhoknowsnothing in argument. They have twisted views of themselves and need to be corrected, not just for the sake of my pleasure but for the good of the world.

    Right, if you spout an opinion off like a fact I will have to correct you. If I think that you are full of it in real life, I will have to correct you. Generally though I do not mean for those such things to turn into an argument, but generally the person who I am questioning gets all defensive and thinks that I want a fight. Im usually happy to oblige.

  8. #38
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Right, if you spout an opinion off like a fact I will have to correct you. If I think that you are full of it in real life, I will have to correct you. Generally though I do not mean for those such things to turn into an argument, but generally the person who I am questioning gets all defensive and thinks that I want a fight. Im usually happy to oblige.
    Yep, but if you are able to give a proper rationale, then it depends on the other persons level of intelligence whether or not it turns into a debate.

    But then what will you do if i do this: "Chocolate ice cream tastes the best" and then give you this proof; "chocolate is the way to go as over one-quarter (28%) say it is one of their two favorite ice cream flavors followed by vanilla (26%) and cookie dough/cookies and cream (22%). These are some of the results of The Harris Poll of 2,183 adults surveyed online between July 11 and 18, 2011 by Harris Interactive." ?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #39
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Yep, but if you are able to give a proper rationale, then it depends on the other persons level of intelligence whether or not it turns into a debate.

    But then what will you do if i do this: "Chocolate ice cream tastes the best" and then give you this proof; "chocolate is the way to go as over one-quarter (28%) say it is one of their two favorite ice cream flavors followed by vanilla (26%) and cookie dough/cookies and cream (22%). These are some of the results of The Harris Poll of 2,183 adults surveyed online between July 11 and 18, 2011 by Harris Interactive." ?
    If they can back up their point and it doesnt sound like they are just spewing shit out of their ass then generally leave them alone. It is the people who act like they know everything, spout out some nonsensical opinion that they probably haven't thought through themselves, and then act like that opinion is law that grate on me. Usually it is these same people who when you try to argue with them they either get extremely defense and act like by disagreeing with their idea you hate them as a person or something, or they hurridly try to change the subject and try to get me to shut up. Most people do not seem to want to be challenged. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt the first time this happens, but generally if it happens once it happens again and again.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Is it possible to be an introverted ENTP... I know not really but still...
    Sure. Your social extroversion is different to extroversion as a functionality. ENTPs get their energy from ideas, possibilities, novelty. Unless a conversation or socialising by other means provides that kind of stimulation, it's likely the ENTP would be bored. Certainly, extroversion doesn't mean 'people-person'. Nor does it mean they require any more social interaction than an introvert. Only that energy is absorbed and their focus is on the outside world, rather than their internal world, is correct.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you enjoy arguing with people?
    By Elfboy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 08:25 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Do you get along with people of your own type?
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs: Do you find working with people draining?
    By sharons in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:04 AM
  4. Messing With People's Heads
    By INTJMom in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO