First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    I am not an INTP, but I think that this is generally something that INTP's are certainly perceived by others as doing. They are very analytical and exact in their discussions with others and I think to people who are not used to this, it can seem like they are argumentative.

This is something that I love and is also a source of annoyance for me with my INTP. I playfully call him "Mr. Smug" and "Smart Ass," because he is always right and wins 99% of our discussions.
    You mean you lack the strain my sister taught me (also ENFJ) "I may not win but I'll be ***ed if I'm going to lose!"?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You mean you lack the strain my sister taught me (also ENFJ) "I may not win but I'll be ***ed if I'm going to lose!"?
    Ha! There are definitely times when we have argued almost "to the death!" I find it to be pretty fun discussing things, myself. The annoying thing for me is that he is honestly better prepared for many of our "discussions" than I am, so he can throw out specific facts that I may not have (note: specific and sometimes verbatim).

Neither of us are above whipping out our phone and saying, "Oh yea?! Let's look this up on Wikipedia! THEN we'll see who is right!" [emoji39]

OK, well that is what I say...he says (calmly), "Why don't we look it up?"

Smart Ass.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.
    Likes spirilis, Xander, Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It gives me moral justification for messing with them.

Also I'm amused by the idea of an apex predator.

The two are completely unrelated.

It would be insane for someone or god forbid a whole type of people to solely act out of a desire to amuse themselves. That can't be right.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

The problem when I argue is actually that I generally have no facts and I am hoping that no one notices that my argument is all conjecture. This is why my brother can beat me in pretty like 70% of arguments, he knows that I am full of something but that it sure isnt facts/solid data.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I don't go out of my way to cause conflict, but when someone is obviously spouting bullshit to get a reaction/spread lies, I do like to mess with them. You may have seen a bit of that from me already towards some people I couldn't care to mention right now.

I used to blog my views on a range of stuff to start debates etc but nobody wanted to play with me...
    Woah! Where can I find this blog?? And intp face to face debate show down?! bring it. Haha
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by laurapants08 View Post
    Woah! Where can I find this blog?? And intp face to face debate show down?! bring it. Haha
    I haven't updated it since October so there's a lot of stuff out of date on there. If I start it up again I'll send you a link!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I will say I love to gaslight and misrepresent on purpose, playing with context and literal meaning until the other person is exasperated. Often this is just a game, sometimes it's a bit more malicious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I haven't updated it since October so there's a lot of stuff out of date on there. If I start it up again I'll send you a link!
    Please do

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Yeah it is more like I enjoy playing games with people. Sometimes I will pretend I am alot dumber than I am in real life to get the person all confident that they are going to win an argument. They use their best stuff, and then I know all of their points, so then I swoop in with my best stuff and like totally shock them. I really like arguing IRL for the sake of arguing, I always have, especially with people in positions of authority or people who spout what they think are absolute truths.

Sometimes I mess with people just to mess with people though, like I will pretend to have some obnoxious view point and I will pull out a bunch of over the top defenses for it. Or I will pretend to be something I am not, like I will pretend to be french or something and not speak english. Ask waitor calorie amounts in everything because I am on an all I can eat diet. In high school I used to make up all kinds of lies to get out of doing stuff, I am a pretty obnoxious person in real life.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post