User Tag List

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni

Default An NT as a forensic scientist...your thoughts?

What are your thoughts on an NT going into the forensic science path???

I'm maybe starting this year for my national diploma in South Africa for Crime Scene investigation, a forensic crime scene investigator,it sounds professional and where i come from you only have to be older than 16 and have passed grade 9 to take the 18-24 months course

it sounds like a quick fix, and Im in my last years of matric then I can get a real diploma,bachelor's whatever in forensic science then the real money starts to flow , I'm turning 18 this year

I also view this as a chance to try different jobs out

since i dunno what i want to become yet

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    What are your thoughts on an NT going into the forensic science path???

I'm maybe starting this year for my national diploma in South Africa for Crime Scene investigation, a forensic crime scene investigator,it sounds professional and where i come from you only have to be older than 16 and have passed grade 9 to take the 18-24 months course

it sounds like a quick fix, and Im in my last years of matric then I can get a real diploma,bachelor's whatever in forensic science then the real money starts to flow , I'm turning 18 this year

I also view this as a chance to try different jobs out

since i dunno what i want to become yet
    I don't know what South Africa schools are like in that field, but yes, if I were a teenager again planning my education, actually forensic science would be one area I'd be examining far more than I did. The main issue is how much structure and what type of science you would be handling, it does need a focus on following rigorous lab procedures I think (?), you can't be purely theoretical and would need to appreciate hard data as the basis of your conclusions... but blood spatter analysis or body identification or facial recreation/modelling or other things that involve a healthy amount of imagination as you process data from a crime scene? That could all be very cool.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Bnova liked this post

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know what South Africa schools are like in that field, but yes, if I were a teenager again planning my education, actually forensic science would be one area I'd be examining far more than I did. The main issue is how much structure and what type of science you would be handling, it does need a focus on following rigorous lab procedures I think (?), you can't be purely theoretical and would need to appreciate hard data as the basis of your conclusions... but blood spatter analysis or body identification or facial recreation/modelling or other things that involve a healthy amount of imagination as you process data from a crime scene? That could all be very cool.
    i was watching The Flash then i got inspiration for forensic science, then i watched sherlock and saw how he applied the science to solve his cases so all that hard data is totally second to me what comes first is like the stuff i write in my novel short stories, the novelty and the vision behind every crime scene is always first(subconsciously/consciously) for me ;-)