• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you think of SJs?

camilleluong

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Overall, they are very loyal and reliable. You can always count on them to get the job done. I like them in that aspect but would never want to be close friends or romantic mates with them.

hecait

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
My mother (ESFJ?) is married to an ISTJ. I have a very low opinion of him, but I can hardly use that experience to make a judgment of others.

cameo

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I read through this entire thread (almost word for word; maybe that's super SJ of me haha). Anyway, I am so sad about the dearth of SJs in general online and in forums like this because it often allows a lot of people who don't necessarily understand us to speak for us and give bad or misleading impressions. At any rate, one of my best friends is an ENFP and we have been close friends for years. MBTI and typology aside, we are TOTAL opposite kinds of people, but that does nothing to infringe on our relationship, we get along great and appreciate each other's strengths where the other is lacking. We drive each other crazy, but we definitely balance each other. My other best friend is an ESTJ and we are basically twins, as may be anticipated. My boyfriend is an ISTP and we have a mix of similarities and differences. It's obviously totally possible to get along with and be close with any number of different types, provided other factors like maturity, values, etc. mesh. It's about a lot more than type.

Mainly, I think it's kind of strange and unfortunate that OP would rather ask what people of a similar mindset think about a given type in a generalized fashion, rather than trying to get to know individuals of that given type and deciding for him/herself. (Although, to be fair, there does not seem to be a lot of active SJ types online, here or anywhere else, so I know I can't be super picky about that.)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can see how guardians can be reliable and how others would see them that way, but that's not what I've experienced. In my life, they almost always ended up being stupid, full of it, and unable to do even the simplest things without messing everything up. They like to make it seem as though they did what was required (and that it was someone else that failed) and then go on to claim they should be rewarded/acknowledged for what they've done, but it never ends up being true. They are frequently unethical, and I wouldn't trust them with anything. They like to look the part and to appear ethical, strict, reliable, and trustworthy, but it always ends up being more BS.

All of what you stated is true. I work for a non-profit organization and there is a woman who fits this description to a tee. Even her superiors are pissed at her. Me, I didn't like her attempts to cozy up to people, then tear them down when they aren't present. For SJs, particularly unhealthy, unchecked ones, they care about projecting an image of reliability and fortitude without actually embodying any of those things.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
There are probably a lot more sjs on this site and some of you are mistyped.

á´…eparted

passages
By and large I get along with them well, usually can work with them well, and generally like them. I've been known to get immensely frustrated with some ISTJ's who are far too heavily focused on process over goal, but outside of that I do well with them and there's a decent chunk of mutual respect.

I don't think so. Generally speaking most people on here are correctly typed as far as I can tell, and the few that aren't acknowledge this and often don't label a type.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ's:
-Like.

ESFJ's:
-6 more weeks of winter.

ESTJ's and ISFJ's:
-I don't know any(well).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a biased Keirsey fuelled thread title and opening post, and the OP has little understanding of accurate typological knowledge or else one would see Si users in a fascinatingly different perception that would expand certain differences we do not notice. It is easy for me to say I do not get along with certain stereotypes, but now that you have levelled MBTI to stereotypes, you've lost a mental game. The narrowing walls of understanding.

To answer, I think of them each on an individual basis. I have found many to be a pleasure, and many to be grating, as the same with SPs, NJs, and NPs.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ESTJs: Based as fuck. Pretty badass. Names like Gunneary Sargeant Hartman, Judge Judy, George W. Bush come to mind.
ISTJs: Very good. They're extremely logical, down to earth and the introverted trait makes them basically robots which is also cool. Humans are obsolete, robots are the new fad. I think of Spock from Star Trek.
ISFJ: Make the best moms and arguebly good girlfriends. I like how they care and fight to defend what they love. Love is an important word.
ESFJ: Never looked into ESFJs. From what I know, they're the typical cheerleaders of higschool football teams. If that stereotype is mostly true, then there's nothing good about ESFJs except they're hot.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

This. I'd say a lot of people who call themselves INTJs might just be a bunch of ISTJs.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
This. I'd say a lot of people who call themselves INTJs might just be a bunch of ISTJs.

A lot of internet N types are probably S types. Many just want to feel like special snowflakes.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
A lot of internet N types are probably S types. Many just want to feel like special snowflakes.

Of course. INTJs and ENTJs combined make roughly 1.2% of the world's population.
And special snowflakes need to hang from trees.

/DG/

Of course. INTJs and ENTJs combined make roughly 1.2% of the world's population.

The thing is that this was done by a home phone survey. Who the hell would actually take the time to sit down and answer something like that that wasn't 80 years old?

I would really love it if a more modern and survey could be done with a higher degree of external validity.

I would suspect that there might be a decent amount of big five data out there because it is more accepted within the scientific community. Because the big five roughly correlates to MBTI, you could get a rough estimate that way.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The thing is that this was done by a home phone survey. Who the hell would actually take the time to sit down and answer something like that that wasn't 80 years old.

I would really love it if a more modern and survey could be done with a higher degree if external validity.

I would suspect that there might be a decent amount of big five data out there because it is more accepted within the scientific community. Because the big five roughly correlates to MBTI, you could get a rough estimate that way.

Not sure how the Big Five works, so I'll refrain from moving ahead on this discussion.
The only Big Fives I know are the fingers of each of my hands and the UNSC.

/DG/

Not sure how the Big Five works, so I'll refrain from moving ahead on this discussion.
The only Big Fives I know are the fingers of each of my hands and the UNSC.
There's nothing you really need to know about it other than...1. it is a personality test, 2. it can be roughly correlated to MBTI, and 3. it is more widely accepted in the scientific community

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly? If anything, I probably think better of them after learning about MBTI. (That's what I liked about it - very enlightenng tool to better understand people. )

I did always have a dislike of overly comformist, rigid and close-minded people - not necessarily synonymous with SJs but often how the less pleasant examples turned out - though obsly with a 'live & let live/ not my busines caveat'

People made a lot more sense since I found out what a 'Sensor' (and particularly a SJ) is and that most people are like that.

Example: 'Why are they so obsessed with what everyone wore at that event?' Answer: They aren't. I would have to obsessively pay attention to retain that, they just naturally do & thus mention it as part of their everyday experience.

It's helped me appreciate their Si 'superpowers' & simultaneously feel better about not having those myself and maybe be fairer - I still hate bigots & mindless comformists like the plague, but, it's important to not do an injustice to consider, 'Is that person a bigot or do they just need time to adapt because they use familiarity to orient themselves & some people might have a higher need for cognitive closure & stability than me.'

It should be remembered that we're talking about up to (or somewhat less) than half of humanity here. ESJs wouldn't be my 1st choice for friends (just for practicality reasons; Not much in common, likely to clash, different values... chances are they might not like me? - not that there was never any I got along with but I also remember many unpleasant examples) but I have several ESJ family members that I love to bits. With them ISJs it's heavily hit or miss, the more bookish individuals can be great.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Example: 'Why are they so obsessed with what everyone wore at that event?' Answer: They aren't. I would have to obsessively pay attention to retain that, they just naturally do & thus mention it as part of their everyday experience.
^ 100% this. It's so easy to project this sort of thing onto people, and one of my favorite things about personality typology overall (especially the MBTI) is that if you approach it mindfully, it helps you eliminate that projection as much as possible.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't judge all NP types based off poor interactions with my NP family members and internet stereotypes and appreciate it when others do the same. NPs can be pretty cool. The majority of my friends happen to be other SJs because birds of a feather flock together I guess? But I could get along well with more NPs.

On another note, I miss RandomINTP. I loved waking up every morning and wondering what shit he'd stirred up overnight. :(

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
As an INTP the most problematic SJ type for me is the ESFJ. I find them tunnel visioned and forceful. Not a good combination for INTP who values self reflection, respects individualism and seeing the big picture.

I find the "I" and "T" can give SJ some internal reflection capability and balances out their exterior persona in a way that makes them more acceptable to me.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They certainly care about me, claim to have never cared about another person the same they do about me. My life is filled with them.

But I doubt that they will ever have the access to the core of my soul, or will ever fully understand me and my cause.

But who ever does?

(ESFJ mum, ESFJ ex boyfriend and almost soulmate of nearly 10 years, ISTJ ex boyfriend, ESTJ current boyfriend, ESFJ good friend of 6 years)