User Tag List

First 678910 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by 1010830 View Post
    This. I'd say a lot of people who call themselves INTJs might just be a bunch of ISTJs.
    A lot of internet N types are probably S types. Many just want to feel like special snowflakes.
    Likes themightyfetus, yama liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    A lot of internet N types are probably S types. Many just want to feel like special snowflakes.
    Of course. INTJs and ENTJs combined make roughly 1.2% of the world's population.
    And special snowflakes need to hang from trees.

your resident asshole

Of course. INTJs and ENTJs combined make roughly 1.2% of the world's population.
    The thing is that this was done by a home phone survey. Who the hell would actually take the time to sit down and answer something like that that wasn't 80 years old?

I would really love it if a more modern and survey could be done with a higher degree of external validity.

I would suspect that there might be a decent amount of big five data out there because it is more accepted within the scientific community. Because the big five roughly correlates to MBTI, you could get a rough estimate that way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    The thing is that this was done by a home phone survey. Who the hell would actually take the time to sit down and answer something like that that wasn't 80 years old.

I would really love it if a more modern and survey could be done with a higher degree if external validity.

I would suspect that there might be a decent amount of big five data out there because it is more accepted within the scientific community. Because the big five roughly correlates to MBTI, you could get a rough estimate that way.
    Not sure how the Big Five works, so I'll refrain from moving ahead on this discussion.
    The only Big Fives I know are the fingers of each of my hands and the UNSC.

your resident asshole

Not sure how the Big Five works, so I'll refrain from moving ahead on this discussion.
    The only Big Fives I know are the fingers of each of my hands and the UNSC.
    There's nothing you really need to know about it other than...1. it is a personality test, 2. it can be roughly correlated to MBTI, and 3. it is more widely accepted in the scientific community

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Honestly? If anything, I probably think better of them after learning about MBTI. (That's what I liked about it - very enlightenng tool to better understand people. )

I did always have a dislike of overly comformist, rigid and close-minded people - not necessarily synonymous with SJs but often how the less pleasant examples turned out - though obsly with a 'live & let live/ not my busines caveat'

People made a lot more sense since I found out what a 'Sensor' (and particularly a SJ) is and that most people are like that.

Example: 'Why are they so obsessed with what everyone wore at that event?' Answer: They aren't. I would have to obsessively pay attention to retain that, they just naturally do & thus mention it as part of their everyday experience.

It's helped me appreciate their Si 'superpowers' & simultaneously feel better about not having those myself and maybe be fairer - I still hate bigots & mindless comformists like the plague, but, it's important to not do an injustice to consider, 'Is that person a bigot or do they just need time to adapt because they use familiarity to orient themselves & some people might have a higher need for cognitive closure & stability than me.'

It should be remembered that we're talking about up to (or somewhat less) than half of humanity here. ESJs wouldn't be my 1st choice for friends (just for practicality reasons; Not much in common, likely to clash, different values... chances are they might not like me? - not that there was never any I got along with but I also remember many unpleasant examples) but I have several ESJ family members that I love to bits. With them ISJs it's heavily hit or miss, the more bookish individuals can be great.
    Likes cascadeco, EJCC, Smilephantomhive, Xander liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrix View Post
    Example: 'Why are they so obsessed with what everyone wore at that event?' Answer: They aren't. I would have to obsessively pay attention to retain that, they just naturally do & thus mention it as part of their everyday experience.
    ^ 100% this. It's so easy to project this sort of thing onto people, and one of my favorite things about personality typology overall (especially the MBTI) is that if you approach it mindfully, it helps you eliminate that projection as much as possible.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I don't judge all NP types based off poor interactions with my NP family members and internet stereotypes and appreciate it when others do the same. NPs can be pretty cool. The majority of my friends happen to be other SJs because birds of a feather flock together I guess? But I could get along well with more NPs.

On another note, I miss RandomINTP. I loved waking up every morning and wondering what shit he'd stirred up overnight.

MBTI
    INTP

As an INTP the most problematic SJ type for me is the ESFJ. I find them tunnel visioned and forceful. Not a good combination for INTP who values self reflection, respects individualism and seeing the big picture.

I find the "I" and "T" can give SJ some internal reflection capability and balances out their exterior persona in a way that makes them more acceptable to me.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

They certainly care about me, claim to have never cared about another person the same they do about me. My life is filled with them.

But I doubt that they will ever have the access to the core of my soul, or will ever fully understand me and my cause.

But who ever does?

(ESFJ mum, ESFJ ex boyfriend and almost soulmate of nearly 10 years, ISTJ ex boyfriend, ESTJ current boyfriend, ESFJ good friend of 6 years)
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |