User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Overall, they are very loyal and reliable. You can always count on them to get the job done. I like them in that aspect but would never want to be close friends or romantic mates with them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My mother (ESFJ?) is married to an ISTJ. I have a very low opinion of him, but I can hardly use that experience to make a judgment of others.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I read through this entire thread (almost word for word; maybe that's super SJ of me haha). Anyway, I am so sad about the dearth of SJs in general online and in forums like this because it often allows a lot of people who don't necessarily understand us to speak for us and give bad or misleading impressions. At any rate, one of my best friends is an ENFP and we have been close friends for years. MBTI and typology aside, we are TOTAL opposite kinds of people, but that does nothing to infringe on our relationship, we get along great and appreciate each other's strengths where the other is lacking. We drive each other crazy, but we definitely balance each other. My other best friend is an ESTJ and we are basically twins, as may be anticipated. My boyfriend is an ISTP and we have a mix of similarities and differences. It's obviously totally possible to get along with and be close with any number of different types, provided other factors like maturity, values, etc. mesh. It's about a lot more than type.

Mainly, I think it's kind of strange and unfortunate that OP would rather ask what people of a similar mindset think about a given type in a generalized fashion, rather than trying to get to know individuals of that given type and deciding for him/herself. (Although, to be fair, there does not seem to be a lot of active SJ types online, here or anywhere else, so I know I can't be super picky about that.)
    So what if I don't have a lot to talk about?/
    I shut my mouth and keep it locked until it counts/
    And what if I don't ever want to leave my house?/
    Stay on the couch while all my friends are going out/
    I'll make the journey down the hall back to my room/
    And kill more time, and let it rot inside its tomb/
    See, I ain't one to climb some social ladder to/
    Some Shangri-La that all the cool kids will abuse/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    I can see how guardians can be reliable and how others would see them that way, but that's not what I've experienced. In my life, they almost always ended up being stupid, full of it, and unable to do even the simplest things without messing everything up. They like to make it seem as though they did what was required (and that it was someone else that failed) and then go on to claim they should be rewarded/acknowledged for what they've done, but it never ends up being true. They are frequently unethical, and I wouldn't trust them with anything. They like to look the part and to appear ethical, strict, reliable, and trustworthy, but it always ends up being more BS.

All of what you stated is true. I work for a non-profit organization and there is a woman who fits this description to a tee. Even her superiors are pissed at her. Me, I didn't like her attempts to cozy up to people, then tear them down when they aren't present. For SJs, particularly unhealthy, unchecked ones, they care about projecting an image of reliability and fortitude without actually embodying any of those things.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

There are probably a lot more sjs on this site and some of you are mistyped.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

By and large I get along with them well, usually can work with them well, and generally like them. I've been known to get immensely frustrated with some ISTJ's who are far too heavily focused on process over goal, but outside of that I do well with them and there's a decent chunk of mutual respect.

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    I don't think so. Generally speaking most people on here are correctly typed as far as I can tell, and the few that aren't acknowledge this and often don't label a type.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

ISTJ's:
    -Like.

ESFJ's:
    -6 more weeks of winter.

ESTJ's and ISFJ's:
    -I don't know any(well).
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

This is a biased Keirsey fuelled thread title and opening post, and the OP has little understanding of accurate typological knowledge or else one would see Si users in a fascinatingly different perception that would expand certain differences we do not notice. It is easy for me to say I do not get along with certain stereotypes, but now that you have levelled MBTI to stereotypes, you've lost a mental game. The narrowing walls of understanding.

To answer, I think of them each on an individual basis. I have found many to be a pleasure, and many to be grating, as the same with SPs, NJs, and NPs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

ESTJs: Based as fuck. Pretty badass. Names like Gunneary Sargeant Hartman, Judge Judy, George W. Bush come to mind.
    ISTJs: Very good. They're extremely logical, down to earth and the introverted trait makes them basically robots which is also cool. Humans are obsolete, robots are the new fad. I think of Spock from Star Trek.
    ISFJ: Make the best moms and arguebly good girlfriends. I like how they care and fight to defend what they love. Love is an important word.
    ESFJ: Never looked into ESFJs. From what I know, they're the typical cheerleaders of higschool football teams. If that stereotype is mostly true, then there's nothing good about ESFJs except they're hot.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    This. I'd say a lot of people who call themselves INTJs might just be a bunch of ISTJs.