• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you think of SJs?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This. Isn't SJ the most common of the temperaments? So this is like asking, "what do you think of most people?"

I adore my ESFJ sister. She's very funny, intelligent, caring, and doesn't suffer fools gladly.

I can't stand my ISTJ former coworker. He was humorless, dull, and overly attached to procedures for their own sake.

Most I probably don't have an opinion about.

Isn't SJ like maybe 35%ish of the population? I don't think "most" people would count. Now if we were talking all sensors I'd buy more into that question.

Permabanned
very important to keep the fabric of society running in order to support the rest of the slackers

Lark

I don't think he's the only one. Come, join us! Leave the weirdos and become a normo.

It's what you really want! It's probably also why you feel as if your opinion and thinking is rare here; because there aren't many SJ's on the forum.

No my opinions are rare because this place is a raving liberal and libertarian cess pit, I get labelled an SJ because my opinions dissent from that position and that is thought to be SJ.

Its mistaken though. Repeating a mistake doesnt make it right either.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This. Isn't SJ the most common of the temperaments? So this is like asking, "what do you think of most people?"
If tests are to be believed, yes. But we tend to denigrate those tests, so...

Jaguar

I can't stand my ISTJ former coworker. He was humorless, dull, and overly attached to procedures for their own sake.

I just got off the phone with a probable ISTJ attorney. At all costs, he must be seen as an authority or expert. I've dealt with far too many. In medicine and the law, it can be extreme. Sense of humor? Surgically removed at birth. I'm frequently told they never met anyone like me. Why - because I don't blindly accept their incompetent horse shit as gospel, and dare to question them and disagree? Ridiculous. And yes, even if it's illogical and can wreak havoc on the big picture, by all means - follow the idiotic procedure.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^Annoying. But by no means representative of ISTJs and definitely not SJs.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
They are a pleasant bunch who can be quite agreeable if u know how to speak their language

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The warmest people I have met are ESFJs. One of my best friends is an ESTJ, he's one of the biggest assholes I know.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The warmest people I have met are ESFJs. One of my best friends is an ESTJ, he's one of the biggest assholes I know.
It's nice that you don't discriminate against assholes.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's nice that you don't discriminate against assholes.

If I didn't, most of humanity wouldn't qualify.

In all seriousness, I find a kind of amoral amusement in jerkwadery within certain limits, mostly because it's a refreshing change of pace and causes situations that otherwise wouldn't be possible. I'm pretty sure he's e6. Befriending him took about a year of taking his directed and intentional antagonism, probably prompted by my lax-seeming nature, and then all of a sudden he switched gears and was the most loyal friend ever, it was astounding. It didn't make him that much nicer, though. His wife is an INTJ and she's one of my favorite people. That's not related to anything at all, but definitely worth mentioning.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
No my opinions are rare because this place is a raving liberal and libertarian cess pit, I get labelled an SJ because my opinions dissent from that position and that is thought to be SJ.

Its mistaken though. Repeating a mistake doesnt make it right either.

That's just your opinion. Mistaking opinion for fact is hard core SJ 101.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
And what is mistaking fact for someones opinion?

Facts require proof. You cannot mistake fact for opinion if you follow the principals of proof.

But if you do it is called denial. With MBTI all evidence is based in heuristics and so can never step away from opinion.

Lark

Facts require proof. You cannot mistake fact for opinion if you follow the principals of proof.

But if you do it is called denial. With MBTI all evidence is based in heuristics and so can never step away from opinion.

Your post reads like views other than your own will always be considered opinion, views which are yours are facts and none shall prevail against it.

I've encountered it before. Its pretty common place here. Just as certain members or topics can be insulted or treated with hostility contra forum rules but others can not.

Maybe its just people though.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Your post reads like views other than your own will always be considered opinion, views which are yours are facts and none shall prevail against it.

I've encountered it before. Its pretty common place here. Just as certain members or topics can be insulted or treated with hostility contra forum rules but others can not.

Maybe its just people though.

That sounds like a projection. I was talking specifically within the context of type in my second paragraph but replying generally to your broad question about facts in the first, I think it was quite clear.

Basically type is just a convenient framing device for reality and regardless of what I or you think it never becomes fact, you can be whatever type you want to be and so can I. As for my views, they are closer to water in nature except they are shaped by new information and experiences as opposed to an external shape from an object.

Don't mistake confidence of opinion with certainty.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like them. They're practical and easygoing and down-to-earth. And they're almost always responsible and conscientious, and those traits are becoming increasingly rare. I get along better with the introverted ones, but I've known plenty of ESTJs and ESFJs who were pretty awesome. (Shout out to [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], [MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION], and [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION]!)

This pretty much mirrors my experience. I think that each of the types are pretty different but they share the common characteristics of being responsible, practical and conscientious. Generally, I love SJs. They are a perfect compliment to me in that they tend to be good at things I suck at. In real life, I have strong and trusting relationships with a lot of SJs.

As to specifics of different types:
ESTJs I know take charge and get things done. They can be assertive and good leaders with great focus on driving others to conclusion on things. At worst, they can be oppressive and narrow minded. ISTJs tend to be experts and super conscientious. They are perhaps the most reliable type I can think of. They just get stuff done. At worst, they can be worry worts, nitpick about minutia or be controlling. ISFJs can be the kindest, most responsible and caring people I can think of. At worst they can be passive aggressive and silently judgmental. ESFJs have social skills that I admire and respect. They can really make others feel appreciated, are encouraging and are wonderful hosts at social gatherings. They can work with very difficult people with great success. At worst they can be petty, backstabbing and gossips that can be over-involved in their children's lives.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
A better question would be what do NT's think of introverted sensing.

Lark

That sounds like a projection. I was talking specifically within the context of type in my second paragraph but replying generally to your broad question about facts in the first, I think it was quite clear.

Basically type is just a convenient framing device for reality and regardless of what I or you think it never becomes fact, you can be whatever type you want to be and so can I. As for my views, they are closer to water in nature except they are shaped by new information and experiences as opposed to an external shape from an object.

Don't mistake confidence of opinion with certainty.

I think what you mean is that certainty does not equal fact if something is an untested/unverified hypothesis.

I've done a lot of tests online and read a lot of sources before I concluded that I was NT, although all those seperate sources which did not verify the SJ idea are easily dismissed by anyone who is plugging away at that, the suggestion that SJs are conservative and NTs are either corporate libertarian or liberal visionaries I think is reflection of this forum too and in part why the labelling of people happens as it does, although there's two or three other things in play too, knowledge of peoples professions, also knowledge of what people believe they themselves to be and therefore if they clash with others what they believe those others "ought" to be according to their conclusions about themselves.

That's all brimming with confirmation bias. Its fair to ask why would one position suffer from the confirmation bias while others wouldnt, all I could say is that I've tested on a wide variety of different available quizes on and off line as the same, the I/E is borderline and that's the only thing which changes, and to my mind that is about as scientific, in terms of self-report tests, as you can get, more so than "from the little I've seen of you and know of you on this forum I think", kind of thing.

The role anyone finds themselves in can alter this, I read about teams in my work completing MBTI quizes and entire groups of people testing as exactly the same, ie ESTJ or ESFJ, which to my mind indicated little more than the candidates were thinking hard about what they thought the desired outcome would be and gamed the quizes to demonstrate that they were extroverted, sensitive, feeling and upheld the rules and expectations of their agency.