User Tag List

First 8910

@Coffee_Yum

What made you think that ISFJ's would fit that role of religious leaders? Leaders kind of imply extroversion. At least in your ideas. So do your switcheroo with ESFJ :p

I say you have a fairly little understanding of the types to put ESFJ's so narrow like that (I mean being mother is a huge and wonderful responsibility) and how you typed all the other types in that category.
    Likes yama liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_Yum View Post
    Had a discussion regarding how different types can offer best to society.

Health and Well-being
    I/ENFJs are counselors and nurses
    I/ENFPs are artists and masters of providing cultural experiences
    ESTJs are law enforcers

Infrastructures
    ISTP

Economy
    I/ENTPs generates original ideas
    INTJs turns these ideas into products
    ENTJs markets the products out to people
    ISTJs handles distribution and trade
    ESTPs are the hippy end users (the greatest product is useless to the economy if no one buys them right?)

Sports and Entertainment
    I/ESFPs are great entertainers

Religion
    ISFJs are religious leaders

Population Growth
    ESFJs are best at raising children

After we made the list our first impression was: ESFJs can offer best is pretty low in importance, since earth is already over-populated, at the same time diminishing energy and resources is gradually becoming a problem. We still need to breed obviously or else aging population globally would be a huge issue, but isn't it more beneficial in today's society to reduce the proportion of ESFJs? Seems to me like opportunity cost could be at play here the more ESFJs there are. Hmm......

I am INTP so it's easy for me to think this way, but I was talking with an INFJ and she agreed hahahaha......

I think we definitely need more NFs around especially in major cities of the world since lifestyles in metropolitan are becoming more stressful year after year, and mental illnesses never get the recognition they deserve. WE NEED BETTER RELIEF FOR THE SOUL.

Disclaimer: I'm not some evil mastermind who's into genocide. I'm speaking purely hypothetical and purely for fun. Know that I hold no grudge against types, only ever individuals. (Yes if I hate you I hate you for life hahahaha......)
    Nice to know that, based on my Myers-Briggs type, my only contribution to society is my vagina.

At least if we're talking about child-bearing/producing.

But seriously. This really is sadly limiting.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes yama, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

At least my ESFJ uterus is a nice little cave for the NTP fetuses to generate their ideas.

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Yep it was generalizing. I shared it for entertainment values. I showed little understanding in my post because it would not be fun if it becomes too serious.

So to answer your question the stereotyped ISFJ are enjoy pleasing others especially authorities and is therefore more prone to being devoted to a religion. Spiritual "leader" is an exaggerated expression for entertainment sake.

On the ESFJ I wasn't only putting them narrowly, I did that to everyone even my own type. Anyway you get the humor or you don't. I meant not to offend but to amuse hahahaha...

Here's a little article on putting all 16 types into the hunger game and describe how each one will fare. Full of stereotyping but I find it fun to read if anyone is also interested.

Here’s What Would Happen If We Put All The Myers-Briggs Characters Into The Hunger Games Together | Thought Catalog

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Nice to know that, based on my Myers-Briggs type, my only contribution to society is my vagina.

At least if we're talking about child-bearing/producing.

But seriously. This really is sadly limiting.
    I specifically used the words "raising" children not "bearing" children. I'm sure you will make a better mum than I ever would as a dad. The fact that Type INTP as idea generators implies we are too lazy to put these ideas into action and needs the INTJs to do that for us. It is limiting but that was the point and you're not alone. Like I already said it was not serious.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_Yum View Post
    I specifically used the words "raising" children not "bearing" children. I'm sure you will make a better mum than I ever would as a dad. The fact that Type INTP as idea generators implies we are too lazy to put these ideas into action and needs the INTJs to do that for us. It is limiting but that was the point and you're not alone. Like I already said it was not serious.
    Maybe I'm being too uptight, but these extremely narrow "non-serious" things really deter people from wanting to identify with a certain type, even if they are that type (the ESFJ/ENFP epidemic).

I apologize that I interpreted your post wrong. Still, it is upsetting that ESFJs always seem to be limited to child-raising alone. Have you ever seen an ESFJ's Ne in action? SFJs can certainly make use of their Ne and Ti. Quite well.

And telling me that I'm not alone is not comforting. Neither I, you, or anyone else is to be put in a group for a specific fate.

Sorry if I come off as rude or harsh. I don't mean to be (I'm stressed out; we've all been there).

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

I like some SJs because I admire the strengths they have that I do not. For example, they tend to not make errors in formal proofs because they are more meticulous. I notice some NTPs that I respect seemed to have marrieds STJs. I think INTJ + ISTJ can be a good combo as well.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny. -Stephen Hawking

Meet Richard P. Feynman

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe I'm being too uptight, but these extremely narrow "non-serious" things really deter people from wanting to identify with a certain type, even if they are that type (the ESFJ/ENFP epidemic).
    I don't know. For me I have no desire to identify with or be identified by someone who's so easily influenced by these silly posts, but that's an INTP perception, not ESFJ. And you may not believe it but I actually despise any serious generalisation of a person. I actually don't put any values into mechanisms like this that groups people into a specific number of types. I only find these grossly simplified and inaccurate theories that tries to explain every single individual person in the world amusing.

I apologize that I interpreted your post wrong. Still, it is upsetting that ESFJs always seem to be limited to child-raising alone. Have you ever seen an ESFJ's Ne in action? SFJs can certainly make use of their Ne and Ti. Quite well.

And telling me that I'm not alone is not comforting. Neither I, you, or anyone else is to be put in a group for a specific fate.

Sorry if I come off as rude or harsh. I don't mean to be (I'm stressed out; we've all been there).
    No offense taken nor meant to deliver. I believe every type can learn to better themselves through developing their tertiary and inferior functions. Going beyond that life experience is something that theories alone can never fully explain. I sense a somewhat underlying frustration here, almost like you are fed up with constantly getting put down, presumably by NTs. Know this: we NTs don't socialize well in real life, that's why we are more active in these forums. You participating here more or less puts you at a disadvantage in numbers. But in real life situations NTs don't stand a chance in sustaining a social conversation as well as you do. I would also say that anyone, not just NTs, who truly believe they can narrowly classify types and apply those theories to every human being needs more development.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

In a way I would enjoy being a religious leader, I do decently enough at giving flamboyant speeches filled with empty promises.

What would readily come to the extroverted I would have to force, of course. But for that you'd only need leave me alone for a few days afterwards.
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post