User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: OK ENTPs...

  1. #31
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    omg. is a girl involved? this sounds like a love thing.
    Eh, that is where the stress is coming from, guaranteed. The issue I was getting annoyed about is more a side issue that has just recently been resolved ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #32
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If someone said that to me I would get frusterated with them. Part of my sloving problems it to tumble it around in my mind simplifying it and organizing as I go. If I am talking to someone it is because I no longer have the capasity to break it down to satisfaction. I can't see an answer and will pry for new info to consider. As others offer their opinions of solution I will tumble their ideas as well and can quickly disregaurd them if A) I have already thought of and discredited the idea or B) it is not relevant to the end I have in mind.

    When I am doing this I am trying to fix the problem.

    So your statement would make me mad because you didn't realize that I was trying to fix it, and didn't offer any relevant ideas. And "I'm sorry was I bothering you with trying to fix something that you can't see the answer to either?"

    Not proud but probable.
    Eh, I guess really I've just been tapped out by 6 months of him having girl troubles that this newer issue was a straw about to break the camel's back...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #33
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    My reaction: thanks, I needed that.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  4. #34
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Say you are having an issue with something and you have a quiet somewhat supportive roommate who you've been going on about this issue with. Suddenly he turns around and tells you to quit bitching or or solve the problem. What's your reaction?
    Firstly I'd be surprised to have given someone cause to say that, since 99% of the time the FIRST thing I do is solve the problem and get precious little satisfaction out of talking about it unless it's with a view to solving it.

    The reason I might talk about it prior to solving it might be to bounce it off someone else to see what they can come out with that I might not've thought of before. And also to figure things out and put them into perspective by seeing the reactions of the other person to what I say.

    When I have a problem I usually start from a default position of thinking it's "just me", and that my feelings are probably irrational and unreasonable and best just rationalized away. If it gets to a point when I'm talking to someone about it, it's usually because I've been trying to rationalize it but it's not working, so I need to hear another person's view as to whether my feeling that this a) is a problem, b) needs to be addressed and c) can be solved, is actually valid.

    I've usually considered every perspective I can think of before I start to talk about it with another person, and am very well aware of the views, feelings and needs of other people involved in the issue. Those awarenesses have been what was holding me back from acting, because my tendency when balancing my emotional needs against those of others tends to be that if someone's gonna make the sacrifice and not be entirely happy with a situation, it's gonna be me because after all I'm the flexible one, I'm the one that can usually find a way to make most situations workable for me whilst others seem to have more particular needs.

    So what I don't need is the other person telling me the other people's points of view, and replying to my expressions of my POV things like "but they're probably just feeling like..." and other excuses/whatever for the other people's behaviour. I've already considered all of that. What I'm wondering is whether there's any validity to my point of view. That's what I need help with.

    Until I can get some help with that, I'll hold back from acting and just keep trying to rationalize and flex around everyone else, no matter how much anger, resentment or frustration it causes me to have to keep on blocking and bottling up and ignoring. Cos the alternative is to risk creating a hoo-haa and get people changing things or whatever, on account of my feelings, which might not be valid/reasonable/rational. Which is anathema.

    If I have completely driven my friend crazy to the point where they have had enough as you describe in the OP, and they actually say that, then I'd think it's time to close off the P functions and make like a J and say "Okay, quit looking for missing bits of info, it's time to act, it really is. Just make a fucking decision and let the chips fall where they may."
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  5. #35
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    PS. Trouble is, if you live with an ENTP, you're gonna have to resign yourself to hearing a lot about their issues because that's part of the whole Ne primary condition... we think by talking, can't really solve our problems without having to bounce them off other people. In the case of the ENTP in particular, I do think that the tendency, at least with me and a couple of other ENTP's I know, is to keep 'bouncing' until you get a clear idea from the cosmos as to whether your feelings/impulses are actually valid and worth acting on; that the decision you want to make, needs to be made.

    Best thing if you want the dude to STFU is listen to what he says he thinks he should do and say very firmly, "Yes, I think you should do that. I agree, that's a good plan. That's what I'd do. That's what anyone else would do, go ahead and do it."

    Then he will. Don't worry, if it all goes pear shaped he won't blame you for endorsing it... probably

    If he still doesn't, then just keep saying to him "you know what you have to do, I don't wanna hear anything else until you've done it!"
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  6. #36
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    PS. Trouble is, if you live with an ENTP, you're gonna have to resign yourself to hearing a lot about their issues because that's part of the whole Ne primary condition... we think by talking, can't really solve our problems without having to bounce them off other people. In the case of the ENTP in particular, I do think that the tendency, at least with me and a couple of other ENTP's I know, is to keep 'bouncing' until you get a clear idea from the cosmos as to whether your feelings/impulses are actually valid and worth acting on; that the decision you want to make, needs to be made.
    Yeah I've figured this part...

    Best thing if you want the dude to STFU is listen to what he says he thinks he should do and say very firmly, "Yes, I think you should do that. I agree, that's a good plan. That's what I'd do. That's what anyone else would do, go ahead and do it."

    Then he will. Don't worry, if it all goes pear shaped he won't blame you for endorsing it... probably

    If he still doesn't, then just keep saying to him "you know what you have to do, I don't wanna hear anything else until you've done it!"
    I did this since February, but apparently woman issues don't exactly go away all that easily. The issue I was getting fed up with was actually unrelated to his problem with the opposite sex, but the temptation was there to tell him to actually do something about it.

    By the way, what's with walking into my room, standing beside me and looking lost while saying nothing? I don't have a problem with him walking in, the door was open, but standing there lost and quiet kinda feels wierd...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #37
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Crying on one shoulder, should be never be annoying, dumbass xD
    I mean, seriously!!! NTs have hearts, too. And if he's being an ass rat, tell him where he can go. It's not an NT thing, it's a jerk thing.

    Though if he is really stressed....well, he might react in a "Jerky" kind of way without meaning it. So I think the suggestion is good.

    My husband usually asks, "Now, think about what you say. Did you really mean what you just said?" Makes any intelligent person shut the hell up and think twice mostly because of the way he says it.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  8. #38
    Member Shadowrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    By the way, what's with walking into my room, standing beside me and looking lost while saying nothing? I don't have a problem with him walking in, the door was open, but standing there lost and quiet kinda feels wierd...
    I couldn't help but LOL when I read this.. if only because I do that at least once a week to my roommate. I'll also randomly walk into his room, sit down beside him while he's sleeping and smoke. He eventually wakes up and blinks at me.. I think he's used to it. For me, at least, it's either because I actually wanted to say something to a person, but forgot what I wanted to say by the time I got to them (Yeah. That 3 microsecond trip can be mentally exhausting. xD) or because I'm lonely and just want to be around another body.

    ..I actually do that at work, too. I'll get up and walk over to a coworker's cube and realize I had no idea why and just kind of blink at them. Then I go back to my cube leaving them exasperated and confused.

    My short term memory basically sucks.

  9. #39
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    yeah I see myself in what Shadowrose says

    woman troubles, no they don't go away so easily... but then in that case your answer to him is "dump her then". Then he'll tell you all the reasons why he doesn't want to do that, thereby talking himself into not doing so and appreciating his relationship with her more. Put it to him that he has a threefold option: dump her, put up with whatever's bothering you in silence, or talk about it to her and try to find a solution/compromise.

    Then again, we're notoriously awful at compromises, us ENxP's...

    Rule no.1 in dealing with ENTP's: if you're tempted to say something/tell them something, then DON'T resist that temptation!!! We rely quite heavily on the views and stuff that other people present to us, their reactions and stuff. Witholding your opinion on his behaviour or problem to avoid 'being mean' is as pointless and unconstructive as witholding from an INFP how much it means to you emotionally that they make time to talk to you on a certain occasion and letting them carry on playing WoW whilst thinking you really mean it when you say 'y'know that's fine, it wasn't important' and go away feeling lost and alone... lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  10. #40
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Eh, I'm pretty sure I just had a burn out moment. Two weeks of being proded by both an ENTP and an ENTJ seems to do that after a while... LOL ^_^

    Supposedly the ENTJ is headed home today though, so the ENTP will have his room back and I only have to keep track of 3 discussions instead of 10...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP personality type descritpion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. [ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?
    By substitute in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 06:13 AM
  4. [ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 09:16 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO