• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Fictional NTs

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Help me, rivercrow, you're my only hope!

Crowsie? Rivercrowsie? Isn't she just some crazy harmless old lady who lives out in the desert? What's so special about her?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Rivercrowsie. That's a name I've not heard in a long time... a long time.

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
Mac, I can't quite get over the fact that you haven't seen Star Wars 4 - 6 :shock:

Ah, yes, the same reaction I get from people when they hear I haven't seen The Godfather, Titanic, or LOTR. Before you ask, I do live under a rock.

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
You wanna buy some death sticks?

Yeah that part was funny :laugh:

I also liked-

Obi-Wan: I was beginning to wonder if you'd got my message.
Anakin: I retransmitted it to Coruscant, just as you'd requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you.
Obi-Wan: [looks at his handcuffed hands] Good job.

Sarcasm rocks.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, yes, the same reaction I get from people when they hear I haven't seen The Godfather, Titanic, or LOTR. Before you ask, I do live under a rock.

hee, you've had some practice answering that question! And a very healthy response. :)

To be honest, I've never seen Godfather anything, LOTR (depending on who you talk to) wasn't nearly as good as so many non-Tolkienites made it out to be, and Titanic was... meh.

So you are not missing much.

(But I really hope you've seen Spiderman.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hee, you've had some practice answering that question! And a very healthy response. :)

To be honest, I've never seen Godfather anything, LOTR (depending on who you talk to) wasn't nearly as good as so many non-Tolkienites made it out to be, and Titanic was... meh.

So you are not missing much.

(But I really hope you've seen Spiderman.)

Spider-Man 3 was dreadful. It suffered the same multiple villains syndrome as the latter half of the original Batman sequels. And why was the evil Peter Parker emo?

Anyway...

I don't like the sand, it's cold and hard. You're everything warm and soft.

Now in a few hundred years, George Lucas' writing will be remembered like Shakespeare.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spider-Man 3 was dreadful. It suffered the same multiple villains syndrome as the latter half of the original Batman sequels. And why was the evil Peter Parker emo?

Well... to be honest... I haven't seen the third one. :rofl1:
Now in a few hundred years, George Lucas' writing will be remembered like Shakespeare.

May the world never fall so low, or may it be destroyed tomorrow!

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
George Lucas only thrived because of Joseph Campbell.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
George Lucas only thrived because of Joseph Campbell.

Oh, come now. George Lucas did change the movie industry and he is a visionary and a great storyteller. He just needs someone to help write the dialog!

In other news, Indiana Jones 4 is going into production this summer. Sean Connery will not be joining the cast. Denholm Elliot, I don't think will be, either.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Nope. Without Campbell, Lucas sucks.

That's why Star Wars 1-3 suck.

:devil:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. Without Campbell, Lucas sucks.

That's why Star Wars 1-3 suck.

:devil:

And it it weren't for Lucas, we wouldn't have all this wonderful CGI technology to make digital characters that are only limited by imagination.

Sure, Jar Jar was annoying, but at least he didn't look or move like a robot.

Personally, I love overuse of CGI -- I think it's COOL!!!

And besides, the original trilogy's writing wasn't exactly Shakespeare, either...at least not today! :D

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Jar Jar was da bomb, baby!! The only real acting in the whole piece--the rest was wooden.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jar Jar was da bomb, baby!! The only real acting in the whole piece--the rest was wooden.

You know what movie that had even more wooden acting? (And which came out the same year as The Phantom Menace.) That godforsaken Matrix movie that everyone only truly liked because of the MTV music video pop-culture nonsense.

If you want to see a real philosophical movie about the digital realm, see TRON. It's fabulous.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Matrix is so painfully derivative I cringe whenever I see it.

But it is visually sexy. Undeniably so. Just so long as I don't have the sound or captioning on or think.