User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 233

Thread: Fictional NTs

  1. #71
    Member Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    There was another one... but I can't find it either.

    End conclusion was that house is either INTJ or ENTJ. Mind you, typing house is difficult; he doesn't fit into normal psychology very well. (So as to not spoil the character if you haven't watched it through, I'll it at that... but he has past and present issues).
    House doesn't seem social enough to be an 'E'. He spends a lot of time alone in his office thinking. His only friend is Wilson.

    I agree, he is very difficult to type.

  2. #72
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Mac, I can't quite get over the fact that you haven't seen Star Wars 4 - 6

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

  3. #73
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Mac, I can't quite get over the fact that you haven't seen Star Wars 4 - 6
    I know, I know... Sigh. (What are they teaching the kids in school nowadays, if not Star Wars?)

    He should be extremely pleased, then... since IMO they were much better overall (even if the visuals are 20 years older). And Obiwan is SO much more INTJ in those.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #74
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    No, Obi Wan is so much more INFJ in those.

  5. #75
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, Obi Wan is so much more INFJ in those.
    What makes you say that? He's utterly detached from relationships, in how he deals with them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #76
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I always looked at him as something of a religious counselor -- religion isn't the most rational thing in the world. Wouldn't you think a Thinker would be more scientific than spiritual?

    And his detachment probably has more to do with Introversion, wouldn't you say?

  7. #77
    shoshaku jushaku rivercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Mac, I can't quite get over the fact that you haven't seen Star Wars 4 - 6
    Yeah...certainly not the same Mac as the old Mac(Guffin), who's practically memorized all the dialog, background music, and non-verbals from Star Wars and BSG.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

  8. #78
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I always looked at him as something of a religious counselor -- religion isn't the most rational thing in the world. Wouldn't you think a Thinker would be more scientific than spiritual?
    No. There's no reason why that should be so. Note that he's lived in the wilderness for years, and shows remarkable understanding of technical devices despite not being around them for decades. Just because he lives a stripped-down hermetical life doesn't mean he has to be an F.

    And both INFJ and INTJ can be considered "mystics."

    And his detachment probably has more to do with Introversion, wouldn't you say?
    He's introverted, extremely so. But that doesn't say anything either way about his detachment.

    The Ewan MacGregor version was also very T, not F. So, carrying character continuity forward, the T rendering probably makes more sense.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #79
    shoshaku jushaku rivercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Rivercrow is probably an INTP. Possible INTJ. Certainly a legend in her own mind.

  10. #80
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Rivercrow is probably an INTP. Possible INTJ. Certainly a legend in her own mind.
    And in the minds of a few others.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  2. [NT] Dumbest NTs in fiction?
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 01:16 AM
  3. [NT] NT - Favorite fiction author
    By Dyoni in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 12:10 AM
  4. [NT] Favourite NT character in fiction?
    By goodgrief in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 09:46 AM
  5. Fictional NT Females
    By wedekit in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO