Thread: Fictional NTs

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I think the following are INTJ's. Agree or disagree?

Batman
    Obi-wan Kenobi (from Star Wars)
    Dr. House (from tv show House, M.D.) (not sure about him but definantely IxTx)
    Sherlock Holmes
    Hannibal (from Silence of the Lambs)
    Mr. Fantastic (from Fantastic Four)
    Jigsaw (from Saw movies)
    There was/is a House discussion someplace, somewhere around here... if you can find it.

Going mostly by iNtuition, I tentatively and/or truly agree with the others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If my understanding is correct, House essentially is Sherlock Holmes in a different time and place.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

I think Jadzia-Dax from DS9 is ENTP. Occasionally me and my mates sit around and think about which Star Trek characters are most like us, and they always peg me as either Jadzia or Q. And since most people who know about MBTI say I'm very much ENTP, this must mean those two characters are too.

/logic
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Some ENTJs
    Master Control Program, TRON
    Dr. Doom, Fantastic Four films
    Sam Gerard, The Fugitive
    The Bride, Kill Bill
    Bill, Kill Bill

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think Jadzia-Dax from DS9 is ENTP. Occasionally me and my mates sit around and think about which Star Trek characters are most like us, and they always peg me as either Jadzia or Q. And since most people who know about MBTI say I'm very much ENTP, this must mean those two characters are too.
    A very good case could be made for Q being an ENTP.

Jadzia, though? From what I remember, her demeanor screamed "Introvert" the whole way. I never bothered typing the rest of her...

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A very good case could be made for Q being an ENTP.
    Yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm actually a bit miffed that people say I'm like him... though TBH, when I watch him, I laugh and smile and love the guy!

Jadzia, though? From what I remember, her demeanor screamed "Introvert" the whole way. I never bothered typing the rest of her...
    True, I guess she could go either way. But have you see the episode where she has that Trill guy who's training to be 'joined'? She seems very ENTP-ish in that episode. Since she's playing someone who's supposed to be like, several lifetimes old, I guess you could argue both that the character is an introvert who's had time to learn the confidence to appear extraverted, or an extravert who's learned to tone themselves down when necessary...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm actually a bit miffed that people say I'm like him... though TBH, when I watch him, I laugh and smile and love the guy!
    Oh, I think he's a hoot! Definitely a scene stealer, no matter where he appears.

(I'll even let you borrow my avatar of him, if you ever get bored with "demon lord of hades" or whatever you are using now...)

True, I guess she could go either way. But have you see the episode where she has that Trill guy who's training to be 'joined'? She seems very ENTP-ish in that episode. Since she's playing someone who's supposed to be like, several lifetimes old, I guess you could argue both that the character is an introvert who's had time to learn the confidence to appear extraverted, or an extravert who's learned to tone themselves down when necessary...
    I don't know, it's been such a long time since I've watched that series (like, ten years?!? has it been that long?)

I got a real sense of perspective, stability, and calmness/understanding from her, though. She seemed very balanced, thoughtful, and well, wise...

Which makes sense if she is that old and has experienced so much.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If my understanding is correct, House essentially is Sherlock Holmes in a different time and place.
    Yes, I've also heard that and it makes sense. What do you think about the other characters on my list?

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh, I think he's a hoot! Definitely a scene stealer, no matter where he appears.

(I'll even let you borrow my avatar of him, if you ever get bored with "demon lord of hades" or whatever you are using now...)
    Yeah I've toyed with using an avatar of him. This current one is a nod to the other fictional character I've been likened to, who might also be ENTP, which is Jon Irenicus from the Baldur's Gate game series.

I don't know, it's been such a long time since I've watched that series (like, ten years?!? has it been that long?)

I got a real sense of perspective, stability, and calmness/understanding from her, though. She seemed very balanced, thoughtful, and well, wise...

Which makes sense if she is that old and has experienced so much.
    That's what I mean, it's not necessarily indicative of type as much as age and experience. But there are times when she's very whimsical, playful and extraverted, like when she breaks into Klingon opera with the mistrel in a restaurant, or when she's playing with the Ferengi in the bar. And she does seem to have a 'wing it' attitude towards things and a thirst for discovery, too. In one episode she tells Kira, "It's my job to have a better idea!" which is quite ENTP-ish.

MBTI
    INTJ

There was/is a House discussion someplace, somewhere around here... if you can find it.

I've long believed House was an INTx. Off to find the thread in question.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.