User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Thread: Fictional NTs

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm now starting to think that Jigsaw is an INFJ. Because he kills people with low morals. And he doesn't exactly kill them -- he tests them.

My best friend, who is the INFJ type, is obsessed with the Saw movies. He is a lot like Jigsaw (except for the whole kidnapping people and putting them in death traps).

MBTI
    ENTP

I think Sisko in DS9 might be ENTJ...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I thought he was more ENFJ or INFJ.

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought he was more ENFJ or INFJ.
    F? Get away!

I mean, when Kira comes along with her drama queen F-ing, he tends to calmly analyse things, make a plan and enforce it. His judgements seem to be T-based, not value-judgements.

EDIT - but Gol Dukat might be ENTP though.

Ha, I'm watching an episode atm, typewatching the characters lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay who decided to place Sherlock as an INTJ? I'm gonna have to kick your ass now. Classic INTP.

Obsessive research into his field of interest. Master of his field. Passing competency with many linked fields but no real passion for them. His house is a complete mess and the man is a disorganised slob unless his mind is engaged on a case. Oh and the quote about rather dying than being bored. All classic INTP. I'd half expect an INTJ detective to change careers as all these people were obviously not learning and all that incompetence would be annoying.

House... gotta be INTJ purely and simply cause he doesn't give a crap if you follow his thinking. He doesn't care. Oh and also the amount of self inflicted restriction has to place him as a J not a P.

Jedi cannot be typed on what part they inform someone else to balance. The only thing you can say is what they see as needing balance indicates part of the subjects type, assuming their correct. So therefore saying to your Padawan "be mindful of the present" you are indicating that they are unaware of the present (or not aware enough) and not that you are focused on the present. Ergo Obi Wan is an N. It says nothing of Qui Gon.

Other problems I've seen is where a character is being typed on what they present and not the pattern they represent. Characters like super villains and such are under stress and hence their type will shift towards their shadow more. This is not including the naked mathematics of Evil = ENTJ. I'd expect any decent ENTJ to tell you categorically that if they had tried to take over the world then by God it would be theirs already and no nancy group of y-front wearing ninnys would have stopped them.

Oh and as a perhaps.....
    Cracker = INTJ ?
    I can't decide if he's an INTJ or is actually more of an NF but "damaged" in some manner. The self destructive decisions just don't ring INTJ to me but the philosophy to psychology does.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Okay who decided to place Sherlock as an INTJ? I'm gonna have to kick your ass now. Classic INTP.

Obsessive research into his field of interest. Master of his field. Passing competency with many linked fields but no real passion for them. His house is a complete mess and the man is a disorganised slob unless his mind is engaged on a case. Oh and the quote about rather dying than being bored. All classic INTP. I'd half expect an INTJ detective to change careers as all these people were obviously not learning and all that incompetence would be annoying.

House... gotta be INTJ purely and simply cause he doesn't give a crap if you follow his thinking. He doesn't care. Oh and also the amount of self inflicted restriction has to place him as a J not a P.

Jedi cannot be typed on what part they inform someone else to balance. The only thing you can say is what they see as needing balance indicates part of the subjects type, assuming their correct. So therefore saying to your Padawan "be mindful of the present" you are indicating that they are unaware of the present (or not aware enough) and not that you are focused on the present. Ergo Obi Wan is an N. It says nothing of Qui Gon.

Other problems I've seen is where a character is being typed on what they present and not the pattern they represent. Characters like super villains and such are under stress and hence their type will shift towards their shadow more. This is not including the naked mathematics of Evil = ENTJ. I'd expect any decent ENTJ to tell you categorically that if they had tried to take over the world then by God it would be theirs already and no nancy group of y-front wearing ninnys would have stopped them.

Oh and as a perhaps.....
    Cracker = INTJ ?
    I can't decide if he's an INTJ or is actually more of an NF but "damaged" in some manner. The self destructive decisions just don't ring INTJ to me but the philosophy to psychology does.
    The question is not how you find the dot.
    The question is how you find the significant dot.

The INTJs are good at it.
    The INTPs fare better.

How does the negligent P find the dot before the J?
    By not paying attention before the attention is called for.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I believe that obsession is a J trait. And I believe strict attention to physical aesthetics is an S trait, specifically SJ.

As an NJ, my physical surroundings are often quite chaotic. But to be at my best, I need a set routine. I like my lifestyle to be predictable and controlled, and I despise surprises.

Regardless, being in tune with the way your surroundings look is Sensing. So if the Intuitive is also a Judger, he/she still probably wouldn't be concerned as much with cleanliness and aesthetic surroundings, as long as they don't interfere with their ability to concentrate on their inner conceptions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The question is not how you find the dot.
    The question is how you find the significant dot.

The INTJs are good at it.
    The INTPs fare better.

How does the negligent P find the dot before the J?
    By not paying attention before the attention is called for.
    You cannot lose me old friend. I have your stone, your Rosetta.

Just to nit pick though, you are talking about Sherlock are you not? I see the parallel in his uncanny ability to hold all of that information in his head and yet not make one predictive step until it clicks into place and hence allowing him to avoid the presumptions of the dolt inspector. I am presuming that the character of the inspector was supposed to be that of an ESTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You cannot lose me old friend. I have your stone, your Rosetta.

Just to nit pick though, you are talking about Sherlock are you not? I see the parallel in his uncanny ability to hold all of that information in his head and yet not make one predictive step until it clicks into place and hence allowing him to avoid the presumptions of the dolt inspector. I am presuming that the character of the inspector was supposed to be that of an ESTJ.
    I say a correct estimation.

The difference between the P and the J is in the focus.

The J focus is from the bottom to top.

The P focus is from the top to bottom.

All the leads are to be found at the bottom.

The significant leads are to be found exclusively at the top.

The model for the ESTJ character was Charles Warren?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I believe that obsession is a J trait. And I believe strict attention to physical aesthetics is an S trait, specifically SJ.

As an NJ, my physical surroundings are often quite chaotic. But to be at my best, I need a set routine. I like my lifestyle to be predictable and controlled, and I despise surprises.

Regardless, being in tune with the way your surroundings look is Sensing. So if the Intuitive is also a Judger, he/she still probably wouldn't be concerned as much with cleanliness and aesthetic surroundings, as long as they don't interfere with their ability to concentrate on their inner conceptions.
    Most Js who visit my house become stressed. I let it go when I can't be bothered. There is no reserve at which point I will fly into action. This is like Sherlock. For his time his house keeping was atrocious.

I cannot imagine an INTJ shooting the wall in his house nor covering all the chairs with fevered drawings only to wade through them to get coffee or whatever never thinking about the carnage, only the object in his hand.

Oh and a word of warning, NTs are the most mentally flexible of types. Ergo we can seem to be a lot of things but we are only one of them...well that's the MBTI theory.