Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Matrix is so painfully derivative I cringe whenever I see it.

But it is visually sexy. Undeniably so. Just so long as I don't have the sound or captioning on or think.
    Glad you and I are on the same page.

But the movie that is even more visually sexy is Dark City, released in 1998, a year before The Matrix.

If you saw that movie, you'll know what an uninspired rip-off The Matrix really is, even visually.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Glad you and I are on the same page.
    Don't get too comfortable. I'm channeling the spirit of OS/2 Warp tonight.

But the movie that is even more visually sexy is Dark City, released in 1998, a year before The Matrix.

If you saw that movie, you'll know what an uninspired rip-off The Matrix really is, even visually.
    I see very few movies. After you've seen Last Year at Marienbad, all other cinema pales.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The Matrix gives me a boner.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Disney cartoons give me a boner. Especially The Lion King.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    hee, you've had some practice answering that question! And a very healthy response.

To be honest, I've never seen Godfather anything, LOTR (depending on who you talk to) wasn't nearly as good as so many non-Tolkienites made it out to be, and Titanic was... meh.

So you are not missing much.

(But I really hope you've seen Spiderman.)
    Yeah, plenty of practice. Once someone threatened to push me in front of a passing truck if I hadn't seen Forrest Gump (which I had so I was safe).

I did watch about 10 minutes of Titanic. It looked boring so I just watched Law & Order instead (which is a great show, by the way)

I've seen all the Spiderman movies. They were good, except the 3rd one was a disappointment. Cool special effects, but not so great acting at times and too many villans and subplots. Spiderman is too sensitive of a superhero for my taste anyway. He cried at least 4-5 times in the 3rd movie (and not very well, I might add). I prefer Batman.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Nope. Without Campbell, Lucas sucks.

That's why Star Wars 1-3 suck.

I don't know I'd go as far as say "suck" but they're certainly not in the same league. Maybe I'm jaded.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Ditto.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Yeah, plenty of practice. Once someone threatened to push me in front of a passing truck if I hadn't seen Forrest Gump (which I had so I was safe).

I did watch about 10 minutes of Titanic. It looked boring so I just watched Law & Order instead (which is a great show, by the way)

I've seen all the Spiderman movies. They were good, except the 3rd one was a disappointment. Cool special effects, but not so great acting at times and too many villans and subplots. Spiderman is too sensitive of a superhero for my taste anyway. He cried at least 4-5 times in the 3rd movie (and not very well, I might add). I prefer Batman.
    I fancy The Punisher, myself. Though I've never been much of a comic book reader, I liked the movie. (I typed the Punisher as an INTJ, as well.)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Spiderman is too sensitive of a superhero for my taste anyway. He cried at least 4-5 times in the 3rd movie (and not very well, I might add). I prefer Batman.
    Well, Peter is probably an INFP... and we all know how sensitive they are.

Batman is a neat character. I particularly liked the Christopher Nolan version (but I like all the movies Chris has done -- he's consistent and thorough and sensible in his thinking).

Everyone has different tastes... but I can't even watch Star Wars 1-3. I laughed out loud numerous times in the theater, and they just can't hold my interest, it's like insipid static to my brain. I usually just forward to the lightsaber battles, if I'm going to watch anything at all. (sigh. I wanted to like them more.)

Matrix was better. The first movie was excellent, the second was good in its own way (it's more of an action picture with the emphasis on interlocking all the plot pieces together... and the meeting with the Architect was priceless, even if confusing for all the S's in the audience when it first came out).

The third one was far too comic-book/cookie-cutter in pacing/scene cutting... every little scene ended with some supposedly "profound" comment or interplay, and got predictable. The part that resonates with me is the whole sense of Neo "the god" slowly being stripped of everything that made him "him" and in the end just being a man and embracing his own death willingly, and having that be the "right answer." I know what it's like to feel that alone, walking into the land of shadow...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm now starting to think that Jigsaw is an INFJ. Because he kills people with low morals. And he doesn't exactly kill them -- he tests them.