User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default ENTJ and sensors?

What is your relationship with people with an S preference? Who are your closest S friends that you get a long with? What's it like being an Extrovert with an N preference with a population being dominate S types?

Do you really believe the bullshit about 90% of the population being Sensors?

Just what this place needs -- more Sensor-hate threads aimed at Gamma NTs.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post

75% of the population are S. This isn't hate. I just needed information. There's even a video about an ENFJ's giving his relationship with sensors. I don't see how this thread is a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRYa1r0N0o

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    75% of the population are S. This isn't hate. I just needed information. There's even a video about an ENFJ's giving his relationship with sensors. I don't see how this thread is a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRYa1r0N0o
    MBTI is not qualified by science. As a result, any test used to qualify MBTI with scientific population demographics will be incorrect because the parameters for gaging MBTI have not yet been scientifically established.

MBTI population statistics will never be qualified until MBTI is studied by science and an accurate method for isolating the cognitive functions is found. Since scientists don't consider MBTI, there is yet no reliable way to isolate the functions and sort them by population.

There's videos for a lot of things. This video gives little to no indication the people making it studied or have an accurate understanding of MBTI.

Rule of thumb, don't try and use YouTube as a source unless the channel that posted the video is backed by something a little more.....valid.

On the other hand, if you wish to study Cognitive Functions from a closer-to-scientific lens, consider looking into Socionics. Socionics bases more of its information off of critically analyzed sources and the definitions and methods for isolating the functions are much more concrete.
    MBTI has lost its luster because it's sank into the realms of business and pop psychology.
    Likes Hard, Sil liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

MBTI is not qualified by science. As a result, any test used to qualify MBTI with scientific population demographics will be incorrect because the parameters for gaging MBTI have not yet been scientifically established.

MBTI population statistics will never be qualified until MBTI is studied by science and an accurate method for isolating the cognitive functions is found. Since scientists don't consider MBTI, there is yet no reliable way to isolate the functions and sort them by population.

There's videos for a lot of things. This video gives little to no indication the people making it studied or have an accurate understanding of MBTI.

Rule of thumb, don't try and use YouTube as a source unless the channel that posted the video is backed by something a little more.....valid.

On the other hand, if you wish to study Cognitive Functions from a closer-to-scientific lens, consider looking into Socionics. Socionics bases more of its information off of critically analyzed sources and the definitions and methods for isolating the functions are much more concrete.
    MBTI has lost its luster because it's sank into the realms of business and pop psychology.
    I wasn't even trying to make a scientific claim.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    What is your relationship with people with an S preference? Who are your closest S friends that you get a long with? What's it like being an Extrovert with an N preference with a population being dominate S types?
    Why do you ask?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFJ

I decided I would do a tally of how many people I know of each type (that I could think of at the time). There were 16 Ss and 27 Ns, with NFP being the most common, followed by ESFJ and INTJ. It's possible I am mistyping a number of people but I don't think it would skew the results -that- much.

So, if there is a majority of Sensors in the population, I am yet to observe it.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I decided I would do a tally of how many people I know of each type (that I could think of at the time). There were 16 Ss and 27 Ns, with NFP being the most common, followed by ESFJ and INTJ. It's possible I am mistyping a number of people but I don't think it would skew the results -that- much.

So, if there is a majority of Sensors in the population, I am yet to observe it.
    And global warming isn't real, because it gets cold in the winter time.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes captain curmudgeon liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Why do you ask?
    Because I'm curious. It's eight post guys and I haven't gotten a single answer to my question. My thread is being derailed.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    And global warming isn't real, because it gets cold in the winter time.
    I chuckled because I found this amusing...until I thought about the fact that this argument actually exists. Now I just want to throw something at someone.*

*so basically I'm back to normal
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug