First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Because I'm curious. It's eight post guys and I haven't gotten a single answer to my question. My thread is being derailed.
    Wow. Well, I am not an ENTJ, I am an ENFJ, but I am going to put in my 2 cents. I have found it really interesting since discovering MBTI that almost all of my close friends are N's and not S's. The 2 (out of 6) close friends who are S's are a ISTJ and a ESTJ. They are both females and we got along really well for the most part. The ISTJ and I in particular like a lot of the same books, music, and shows, so we have a lot to talk about. I care about them both and I think we have good platonic relationships, but there are times with both of them that I feel like I am hitting a brick wall. I am fairly certain this is because I am using my iNtuition and they are (obviously) not using there N and are not picking up on it. Communication is a little more difficult with a sensor for me, but honestly if I am just more conscious of my speech and use 'words' instead of beaming N at them, it all works out fine.

As far as being a N in a S world....I really don't notice it much and that is probably because I have unconsciously surrounded myself with mainly N's. I will say that it makes a lot more sense to me why there are so many police men/women. I would hate that job SOOOO much. Thanks, S's for taking the jobs that I would not want and doing a good job!

MBTI
    ENTJ

What are sensors?..... However, I'm intrigued by the responses to the op.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I decided I would do a tally of how many people I know of each type (that I could think of at the time). There were 16 Ss and 27 Ns, with NFP being the most common, followed by ESFJ and INTJ. It's possible I am mistyping a number of people but I don't think it would skew the results -that- much.

So, if there is a majority of Sensors in the population, I am yet to observe it.
    This has really made me think about how well I know people as I couldnt type any of my immediate social circle let alone beyond that, part of this I'm able to say is that my interest in psychology and MBTI relates mainly to an interest in the self and self-improvement, although I've been reading lately about how that is part of a kind of social malaise and the unconscious conditioning for the status quo of "neo-liberal agents unawares" so I've started to think about how interested in others I really ought to be and to try and discover how they tick and why they do a lot of the stupid or crazy shit they do but in the main I really did think about how I wasnt able to type people I know and how well I know them.

Maybe that's just a thing and the nature of relationships are weaker and shallower than they have ever been.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    What is your relationship with people with an S preference? Who are your closest S friends that you get a long with? What's it like being an Extrovert with an N preference with a population being dominate S types?
    The funny thing is, those "extroverts" will tell you they are introverts. The E, indicates the position of the J (ExTJ), which leads to, Te-first/dom. Instead of Te-aux (IxTJ)

Anyway, I'm not contributing anything to this thread...

MBTI
    ENTJ

Sensors are annoying, and usually don't like ENTJ's. To bad I make more money than them

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by JClassic View Post
    Sensors are annoying, and usually don't like ENTJ's. To bad I make more money than them
    who are you and why am I even supposed to care about you again?

or are you just going to continue going about and spouting generalizations about every type and feeling super awesome about yourself for having done so?

I could put in some effort to annoy you, but I have better things to do
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by JClassic View Post
    I actually have no issues with ENTJs. They are extroverted INTJs whigh in get along with really good. The only issue I can see some have with me is that I am a master of all trades and they usually have a specific specialty in which they do very well at. Probably why they make more on average then other types. Our last round of layoffs though and he got cut, I still have my job.

Curious how things will play out when America realizes how management heavy they really are and all those ENTJs end up in other management type jobs that are not considered management. I know ALOT of EJ'S that work in costumer service fields for dealerships. They don't make all that much. But they get to manage the cars and the orders, and everything else. Usually do very well at it and only complaints is when they have to deal with stupid people, not really complain of the job itself.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

or are you just going to continue going about and spouting generalizations about every type and feeling super awesome about yourself for having done so?

There's a couple of accounts the same as this if you check it out.

When you see the same behaviour over and over again it becomes a bit apparent, a lot of verbosity, someone breaking their thesaurus and all of the mentioning, quoting or otherwise attempting desperately to get the attention of long standing members they think make the forum.

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I actually have no issues with ENTJs. They are extroverted INTJs whigh in get along with really good. The only issue I can see some have with me is that I am a master of all trades and they usually have a specific specialty in which they do very well at. Probably why they make more on average then other types. Our last round of layoffs though and he got cut, I still have my job.

Curious how things will play out when America realizes how management heavy they really are and all those ENTJs end up in other management type jobs that are not considered management. I know ALOT of EJ'S that work in costumer service fields for dealerships. They don't make all that much. But they get to manage the cars and the orders, and everything else. Usually do very well at it and only complaints is when they have to deal with stupid people, not really complain of the job itself.
    I'd agree with that, although stupidity is bound to annoy everyone and I'd say its a particular type of stupidity which bothers ENTJs, for my part it lack of awareness, the whole "if you could see yourself would you stop yourself" thing and poor organisational skills, stress management skills etc.

The top heavy management thing is a reality worldwide, I dont know what is going to eliminate that but its the last thing which capitalism has to cut I think, pretty much, everyone else has been impoverished one way or another and the boardrooms are the last place with immunity but I cant see that lasting.

In some parts of the world with proper education, co-management etc. the owners of big bucks enterprises are going to begin to hit on the savings to be made from self-managing staff or teams, it doesnt need to be an industry wide development to have an impact on that recruitment pool and the saving to be made for the same owners from dispensing with management would be massive, it could transform entire sectors as boardroom pay, at least in the UK, has virtually crippled some public and private business in urban centres such as London.

I also definitely know what you're talking about in terms of personal diversification, I personally hate the fact that I went down a seriously academic route and am a one trick pony presently, the problem is that I'm so far down that road I dont actually see the same chance to go and learn a couple different trades like I did some years ago. Its also a bit different here as social class fucks with inclusion in certain work fields in ways I dont expect it does in the US, in the short time I spent there it was much, much more of a classless society in the positive sense of that word.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

You do realize that person is trolling just to get a reaction from you? It's not even worth your time replying to them in the first place.

Money isn't the route to happiness anyway.

@All - I think it doesn't matter if you're an ESxx or an INxx, it's how you use your functions that matters, not how many you got. An unhealthy, unproductive INTJ is just as bad as a wreckless ESFJ. You know? Once people learn how to unlock their potential, and use their functions in the right manner. I'm not talking about being fully developed here, but making good use of what they've got, and trying to use their functions to the best of their abilities in a reasonably healthy manner. If you can do that and interact with people well, then... BOOM! You got it.