User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 72

  1. #61
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andresimon View Post
    ENFP is your paradoxitype. It's also where you are weakest and your biggest fear. Because you focus on what you focus on, the natural biases that occur make you very WEAK in certain areas. For INTJ's specifically you are a terrible judge of character and are really bad at understanding people in general.

    Because this is the source of your greatest weakness it is also where you get the most sanctification if and when you do overcome it. Hence you can't help but want to be an ENFP. It is the natural result of your specific cognitive biases .

    Oh and for me, deep down inside I want to be an INTJ .

    GG NO RE
    It would actually be ESFP, not ENFP, as function wise they are flipped.

  2. #62

    Default

    Honestly, that's the point of the whole social network function. I think most of the people only share what they want to share and keep the rest for themselves. It would be pretty awkward to share everything with everyone, all the social barriers would be lost and the convos would drowned in anarchy.

  3. #63
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    It would actually be ESFP, not ENFP, as function wise they are flipped.
    Actually no. Paradoxitype isn't the reverse. INTJ's paradoxitype is ENFP. Take notes.

  4. #64
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Honestly, that's the point of the whole social network function. I think most of the people only share what they want to share and keep the rest for themselves. It would be pretty awkward to share everything with everyone, all the social barriers would be lost and the convos would drowned in anarchy.
    I want anarchy.

    Likes Fay, Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

  5. #65
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andresimon View Post
    Actually no. Paradoxitype isn't the reverse. INTJ's paradoxitype is ENFP. Take notes.
    Please find me a legitimate source on anything you say before you tell me to take notes.

    ok... let's take it like I'm going to be learning and finding out about what this is all about. I'll do a quick google research on this because in the last 7 years I've taken up on MBTI, this is the first time I've heard about a term 'paradoxitype'.

    Here we go. The most credible source on this.

    A Little Bit of Personality: Paradoxitype - The Flip-Side of Personality (with examples!)

    This website is the most legitimate source I could find for this idea of... paradoxitype... and yet it's baseless. The most similar more properly defined relationships of a similar structure is called semi-duality in socionics (if one goes by functions) which is also not considered the optimal relationship between two types.

    Furthermore, you're saying that this paradoxitype defines your weakest 'self' and that you feel happy to become it, which causes this 'theory' to be pretty useless in an of itself, because an ENFP is not an INTJs weakest point. Every type has two types of opposites, one is a type that you have almost no way of properly relating to (so for an INTJ it would be an ESFJ and ENFP it would be an ISTP), and one is where you are the weakest of the strongest point of another type (so for an INTJ it would be ESFP, and for an ENFP it would be an ISTJ), but essentially it is the part that is supposed to grow out of you in time.

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Please find me a legitimate source on anything you say before you tell me to take notes.

    ok... let's take it like I'm going to be learning and finding out about what this is all about. I'll do a quick google research on this because in the last 7 years I've taken up on MBTI, this is the first time I've heard about a term 'paradoxitype'.

    Here we go. The most credible source on this.

    A Little Bit of Personality: Paradoxitype - The Flip-Side of Personality (with examples!)

    This website is the most legitimate source I could find for this idea of... paradoxitype... and yet it's baseless. The most similar more properly defined relationships of a similar structure is called semi-duality in socionics (if one goes by functions) which is also not considered the optimal relationship between two types.

    Furthermore, you're saying that this paradoxitype defines your weakest 'self' and that you feel happy to become it, which causes this 'theory' to be pretty useless in an of itself, because an ENFP is not an INTJs weakest point. Every type has two types of opposites, one is a type that you have almost no way of properly relating to (so for an INTJ it would be an ESFJ and ENFP it would be an ISTP), and one is where you are the weakest of the strongest point of another type (so for an INTJ it would be ESFP, and for an ENFP it would be an ISTJ), but essentially it is the part that is supposed to grow out of you in time.
    Regardless of what sources you found on the topic, with a single google search. Your statement of INTJ's paradoxitype, IS ESFP, IS FALSE. The S & N functions DO NOT FLIP. Still taking notes? I love how you are trying to pick apart what I'm saying while still missing the point. ESFP is not the paradoxitype of the INTJ. A statement you made, a statement that was false. Diving into details with you is pointless because you made a false statement to begin with, I simply pointed it out, and now you are grasping for straws and arguing because I rubbed your ego the wrong way. That's what you said, that's how I responded.

    ISTJ and ENFP have opposite letters. But the letters are only a symbol for what is underneath, the functions + information. AN ISTJ and ENFP are actually much more similar to each other when it comes to FUNCTIONS then a bunch of other combination. BUT they do no they are not even close in terms of how they view the world and what they want out of the world. They are IJ vs EP. The order is different etc... I took a specific perspective on the issue, that perspective can be viewed in different ways. Your statement is simply FALSE by definition. Furthermore, an ENFP would NEVER WANT to be an ISTJ. In fact its probably what we desire the least. In contrast and ENFP really does love a lot of the strengths of an INTJ. The entire PURPOSE and INTENT of my statement to begin with.

    ISTJ are very different from ENFP's for example more because of the order of the functions and less because of the strength or dominance of each function, because we still have the same 4 dominant functions. Si, Te, Fi, Ne for ISTJ and Ne, Fi, Te, Si for ENFP's. If you want to go truly opposite the 1st 4 functions would be completely different which would be an ESTP and ENFP combination. Even then though we still share the E and P and so similarities will exist with that as well. You can't exclude function or information when you analyze these things. ESTP & ENFP's for example focus on Observation of PEOPLE first.

    PRADOXITYPE HOWEVER, would be an ENFP for an INTJ and vice-versa. That is not up for debate.

    Lol clearly don't understand much about MBTI.

    Oh and the site you are calling baseless. Is probably the single best source for MBTI information on the web today. Get a clue, ya?

    To wrap this up. Letters flipping are not what I'm talking about. Even if you do flip the letters you still share other similarities. Paradoxitype is a specific lens on MBTI and it is far more profound to people and their lives then anything you have said so far. Why don't you read up on it AND more importantly actually see how it applies to your life. You will find some PROFOUND insights after you are done. Then come back and talk to me after you have experienced what I'm saying and have not just talked about it.

    Ok, class is over. Put your note book away.

  7. #67
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andresimon View Post
    Regardless of what sources you found on the topic, with a single google search. Your statement of INTJ's paradoxitype, IS ESFP, IS FALSE. The S & N functions DO NOT FLIP. Still taking notes? I love how you are trying to pick apart what I'm saying while still missing the point. ESFP is not the paradoxitype of the INTJ. A statement you made, a statement that was false. Diving into details with you is pointless because you made a false statement to begin with, I simply pointed it out, and now you are grasping for straws and arguing because I rubbed your ego the wrong way. That's what you said, that's how I responded.

    ISTJ and ENFP have opposite letters. But the letters are only a symbol for what is underneath, the functions + information. AN ISTJ and ENFP are actually much more similar to each other when it comes to FUNCTIONS then a bunch of other combination. BUT they do no they are not even close in terms of how they view the world and what they want out of the world. They are IJ vs EP. The order is different etc... I took a specific perspective on the issue, that perspective can be viewed in different ways. Your statement is simply FALSE by definition. Furthermore, an ENFP would NEVER WANT to be an ISTJ. In fact its probably what we desire the least. In contrast and ENFP really does love a lot of the strengths of an INTJ. The entire PURPOSE and INTENT of my statement to begin with.

    ISTJ are very different from ENFP's for example more because of the order of the functions and less because of the strength or dominance of each function, because we still have the same 4 dominant functions. Si, Te, Fi, Ne for ISTJ and Ne, Fi, Te, Si for ENFP's. If you want to go truly opposite the 1st 4 functions would be completely different which would be an ESTP and ENFP combination. Even then though we still share the E and P and so similarities will exist with that as well. You can't exclude function or information when you analyze these things. ESTP & ENFP's for example focus on Observation of PEOPLE first.

    PRADOXITYPE HOWEVER, would be an ENFP for an INTJ and vice-versa. That is not up for debate.

    Lol clearly don't understand much about MBTI.

    Oh and the site you are calling baseless. Is probably the single best source for MBTI information on the web today. Get a clue, ya?

    To wrap this up. Letters flipping are not what I'm talking about. Even if you do flip the letters you still share other similarities. Paradoxitype is a specific lens on MBTI and it is far more profound to people and their lives then anything you have said so far. Why don't you read up on it AND more importantly actually see how it applies to your life. You will find some PROFOUND insights after you are done. Then come back and talk to me after you have experienced what I'm saying and have not just talked about it.

    Ok, class is over. Put your note book away.
    Thank you. *sigh*

  8. #68
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Thank you. *sigh*
    You are welcome. Anytime.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Hapyniss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
    I don't get what they're thinking all the time.
    They tend to be so private with their thoughts and only want to share what they want you to know and they hide the rest. They aren't transparent at all and that's what makes them so mysterious, enigmatic, and hard to figure it out.

    I often have a hard time understanding what's on their mind, but not in a frustrating kind of way, but intriguing kind of way.

    It's in my personal opinion, that INTJ's especially emote in rather subtle ways rather than overt expression. Listen to what they say because they're being honest and straightforward. Then watch their actions. INTJ's emote by initiating ideas and then putting them to action. For instance, if an INTJ says their love language is quality time and acts of service...and they're spending more of their week talking on the phone and being with you, that's emoting. While spending time together, if they are doting your needs...(ie - say that you are thirsty, and they pounce up to get you a glass of water and then keep the water coming the rest of the time together) you have a very interested INTJ. It's not that enigmatic. I think you may be romanticizing them to a point.

    Know, too, that they are listening to you. If an INTJ realizes that something is very important to you they'll try to do that or give that more, even if it's uncomfortable for them. I'm a touchy-feely person and my INTJ is the antithesis of that. He's putting much effort into learning to physically emote and be mindful of how that makes me feel. It's absolutely adorable because it's incredibly awkward but he still tries his best. I love that about him.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

  10. #70
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    This is a good thread. I am very fond of it.

    I do not find INTJs enigmatic. Now tell me I'm speshul and mean it.

Similar Threads

  1. Stormfront MBTI or Why are INTJs so Racist?
    By Critical Hit in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 11:43 PM
  2. Why Are INTJs Sometimes Confused As Extraverts?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
  3. [INFP] Why are you so quiet?
    By Tropics in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 01:50 AM
  4. Why are philosophers so curious about god?
    By Nocapszy in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 04:57 PM
  5. Why are we so attracted to misfortune?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO