User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    Why would put yourself through the torture of peering through ANYONE'S mind when talking to them? No matter how hard you try to put yourself in someone elses shoes, the shoe is still not going to fit perfectly. Why bother? More hassle then worth.
    Not that we can succeed, but some people fascinate and inspire me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

I think that mainly applies to fictionalized INTJs, nonchalant. Most others are just bored bookworms wanting to establish a "badass" identity for themselves.

MBTI
    INFJ

For me, enigmatic means something specific. Resorting to being enigmatic has always been a very rare frontline response to intrusiveness and/or a blatant disregard for my boundaries. It's for when I've tried both subtle and direct methods of communicating my discomfort but the interlocuter remains steadfast and pushy; it's proprietary for a rare type schmuck. Then it's, behold, the enigmatic troll.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What type of INTJ's are you communicating with? INTJ's are easy to understand. They are just so blunt, it goes over most people heads. Since society has taught most to "Read between the lines."

Dont trust INTj's body language
    Ignore their tone of voice
    just take their words literally. It's seriously not that hard.
    INTJ's arent the type to bullshit. Straight to the point. You can easily see it through conversation. It's not like they say ONE thing but they mean something completely different and expect you to understand what they are trying to get through with body language, tone, and stupid difficult rules society builds with ways to converse with people.
    I agree with both quotes above, and likewise cannot understand what is so difficult about this. People who insist on looking for nonexistent content "between the lines" drive me absolutely round the bend. I choose my words with great care, and to disregard them in favor of ambiguous other "cues" is not only counterproductive but bordering on insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    For me, enigmatic means something specific. Resorting to being enigmatic has always been a very rare frontline response to intrusiveness and/or a blatant disregard for my boundaries. It's for when I've tried both subtle and direct methods of communicating my discomfort but the interlocuter remains steadfast and pushy; it's proprietary for a rare type schmuck. Then it's, behold, the enigmatic troll.
    Well, this applies to being intentionally enigmatic. Yes, I have been known to do this as well, but I suspect we are also unintentionally enigmatic, at least sometimes and to some folks.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Well, this applies to being intentionally enigmatic. Yes, I have been known to do this as well, but I suspect we are also unintentionally enigmatic, at least sometimes and to some folks.
    I suppose, and you're probably right. But I'm also of the thinking that going out of one's way to put someone else's comfort above one's own, at one's own expense, is misguided. If someone genuinely respects and wishes to communicate with you, they will ask for clarification on something that might seem enigmatic or confusing at the outset. Also, I'm constantly asking people to clarify something they've said, and they're certainly not all Ni-doms. Besides, most conversation is cross-calibration of individual systems and languages.

But truly enigmatic communication that isn't put-on as such is rare, ime; I can't think of anyone I know who is enigmatic in that sense. I wish I could read/hear/see a real example of what is considered unintentionally enigmatic. The few times I've been truly baffled by someone was when there was a language/lost-in-translation issue at hand.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    But truly enigmatic communication that isn't put-on as such is rare, ime; I can't think of anyone I know who is enigmatic in that sense. I wish I could read/hear/see a real example of what is considered unintentionally enigmatic. The few times I've been truly baffled by someone was when there was a language/lost-in-translation issue at hand.
    A very straightforward example: I am webmaster for a local community group. When I have occasion to explain some upcoming changes, or how some problem was resolved, it sometimes goes over the heads of many of the other attendees. Sometimes they think they understand, but I can tell from their questions and comments that they don't. Here the culprit is simply inexperience with the internet (group is mostly older folks), and the solution is simply to explain in more basic language.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Most INTJs I've met were pretty straightforward. It's also pretty easy to ask them "sooo what do you think about x" and trust you'll get an honest response.

The only thing I've had trouble reading is their unique brand of deadpan sarcasm. No inflection at all.

MBTI
    yupp

maybe the fact that intjs are one of the more likely types to not bullshit around in social situations, and most other people do that. when an INTJ is direct the other person is like wow...such...wisdom...what does it mean? and search for hidden meanings? when their is none and then they decide the INTJ is enigmatic?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    A very straightforward example: I am webmaster for a local community group. When I have occasion to explain some upcoming changes, or how some problem was resolved, it sometimes goes over the heads of many of the other attendees. Sometimes they think they understand, but I can tell from their questions and comments that they don't. Here the culprit is simply inexperience with the internet (group is mostly older folks), and the solution is simply to explain in more basic language.
    I guess I'm extremely strict with my definition of enigmatic, because your example of using more basic language seems more an issue of complexity of form rather than presenting an idea/thought that's difficult to understand or penetrate. I would say that your de-complexifying an explanation is the same as cross-calibration of language, and nothing to do with the actual nucleus of the idea/explanation itself. But yes, I do understand what you mean and I appreciate the example.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    maybe the fact that intjs are one of the more likely types to not bullshit around in social situations, and most other people do that. when an INTJ is direct the other person is like wow...such...wisdom...what does it mean? and search for hidden meanings? when their is none and then they decide the INTJ is enigmatic?
    I think there's something to this, and particularly the underlined.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

They would probably stand next to an INTJ in a shop and think that person is a moron because of their clothing style.

Or the words that they use.