User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    Looks like there is an abundance of feelers on typology...that's one case solved...quite the cute lot you guys are Hard and Kullervo you both have suited your purposes well, congratulations

    your advice was really good Hard is one entertaining customer though Kullervo supplied more of the relevant knowledge

    but as expected no one can tell me something i didn't already know, how utterly dull-_- and disappointing though Hard had an interesting comment in regards to my "attitude" I would like you to elaborate more on that ,it should be interesting, oh and please come up with something more complex and original because seriously all your other replies to the question are already answered and unbelievably expected,therefore I've already recognized your pattern so I'm hoping for something more unconventional please thanks
    If you're attempting to insult me, you'll find that that tactic is completely ineffective.

    You'll also find that type stereotyping is quite intolerable to the majority of the membership base, and you won't be taken seriously if you spout it. It's pretty obvious at this point that no one is taking you seriously anyway, so it will likely just be par for the course then. By all means though, keep digging the hole your standing in deeper.

    I would like you to elaborate more on that
    Nah. Not gonna give you the satisfaction.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  2. #12
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Sigh.

    It's INTJs like you who give the rest of us a bad name.
    Likes Hard, /DG/, laterlazer liked this post

  3. #13
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    Hey, so... care to elaborate why you think extraverts deserve to be venerated?

    I find, being a 4 and an extravert that a lot of these perceived advantages aren't tied to being an MBTI E. I'm terrible maintaining social connections, I do meet a lot of people, but I don't find a lot of gratification on keeping a busy social schedule, not enough to keep people in my network. As a Fi-er and a 4'er I find myself often just not giving a fuck about dealing with all those things that earn social coinage, or even real coinage. I really do doubt my Ne-Fi buys me much glory.
    Likes gromit liked this post

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    Hahahahaahaha that first comment completely dope,that was some interesting shit,almost brought me to tears,such emotion,such drama, haahahahhaha and so fragile

    Well your second and third comment I will take seriously because it sounds like a challenge

    Now your second comment,what you say is true,but yeah...how to simply put it?
    I love complexity and the unconventional,only through chaos can I understand something,take my mind for example,its a series of voices that dates back to the ancient of times up until the modern society we live in today,its an orchestra of pure chaos swirling into the deep ,dark,furious typhoon that is my mind a never ending spiral added with my mild schizophrenia I must now live in endless suffering,never once do I have a peaceful night where I can sleep,never once can I stop thinking because for those who I must defend I must use my mind perfectly,those that I must lead,those that must be saved,those that always count on me to pull through this is my curse and my blessing,through the hardest of hardships I have prevailed evens stopped myself multiple times from suicide yes I did...this life I have it isn't easy so why should I spoon feed others?this you call rebellion? This I call freedom,where I exchanged mine in order for those around me to live a peaceful life,my actions have meaning but its up to you guys to find the true meaning that has been hidden away from you since you were young...I understand so much more than people my age ever will,they threw me to the wolves and so I ended up leading the pact,I get why you are so passionate ,sometimes I wish I could understand other peoples feelings,I'm no firm believer of MBTI or any other personality type of things,the only thing I believe in is the people around me and hopefully myself(I really dunno if I still have the confidence to go on but people are counting on me I can't let them down)...well yeah hope that answers your questions
    Um...paragraphing might come in handy. And yes, you sound like you do have schizophrenia, or possibly manic depression, in which case this is not the right place to look for help. I say this as somebody who has depression myself: you actually just let out a random outburst of thoughts and feelings without connecting them to each other in a meaningful way. Such a consciousness reminds of this:


    In these cases, people will hopefully hold back from typing beyond the obvious, because mental health can affect the way you see yourself enough to mistype (people mistyping as 4s when depressed is the best example). But as I have said, I am certain you are not an INTJ as you show no evidence of Te at all. ISTP or INTP.

  5. #15
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Introverts have their strengths too.

    You have to figure out how to make your own positive qualities "work" for your life and for your relationships. That involves loving yourself and believing that you have valuable things to offer, which is no small task, believe me, I know from experience. Taking the example of extroverts can definitely be helpful in some contexts, but in my experience you cannot really successfully and happily be someone else 100% of the time, so you need to balance those learned tactics with things that you yourself bring to the table.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  6. #16
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post

    so what can we learn from extroverts?
    Not a goddamn thing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

  7. #17
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Not a goddamn thing.
    I don't know that there's nothing to be learned, but I don't envy extroverts. I know I wouldn't want to be reliant upon external stimuli in order to feel good. So many extroverts I know can't stand being alone. It makes them absolutely miserable. Sometimes you have no choice but to be alone, and in those situations, being an introvert is definitely an advantage.

    I know this will probably come across as insensitive, but I've always regarded the extrovert's craving for attention and human interaction to be a weakness, not a strength.

  8. #18
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    I'm not going into the whole 'validity of MBTI' debate here, but there seems to be evidence that, unlike a lot of other type-related preferences, extraversion and introversion can actually be measured in the brain. Extraverts appear to have a higher threshhold when it comes to stimulation, while introverts are likely to feel overstimulated more quickly. This would suggest that the whole E-I issue isn't really matter of 'preference'.

    To put it simply: We just seem to be wired the way we are in terms of introversion/extraversion, so I really don't think that there is anything that introvers can 'learn' from extraverts (and vice versa) since we won't be able to re-wire our brains just by wanting it hard enough. While I somewhat share the impression that extraversion is considered the more desireable trait in popular opinion (cf. the whole WHO and introversion as mental illness debate), I think that this evaluation is more the result of a poor understanding of what introversion really is. Generally, most people just confuse introversion with lack of assertiveness/self-confidence, which certainly correlates with type, but not in a causal connection.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

  9. #19
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    Looks like there is an abundance of feelers on typology...that's one case solved...quite the cute lot you guys are @Hard and @Kullervo you both have suited your purposes well, congratulations

    your advice was really good @Hard is one entertaining customer though @Kullervo supplied more of the relevant knowledge

    but as expected no one can tell me something i didn't already know, how utterly dull-_- and disappointing though @Hard had an interesting comment in regards to my "attitude" I would like you to elaborate more on that ,it should be interesting, oh and please come up with something more complex and original because seriously all your other replies to the question are already answered and unbelievably expected,therefore I've already recognized your pattern so I'm hoping for something more unconventional please thanks
    If I may, I think you're typed wrong. You don't seem to be an INTJ. I'm pretty sure your type is actually "entitled asshole." Coming from a thinking-type, here.

    But regarding the OP, it sounds like you're just butthurt because you got hurt by some extraverted people. There are some really awesome extraverts out there. And I'd hardly say the world is designed for them. Rather, there are niches for both introverts and extraverts. You're an introvert? Then maybe being a politician isn't for you, etc.
    Likes Chthonic, themightyfetus liked this post

  10. #20
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    In today's world extroverts are valued more than introverts, schools are created to house extroverts for example...the whole system reeks of extrovert all over

    surviving/thriving for an introvert just ...well became harder
    we are being ridiculed and pushed away by those who arent aware

    in my case...I'm really rare in my part of the world, I just know one other intj girl i suspect her to be an E4 aswell

    but recent events has shown me that extroverts are being put on a pedestal for a reason

    and its up to us introverts to follow suit and rise above it

    so what can we learn from extroverts?
    dont tell me the basics because i know all of them...keep your theories/concepts/ideas etc. long and complex thank you
    It's not made for extroverts. However as much as we see extroverts as malfunctioning and inefficient, they see us as similarly broken and will try to "fix" us.

    What we can learn from them is how they work so we can get in with musing in our heads whilst they expunge theirs of information onto the carpet only seconds later to walk away with the answer like we had something to do with the process.

    Enjoy being the quiet one who chimes in with insights. That's the gig.

    My INTJ friend tends to sit back on interactions, sort through the information and then chime in with an insight before sitting back again whilst the conversation develops including his gem. No extroverts or introverts were harmed in the making of the discussion /argument.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Similar Threads

  1. What can we gain from Instinct Variants?
    By IndyGhost in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 07:09 AM
  2. Can we learn to ask the Big Questions?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 06:04 AM
  3. What can we do with this?
    By Giggly in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
  4. Can we learn to be critically self-conscious?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
  5. Little Lesson, Big Lesson...What do you learn from your "mistakes?"
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO